Regional Boards > Southeast

Georgia

<< < (333/346) > >>

Tom958:

--- Quote from: Tomahawkin on June 08, 2021, 07:20:26 PM ---per the ajc. the 400/285 should be 80 percent complete by years end. it took long enough. i honestly think the 635 below grade toll lane project in Dallas took less time to build and is more efficient when you combine it with the hi-five interchange

--- End quote ---

There's no way in hell that'll happen. They'll be doing great to get to that point by the end of 2022. Why do they tell people this crap?

roadman65:

What is up here preventing a right turn through the piece of road intended for it?

This ramp end at I-95 N Bound Exit 29 makes traffic pass through the intersection rather than bypass it with an easier merge.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on June 11, 2021, 10:12:44 AM ---

What is up here preventing a right turn through the piece of road intended for it?

This ramp end at I-95 N Bound Exit 29 makes traffic pass through the intersection rather than bypass it with an easier merge.

--- End quote ---
Must have been problematic somehow given traffic volumes at the merge.  Had to use the light to meter and a few pylons were a lot cheaper than ripping out pavement.

jmacswimmer:

--- Quote from: Rothman on June 11, 2021, 10:40:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on June 11, 2021, 10:12:44 AM ---[img snipped]

--- End quote ---
Must have been problematic somehow given traffic volumes at the merge.  Had to use the light to meter and a few pylons were a lot cheaper than ripping out pavement.

--- End quote ---

If I had to guess, I'd say there was probably an issue with trucks coming off that now-closed ramp and instantly crossing both thru lanes to turn left into the Love's truck stop?  Having traffic turn right at the signal, while less convenient, is safer for traffic looking to immediately turn left.

(I took that ramp back in December - while heading up I-95 returning from Florida, I made a small detour to cross the Sidney Lanier Bridge - and I had to wait behind a line of trucks waiting to turn right at the bottom of the ramp.)

Tom958:
So, yesterday I was on GDOT's metro Atlanta Facebook page. They'd posted about an upcoming lane closure on 285 to address this rather alarming situation. I was at work, but it was late in the day and no one else had posted, so I posted something about my dislike for those LEFT tabs that are unfortunately mandated by the MUTCD. Someone replied-- a guy who designs signage for another DOT-- posted his disagreement with me, I posted back, mentioning how the APL's at that interchange were... non MUTCD-compliant. We had a nice little conversation going, which I wished to continue when I finished my drive home from work. However, when I arrived home and checked Facebook, my apparently-offensive post was gone, as well as my new pal's reply. Shortly thereafter, GDOT deleted the whole post. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version