News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jakeroot

Okinawa: Around 70 and sunny today. Humidity is pretty reasonable too, around 50% with a dew point in the low 50s. Reminds me of a warm fall day back home in WA.

Chance of rain tomorrow, but pretty dry overall looking forward. Around 60 to 65 most days, lows in the mid-50s. Lots of wind here, too.

Ted$8roadFan

Bruce

5 inches of snow; high of 25F and low of 16F.

Tomorrow night is expected to get into the single digits.

Billy F 1988

Tonight through Thursday night, I'm gonna be in the midst of this Canadian polar clipper that's dropping lows to double digits below zero, and dangerous wind chills between -40 to -50 while isolated locations in Central and Eastern Montana are experiencing up to around -60 wind chill. It doesn't look like Missoula will break that 1990 record low of -25 on Wednesday, but it is forecast to reach and tie the record. But then, a double whammy of a storm system is heading into Missoula later in the week as rain and snow mix will combine to slicken roads even more along the passes. So, whatever snow came here in the last few days will crust over the next 24 to 48 hours, the roads are already glazing, so, that gives you an idea of what I'm expecting in Missoula over the next couple of days.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Flint1979

I don't know what the actual temperature is but it's cold. Actually I think it's about 15° outside with a wind chill making it feel even colder.

thspfc

Our weather is backwards. It's about 0 right now. It's going to warm up throughout the day and peak in the mid-20s around 2 AM. Then it's going to fall again to around 0 by tomorrow afternoon, during the time it would normally be warming up. Therefore, the weather apps say that today and tomorrow both have highs in the mid-20s, but very few people will be awake to feel those temperatures.

Roadgeekteen

StogieGuy7

Cloudy and up to 27 from 4 F earlier this am (7:00 to be exact). Wind, snow and bitter cold are expected tomorrow.

jgb191

Right around normal conditions for this time of the year here in South Texas.  As indicated below, Brownsville is a tad above-average.  All that will change sharply after tomorrow.

Brownsville:      78 high (+4);  57 low (+3)
Corpus Christi:  71 high (0);    51 low (-1)
Laredo:            72 high (+3);  50 low (0)
McAllen:           74 high (0);    53 low (0)

That same cold front that you all are seeing now will tear through our area tomorrow night and plunge our Friday morning's temperatures down to sub-freezing levels.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

jlam

-3 F and it feels like -30 F out in Fort Morgan where I am right now.

chrismarion100

5 degrees and snowing (and only just getting stated as we are slated to get 4 to 8 inches of it over the next few days)

JayhawkCO

-6° with -25° wind chill and snowing.

Billy F 1988

-6, wind chill -28, currently under a Wind Chill Warning in Missoula.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

zachary_amaryllis

Currently -17 in Fort Collins, not sure up here, but guessing a smidge warmer.

This was the craziest thing I've ever seen. I was driving north on College and in the space of like 4 miles, it had dropped like 30 degrees. This was a REAL sharp frontal boundary.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

jlam

It is currently -9°F in Ft. Morgan, feeling like -33. From 2 to 3 today, the temperature dropped from 51 to 0 and gradually decreased throughout the evening. This is the craziest front I have ever seen.

Amaury

Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: jlam on December 21, 2022, 11:58:55 PM
It is currently -9°F in Ft. Morgan, feeling like -33. From 2 to 3 today, the temperature dropped from 51 to 0 and gradually decreased throughout the evening. This is the craziest front I have ever seen.
-14 up here in Poudre Park. 53 in the room I'm typing in (but that's by choice). We had about 3 inches of snow, but appears to be dead clear now.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

kirbykart

hotdogPi

Quote from: kirbykart on December 22, 2022, 08:36:35 AM
Big storm is coming to WNY.

Snow or rain? Eastern Massachusetts is always one day after western New York, but unlike most of the country, we're getting rain and thunder with a high of 54.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

JayhawkCO

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on December 21, 2022, 10:43:50 PM
Currently -17 in Fort Collins, not sure up here, but guessing a smidge warmer.

This was the craziest thing I've ever seen. I was driving north on College and in the space of like 4 miles, it had dropped like 30 degrees. This was a REAL sharp frontal boundary.

At the airport in Denver, they recorded a 37° degree drop in an hour. The sharpest decline ever. It's currently -15° here.

ZLoth

Right now, where I live, it's 44℉ which is the HIGH for today at 8 AM Central Time. As you can see here... it's going to drop to about 24℉ in about four hours.

As for the next ten days... well... DFW may not get a white Christmas, but it will be a very COLD Christmas.

I know, I know... "Welcome to the MidWest, Pal!"
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

kirbykart

Quote from: 1 on December 22, 2022, 08:37:47 AM
Quote from: kirbykart on December 22, 2022, 08:36:35 AM
Big storm is coming to WNY.

Snow or rain? Eastern Massachusetts is always one day after western New York, but unlike most of the country, we're getting rain and thunder with a high of 54.

NWS says, "widespread accumulating snow and blowing snow". A couple feet of snow and "winds gusting as high as 60 mph". Weather on the local news this morning said wind chills in the negative double digits (wind chill -25 in Olean).

NWI_Irish96

Right now: 34 degrees and cloudy with minimal wind

2 hours from now: 14 degrees, heavy snow, 30+ mph winds
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.