Regional Boards > Southeast

North Carolina

<< < (807/860) > >>

The Ghostbuster:
I wonder which corridor that isn't yet planned to become an Interstate corridor might become one in the future? Perhaps the US 421 corridor between Wilkesboro and Winston-Salem will be proposed as an Interstate 46? I also wouldn't be surprised if US 321 gets an Interstate designation. Maybe North Carolina will give the US 1 corridor southwest of Raleigh another attempt at joining the Interstate System?

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 03, 2021, 12:46:44 PM ---I wonder which corridor that isn't yet planned to become an Interstate corridor might become one in the future? Perhaps the US 421 corridor between Wilkesboro and Winston-Salem will be proposed as an Interstate 46? I also wouldn't be surprised if US 321 gets an Interstate designation. Maybe North Carolina will give the US 1 corridor southwest of Raleigh another attempt at joining the Interstate System?

--- End quote ---
US-74 between I-26 and I-73.

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 03, 2021, 12:46:44 PM ---I wonder which corridor that isn't yet planned to become an Interstate corridor might become one in the future? Perhaps the US 421 corridor between Wilkesboro and Winston-Salem will be proposed as an Interstate 46?

--- End quote ---

If anything, make that a I-x77 instead.  Way too short for a 2di IMO.

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on June 03, 2021, 09:49:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 03, 2021, 12:46:44 PM ---I wonder which corridor that isn't yet planned to become an Interstate corridor might become one in the future? Perhaps the US 421 corridor between Wilkesboro and Winston-Salem will be proposed as an Interstate 46?

--- End quote ---

If anything, make that a I-x77 instead.  Way too short for a 2di IMO.

--- End quote ---
Id argue it doesnt even need a designation. It doesnt really connect any major population centers to warrant one. Perhaps a 3di if desired, however. The US-421 freeway would need upgrading, given its age in many areas.

tolbs17:
https://www.witn.com/2021/06/03/three-killed-in-crash-that-closes-us-264-in-pitt-county/

Sad news. I know one of those students that were killed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version