Regional Boards > Southeast

From the north along I-95 to Tampa Bay/ SW Florida

<< < (4/4)

wriddle082:
I have generally had good luck taking 295 to 10 to 301 and cutting over to 75 via NW 77th St and FL 326 north of Ocala.  I will definitely try out FL 200 to avoid Jacksonville altogether, especially since much of 295 is only four lanes.

Years ago I used to consider US 27 to FL 29 to FL 80 to be a halfway decent route to get from Orlando to Ft. Myers that avoided Tampa and the (at the time) four-lane stretch of 75 below Venice.  But from what Iím reading here now, I should just completely avoid Orlando unless I have business there, and since 75 is pretty much all six lanes to Naples I should just stick with it.  Though at this point Iím starting to get annoyed with the traffic on 75 b/w 10 and the Turnpike, and they really need to get the Suncoast Parkway built up to at least I-10, and a short Turnpike northern extension to it.

DeaconG:
I-95/FL 407/FL 528. There's a reason 528 used to be known as the BEE LINE. The toll booth at the airport's gone. Pay the man and punch it.

VTGoose:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on May 27, 2021, 06:29:25 PM ---Note there is a big construction project underway on I-10 at the US-301 interchange. Not sure what theyíre doing, and it didnít really delay us, but the temporary signage appeared to confuse a trucker who swerved at the last minute and almost caused a wreck.

--- End quote ---

This seems to be a make-work project since it has been going on for about 6 years now. One piece that did get done was a new ramp from U.S. 301 north to I-10 east, offering up an exit on the right from U.S. 301. Until that was done, there was a left turn at a short traffic light that backed up traffic for a distance (mainly trucks from the truck stops there).

Bruce in Blacksburg

D-Dey65:

--- Quote from: VTGoose on May 28, 2021, 04:09:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: 1995hoo on May 27, 2021, 06:29:25 PM ---Note there is a big construction project underway on I-10 at the US-301 interchange. Not sure what theyíre doing, and it didnít really delay us, but the temporary signage appeared to confuse a trucker who swerved at the last minute and almost caused a wreck.

--- End quote ---

This seems to be a make-work project since it has been going on for about 6 years now. One piece that did get done was a new ramp from U.S. 301 north to I-10 east, offering up an exit on the right from U.S. 301. Until that was done, there was a left turn at a short traffic light that backed up traffic for a distance (mainly trucks from the truck stops there).

Bruce in Blacksburg

--- End quote ---
Really? Because I thought that was partially in conjunction with the construction of the Baldwin Bypass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version