News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What to update next on AARoads?

Started by Alex, January 18, 2009, 07:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy3175

For me it's all California all the time for the forseeable future. Probable schedule would be CA 91 and finally wrapping up I-10 in California... for those who have been following my progress, it's taken me months to get all of I-10 completed. You can see progress all around the East Los Angeles interchange. After CA 91, I'll probably replace photos in and around the Port, including I-710, CA 47, and CA 103. There might be some photo replacement work for I-110 too.

Regarding Central California Highways, I have photos of CA 198 and CA 41 ... but I have not posted many of them yet (mostly from 2005). I also have a bunch of US 101 northbound photos that I'd like to add in order to replace the existing 2001 pictures (that suck).

I also have photos from Wyoming 2008 that should get online soon as well.

Andy

Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Voyager

Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

jasonsk287

Do you guys have any photos of I-80 across Pennsylvania?

Alex

Quote from: jasonsk287 on February 05, 2009, 08:28:20 PM
Do you guys have any photos of I-80 across Pennsylvania?

Yes, westbound from PA 33 all the way to OH, and some random eastbound photos.

PlatinumSkye

I curious as to what you guys have of New Mexico. (Love that state)

Alex

Quote from: PlatinumSkye on February 18, 2009, 03:59:29 PM

We have more of Interstate 40 east from Arizona to Albuquerque, and Interstate 25 north from Rio Rancho to the Colorado state line. I added all of Andy's Albuquerque material last summer.

Also Kevin says he will be working on adding more Interstate 10 material in the near future. I'm unsure as to what else he has, but he does get to NM somewhat often.

PlatinumSkye

Quote from: aaroads on February 18, 2009, 04:46:55 PM
Quote from: PlatinumSkye on February 18, 2009, 03:59:29 PM

We have more of Interstate 40 east from Arizona to Albuquerque, and Interstate 25 north from Rio Rancho to the Colorado state line. I added all of Andy's Albuquerque material last summer.

Also Kevin says he will be working on adding more Interstate 10 material in the near future. I'm unsure as to what else he has, but he does get to NM somewhat often.

I can't wait. Although I plan on going on a trip through several states to get to New Mexico again. Would you mind photos of a few U.S. Federal Highways and several State Routes. I know you guys are mainly interested in Interstates which is understandable but I'm more into state routes myself.

Alex

We are not confined to just create pages on Interstates, it just happens to be the roads we take more often than not on new trips. The idea is to clinch as many new Interstates first, then return later to cover other roads. I've done most of the Interstates in the southeast and northeast now, that I tend to take U.S. and State highways more often. Throw in county collecting and it takes us even further away from the Interstates.

Photos are welcomed if they come with captions/descriptions.

PlatinumSkye

Quote from: aaroads on February 18, 2009, 05:00:35 PM
We are not confined to just create pages on Interstates, it just happens to be the roads we take more often than not on new trips. The idea is to clinch as many new Interstates first, then return later to cover other roads. I've done most of the Interstates in the southeast and northeast now, that I tend to take U.S. and State highways more often. Throw in county collecting and it takes us even further away from the Interstates.

Photos are welcomed if they come with captions/descriptions.

I see. Yes I could come up with captions/descriptions. The trip is going to be in the summer but I will get you the photos/captions.

Alex

If you are referring to other websites, I liked to do that, but pages change so often, its hard to keep track of them all. If you have some in mind that should be linked, send me a list.

Alex

All of Carter's Interstate 75 photos for Kentucky are now online. New pages for southbound from Cincinnati to Georgetown are now online. This leaves me with photos from Interstate 275 and 471.

yacoded

Honestly, I would love to see a new guides for Seattle and also for Hartford, which has one of the most underrated/overused road systems in the country, Metro Hartford has a population of about 1.2 million people that use two interstate highways, two spurs two US routes, and countless state roads. 
Why can't we just connect everything and everbody

