News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted$8roadFan

jgb191

Tomorrow:  Highs ranging from low 80s to mid 80s, and Lows in the mid 60s to upper 60s.  And then warming up even more this weekend returning to 90s during the afternoon.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

jgb191

Of the daily record highs for last month (February 2022):

One day occurred in Arizona
Eight days in California
13 days in Florida
Five days in Texas

Exactly half the days (14 days) last month peaked in the 90s, and one of those days reached triple-digits.  The highest of the days occurred at Falcon Lake, Texas (102 degrees).

skluth

Quote from: jgb191 on March 03, 2022, 03:14:10 PM
Of the daily record highs for last month (February 2022):

One day occurred in Arizona
Eight days in California
13 days in Florida
Five days in Texas

Exactly half the days (14 days) last month peaked in the 90s, and one of those days reached triple-digits.  The highest of the days occurred at Falcon Lake, Texas (102 degrees).
Palm Springs CA had one of them. 93° on Feb 11. I'd rather have a record high in February than July or August.

kphoger

We had our share of weirdness last month.

2/16/2022 – high temp 69°F
2/17/2022 – 4 to 6 inches of snow and ice with wind gusts, low temp 9°F

2/21/2022 – high temp 69°F
2/22/2022 – snow, low temp 10°F

I tell you, it's weird to be spreading ice melt on the pavement while wearing short sleeves.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jgb191

Quote from: skluth on March 03, 2022, 04:18:55 PM
I'd rather have a record high in February than July or August.

So agree with you there....a winter record high is far more tolerable than a summer record high.

webny99

Quote from: jgb191 on March 04, 2022, 04:12:23 AM
Quote from: skluth on March 03, 2022, 04:18:55 PM
I'd rather have a record high in February than July or August.

So agree with you there....a winter record high is far more tolerable than a summer record high.

Well done.  :D

jgb191

For Today:

Corpus Christi:  86 high, 66 low
Laredo:  90 high, 68 low
McAllen:  92 high, 70 low
Brownsville:  88 high, 72 low

Normally this time of the year we are in the range of upper 50s to mid 60s for lows, and upper 70s to low 80s for highs.

7/8

Speaking of warm, it's reaching an impressive 13 C (55 F) today in Kitchener. It's also pretty sunny outside, so it may be a good day for a walk. However, it's also saying a wind warning for today with gusts up to 90 km/h (56 mph), so hopefully that starts later in the day. Tomorrow is back into the negatives again with some freezing rain and snow.

tolbs17

Today was 80 degrees. Very hot!

US 89

kevinb1994

69 degrees right now, via the current conditions at nearby-ish Craig Airport. Tonight here (outside of Palm Valley) should be mostly clear. There will be a jump in rain chance by week's end, reaching 70% on Thursday (no surprise there, as there are t-storms in the forecast for that day).

tolbs17

82 degrees, partly cloudy with strong winds.

JayhawkCO

High of 30 today.  It snowed both of the previous days and has all melted off of the roads and sidewalks due to the intense sunshine. Not a cloud in the sky.

US 89

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 07, 2022, 03:36:41 PM
High of 30 today.  It snowed both of the previous days and has all melted off of the roads and sidewalks due to the intense sunshine. Not a cloud in the sky.

You probably had the same storms that just rolled through Utah over the weekend. My family in SLC got smacked with 10" of snow Saturday night.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: US 89 on March 07, 2022, 05:29:14 PM

You probably had the same storms that just rolled through Utah over the weekend. My family in SLC got smacked with 10" of snow Saturday night.

We didn't end up getting that much. Maybe 4" total, but like I said, all gone (from roads, driveway, etc.) in a day where it didn't get over freezing.

Ted$8roadFan

Quite windy and relatively warm, with scattered power outages and tree limbs down.

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 07, 2022, 06:04:06 PM
Quote from: US 89 on March 07, 2022, 05:29:14 PM

We didn't end up getting that much. Maybe 4" total, but like I said, all gone (from roads, driveway, etc.) in a day where it didn't get over freezing.

Interesting. Not sure I've ever seen that much snow melt without it getting over freezing. But I suppose the sun is stronger further south, so that wouldn't be as likely to happen here until April-May, by which time if we do get snow, it's usually less than 4 inches.

ozarkman417

Thursday night and Friday, 2-3" of snow is expected.

Rothman

Quote from: ozarkman417 on March 09, 2022, 12:02:23 AM
Thursday night and Friday, 2-3" of snow is expected.
See the title of the thread again. ;D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kevinb1994

Currently at Craig Airport, it is 75 degrees. Today calls for clouds and a possibility of showers. Starting tomorrow, there is an increased chance of showers (90%), though it then drops down to 30% later tomorrow before going back up to 60% by tomorrow's end then back up to 90% on Friday, followed by a drop to 80% for Friday night and Saturday. The rain will be gone for Saturday night, but the low will be cold at 35 degrees. Sunday's high will be cool at 56 degrees.

JayhawkCO

Bruce

Sunny and 50. Spring-like but a bit too dry.

Other parts of the metro area are seeing graupel, though.

Ted$8roadFan

Cold and snowy, but will be melting quickly today.

JayhawkCO

-2 and snowy when I woke up this morning.  Up to 8 now.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.