News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlam

Sunny and 32 degrees. The cloudless sky and the dusting of snow from last night are proving to be a very bright combination.

kphoger

Rain showers all day.

To give you an idea how welcome the rain is, consider this:  since the end of June, I only mowed my yard three times, and the most recent time I didn't even bother doing the back.  For all of July—October, we only received 3.55 inches of precipitation;  they're forecasting at least an inch today.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

skluth

It actually dropped to less than 50°F last night. Brrr. I had to turn on the furnace and it's not even Election Day.   :bigass:

thspfc

Torrential rain. Guess that's the price we pay for this week's significantly warmer than average weather. These mid/late fall storms seem to be getting more and more common.

algorerhythms

Partly cloudy and 21 degrees. Really nice for this time of year.

kphoger

Quote from: algorerhythms on November 04, 2022, 03:43:42 PM

Where's that?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

algorerhythms

thspfc

Max Rockatansky

Got down to 38F this morning in Fresno when I was out running this morning.  The high today is 62F.

Bruce

Had some heavy rain last night.

Forecast calls for us to have lows in the 20 and potential snow on Monday. Some parts of Metro Vancouver have already had their first snows, and the mountains are expecting several feet. We've skipped over autumn.

Roadgeekteen

It's been unusually warm over the past few days and over the weekend, getting into the 70s.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Bruce

Windstorms! Power outages! Short rainstorms!

Winter has arrived.

7/8

Quote from: thspfc on November 04, 2022, 05:07:49 PM
Quote from: algorerhythms on November 04, 2022, 04:20:35 PM
Quote from: kphoger on November 04, 2022, 03:49:27 PM
Quote from: algorerhythms on November 04, 2022, 03:43:42 PM

Where's that?
KW, Ontario.
Celsius right?

Yep, it's been unseasonably warm for this time of year. Next week looks nice to with expected dry weather until Friday and highs in the 10-17 C range (50-63 F). It's a good opportunity for concrete and asphalt on my construction site.

kphoger

Supposedly, there was a bit of snow overnight.  But the ground is still so warm, and it was so wet from the rain all day yesterday, that none stuck.  This week, it's supposed to be cooler, but high temps are still forecast to be in the 61—72 range.  It's only from Thursday on that the temps are supposed to drop in more earnest (which should still be somewhat pleasant fall weather).  With how long the summer heat lasted, I was worried we wouldn't have much fall weather before winter came, but it appears we're getting a nice step-down this year.  Unfortunately, the drought has meant that a lot of the beautiful fall-colored trees have instead become various shades of brown.

It's currently sunny, in the low 40s.
Male pronouns, please.

Ted$8roadFan

hotdogPi

High of 76°. Local average for November 6 is 55°.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

1995hoo

It doesn't look like it's snowing outside, though it can be hard to tell looking out a window.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Roadgeekteen

Another day in the 70s coming up.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Ted$8roadFan

In the 70s, the last September-like day before November finally arrives.

jakeroot

It has been decently dry in Okinawa lately. Only a couple showers the last week. Humidity hasn't been as brutal either, although at this moment (8:41pm, Monday 7 Nov) it's 72 F, 85% humidity and a dew point of 67 F. So...still humid! Cloudy tomorrow and then off/on thunderstorms for the next week.

Max Rockatansky

I'm about to go run in a downpour, at least it's warm at 55F.  Apparently Fresno has .50 inches in the forecast today and tomorrow.  Usually I go for a 13.1 mile run on Monday.  I'm hoping for 8 miles, from what I'm hearing out the window I might have to accept 5 miles.

Edit:  The rain eased up a lot by mile 3 and didn't pick up again until mile 11.  I was largely on asphalt the last couple miles so I went for my normal run and ended up at 13.34 miles.

Bruce

Still cleaning up from the windstorm. Power is out for many parts of the county and my internet has been cut down to 2.5 Mbps.

Billy F 1988

Started off with breezy winds today, then transitioning into flurries, which started around 11:00 Mountain this morning, then tapered off by 4:00 this afternoon, now I'm sitting at 25 with patchy clouds, but the roads are already a mess. As you know, with any mountainous state like Montana, once the temperature drops below 32, all that slush goes to ice by 6:00 in the evening as the sun sets. Then, overnight, it gets hard. Not a good time to be catting around like it's still summer because, after all, where I am, those Hellgate Canyon winds start to rock and roll when snow storms like this roll into town. Had a couple windstorms the other day like what Bruce had, and my power was blipped off Friday night last week at 8:15 (or 7:15 PM MST), but the real shocker was that next door, they still had power and I could see the flood light from my bedroom window which was very eerie because the front side was pitch black. It was out for about a half hour before power was restored at sometime between 8:30 to 8:45 (or 7:30 to 7:45 MST).
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Roadgeekteen

Ted$8roadFan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.