The Premier

I was actually hoping you go back to Ohio to get pictures on freeways in which the freeway signs are replaced as well as other interstates, if you have the time.
Alex P. Dent

national highway 1

How about MT, NM, AK & HI? These states don't seem to have much coverage...
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

agentsteel53

Quote from: ausinterkid on April 11, 2010, 09:05:13 PM
How about MT, NM, AK & HI? These states don't seem to have much coverage...

hah, four states for which I have plenty of photos. 

https://www.aaroads.com/blog/category/places/north-america/united-states/alaska/

https://www.aaroads.com/blog/category/places/north-america/united-states/hawaii/

I will have to upload some more NM photos, as well as photos from my latest trip to Alaska in March of this year, and my Montana photos from Dec 2007.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Ian

The New England area doesn't seem to have very much coverage at all, just the interstates and a few major corridors. If you would like, I have photos of various northeast stuff I can provide.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

D-Dey65

One thing you could do is add more of the pics from I-75 between Pasco, Hernando, and Sumter Counties that I've showed off in the past. I've even got some New York pics. And yes, I even had some non-interstate pics.

national highway 1

Perhaps you coukd ask Kevin Trinkle to make guides for some of the State Highways on Oahu + Maui & the Big Island
Maybe you could do the US Routes in NM (only has US 70 in Alamogordo) I'd like to see US 491, 54, 285, 82, 64, 84, 60 & 56
Montana doesn't have a guide yet, but you could start with I-15, 1-90, I-94
Idaho could use I-15/ I-84/I-90 & I-86
Arizona is missing the following: AZ 64  67 , 68, 69, 73, 89, 98, 99 169, 179, 180A, 181, 260, 264, 261, 273, 287, 289, 277, 377, 389, 373 , 473 &  587 + us 180
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

Alex

It is going to be Virginia Virginia Virginia for me until I get through the remaining queue of photos we have. I still have material for I-81, I-64 west of I-81, I-95 around Richmond, I-85, VA-288, US 58/360, VA 47, VA 45, US 60, US 460, etc.

tdindy88

I am pleased to see more Indiana pictures last year, and I have some pictures of other highways not covered in that collection, particularly the rest of the South Bend/Elkhart bypass from Elkhart westward to the Toll Road, I-69 in the Fort Wayne area, the Muncie Bypass, SR 37 from Indianapolis to Bedford, the Lloyd Expressway and I-164 in Evansville, as well as any other Indianapolis area picture you need. How would I get about sending these pictures to you and is there a particular format you need them in?

Ian

I have photos of Virginia US 301 north of Bowling Green if you need them.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

D-Dey65

Quote from: lamsalfl on January 27, 2009, 10:42:23 PM
Ok Alex, here's my wishlist atm:  

I-95 southbound
I-75 southbound

Both in Flarrida.

Aw, crap. I just have a northbound I-75 image from Florida at the Hernando-Sumter County Line over the Withlacoochee River Bridge.

I can't remeber the exact date I took this, but I might have it somewhere on a text file.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: AARoads on April 14, 2010, 02:21:04 AM
It is going to be Virginia Virginia Virginia for me until I get through the remaining queue of photos we have. I still have material for I-81, I-64 west of I-81, I-95 around Richmond, I-85, VA-288, US 58/360, VA 47, VA 45, US 60, US 460, etc.

What else do you need? I might have to dig through my archives to see if there's anything else you might be interested in...
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Alex

Quote from: SyntheticDreamer on April 21, 2010, 09:51:30 PM
Quote from: AARoads on April 14, 2010, 02:21:04 AM

What else do you need? I might have to dig through my archives to see if there's anything else you might be interested in...

I am almost done with Interstate 81 *finally*, then I will be shifting further east, ending up in Richmond at the end. I am down to 953 photos to cull through and process...

Also working on a side project that will make it much easier to add photos to the web site using php. Very eager to complete the modules for it, so we can add new areas and update old ones faster.

froggie

QuoteAlso working on a side project that will make it much easier to add photos to the web site using php. Very eager to complete the modules for it, so we can add new areas and update old ones faster.

I may be interested in your .php process and how you'll update the associated database...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.