News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jakeroot

Quote from: JayhawkCO on August 02, 2023, 01:26:32 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on August 01, 2023, 08:12:03 PM
Typhoon (aka hurricane) conditions for me. Water flooding in, insane wind and rain. Doors ripped off, trees coming out of their roots. 300,000+ without power across Okinawa Main Island.

Be safe.

Cheers, I appreciate it. Power was out for a while, but it's good now. I'm totally safe though.

Got a run in earlier in the day while it wasn't raining. Got to the halfway point, and it started pouring. Oops. At least it isn't cold rain.

Unfortunately, the same storm is turning around and coming back for round 2. Here is some video from The Guardian:

https://youtu.be/cgSOIbogD-4

Ted$8roadFan

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Dough4872

75 and cloudy, little dreary for August

Ted$8roadFan

Roadgeekteen

ZLoth

Quote from: ZLoth on August 02, 2023, 11:43:35 AM
Currently under a excessive heat warning until 8 PM Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. And current weather forecast shows a minimum high of 98℉ for the next ten days, and that is occurring on Tuesday, August 8th.

Currently under a excessive heat warning until 8 PM Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday-See update 20. And that weather forecast showing a of 98℉ on Tuesday, August 8th? All 100℉ minimum until Tuesday, August 15th.

Yeah, my mother is complaining, and wants to move back to California. Uh, no, can't move as I would be paying double in mortgage interest.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Ted$8roadFan

Bruce

High 70s, humid, and overcast. The worst kind of day.

7/8

19C (66F) and overcast, some rain expected to start any minute now.

jakeroot

The typhoon that hit Okinawa came back for round 2 over the weekend, bouncing off some high pressure situated over China.

Being at the bottom of the storm now, rather than the top, the wind was coming from the other direction over the weekend. So the front of my apartment was being battered earlier last week, and then it was the back-side of the apartment over the weekend. Unfortunately, the back-side of the apartment has two massive sliding windows that seem to have a design flaw. Needless to say, I spent most of my free-time watching my base-boards and cleaning up water seeping into the framing via the sliding windows, which then ended up all over the floor inside my apartment.

I can say this much: I am exhausted, and I'm glad I'm a renter.

Weather-wise, still very windy but no rain today. Finally some sun, actually. Currently 80 F with a dew point of 77 F, so pretty humid. Mid-80s today...and everyday :-D

Roadgeekteen

it was around 80 and sunny today

CoreySamson

Quote from: Bruce on August 06, 2023, 04:08:20 PM
High 70s, humid, and overcast. The worst kind of day.
I for one would love that weather right now. It's been around 100 degrees and dry nearly every day for what feels like 2 months here in Houston (and there's no relief in sight; well, I guess I get a break when I travel back up to Tulsa for my sophomore year).

Quote from: jakeroot on August 06, 2023, 06:43:08 PM
The typhoon that hit Okinawa came back for round 2 over the weekend, bouncing off some high pressure situated over China.

Being at the bottom of the storm now, rather than the top, the wind was coming from the other direction over the weekend. So the front of my apartment was being battered earlier last week, and then it was the back-side of the apartment over the weekend. Unfortunately, the back-side of the apartment has two massive sliding windows that seem to have a design flaw. Needless to say, I spent most of my free-time watching my base-boards and cleaning up water seeping into the framing via the sliding windows, which then ended up all over the floor inside my apartment.

Weather-wise, still very windy but no rain today. Finally some sun, actually. Currently 80 F with a dew point of 77 F, so pretty humid. Mid-80s today...and everyday :-D
Glad to hear you are okay. Whenever I see a tropical cyclone stall out like Khanun did near land, I get Harvey flashbacks. Rainfall from TCs is no joke.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

jakeroot

Quote from: CoreySamson on August 06, 2023, 08:42:42 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on August 06, 2023, 06:43:08 PM

Glad to hear you are okay. Whenever I see a tropical cyclone stall out like Khanun did near land, I get Harvey flashbacks. Rainfall from TCs is no joke.

I appreciate that, thank you. Wasn't sure if it made the news back in the US or not.

The rain has been insane. I've not been able to track down definite numbers, but I've heard at least 12+ inches after the second doubling-back of the storm.

Locals have been saying to have a storm double back the way this one did was incredibly rare, they've never heard of it happening to Okinawa before.

Road Hog

One of the long-range computer models I've been watching forecasts a big change for North Texas around August 20 with highs in the 80s. We'll see about that, but at least we might see a couple of rounds of rain chances the next couple of days.

Ted$8roadFan

65 and cloudy, with light rain approaching.

MATraveler128

70s and cloudy with on and off light rain
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

Roadgeekteen

70s and cloudy with rain possible

Hunty2022

88 and partly cloudy. Tornado watch until 9 PM. Moderate risk for severe storms.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Dough4872

84 and mostly cloudy, under a tornado watch

jgb191

More of the same conditions here....still remaining several degrees above average.  Humidity remains normal along with coast with dew points hovering in the upper 70s, while Laredo area is remaining a lot less humid than the coastal areas with upper 60s to low 70s.  Once again in places like Robstown and Kingsville, the heat index could inch a tick (or two) above 120 degrees.

ACTUAL                              AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:        104 high; 84 low                    99 high; 80 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:    102 high; 85 low                    98 high; 82 low
LAREDO:                  111 high; 82 low                  105 high; 80 low
MCALLEN:                108 high; 82 low                  102 high; 81 low

Nighttime Heat Index:  upper 80s to around 100 degrees
Daytime Heat Index:  mid 110s to low 120s
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

ZLoth

Quote from: ZLoth on August 05, 2023, 11:05:25 PMCurrently under a excessive heat warning until 8 PM Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday-See update 20. And that weather forecast showing a of 98℉ on Tuesday, August 8th? All 100℉ minimum until Tuesday, August 15th.

Yeah, my mother is complaining, and wants to move back to California. Uh, no, can't move as I would be paying double in mortgage interest.

Currently under a excessive heat warning until 8 PM Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday-See update 20 Tuesday-see update 23.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Ted$8roadFan

78 and humid, partly sunny.  Had lots of rain earlier today.

Roadgeekteen

80 and cloudy, rain earlier today caused floods in my town.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.