News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dough4872

ZLoth

It is 90℉ outside. It is only 5 AM, thus the forecast high . And, we're under a Excessive Heat Warning until Sunday 8 PM. The forecast high is 107℉.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Ted$8roadFan

gonealookin

It's gray and cool at 53°F this morning and probably won't get much past 60°F today and the next couple days.  We're toward the western edge of the projected path of the remnants of Hilary, and it looks like the effect here will be about like a modest storm we might ordinarily get in late September or early October, just some moderate rain, not windy and not cold enough for snow even high up on the mountains.

Bruce

Max Rockatansky

Mostly just gloomy around Fresno.  Occasional drizzles and just won't notable shower so far. 

CtrlAltDel

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Ted$8roadFan

gonealookin

It's still dry at Tahoe, just chilly and a little bit breezy.  The sun never did come out today.  The Bidens are here on vacation, staying in a beachfront place just a few miles up the road in Glenbrook, and they got 99th percentile crap non-beach summer weather; they do have a little Air Force One side trip to Maui tomorrow to warm up though.

Scott5114

Quote from: ZLoth on August 14, 2023, 09:06:10 AM

Now, that's a Unicode character I haven't seen in the wild very often...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Dough4872

Ted$8roadFan

jgb191

TS Harold brought a lot of relief for us....some very welcomed mild temperatures and desperately needed rainfall.  Laredo in particular failed to reach triple-digit high temperatures for the first time since June 8th, snapping a string of 74 consecutive days of 100+ degrees, and nighttime temperatures dropping down to the 70s for the first time in over a month.

Harold's max intensity peaked at sustained winds of over 50 MPH though and knocked out power for several thousand homes.  Kingsville looked to be the closest town to Harold's path.  With tropical season approaching peak-activity next month, we're hoping for more rain to make up for our current drought.  September and October are our wettest months of the year.

ACTUAL                              AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:        96 high; 82 low                    98 high; 79 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:    95 high; 83 low                    97 high; 80 low
LAREDO:                  98 high; 77 low                  103 high; 77 low
MCALLEN:                98 high; 79 low                  100 high; 78 low

Nighttime Heat Index:  low-80s to mid-90s.
Daytime Heat Index:  mid to upper 110s (maybe nearing the 120-degrees mark in a couple of locations).
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Brandon

A high of 97F and a dew point of 79F.  You do the math on the humidity.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

jgb191

Quote from: Brandon on August 23, 2023, 03:11:32 PM

Those numbers calculates to a Heat Index of 116 degrees, which is what I'm also seeing here; you're getting a brief taste of what those of us here on the Gulf coast experience virtually every day during the summer months.

Those numbers also come out to about 57% RH, underscoring the error of looking at RH to determine the amount of moisture in the air.  RH is a percentage just how full of water the container is based on the size of the container (so to speak); while dew point is the degrees to which the temperature must be cooled to for fully saturated air for things like fog or rain.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

thspfc

Quote from: Brandon on August 23, 2023, 03:11:32 PM
Heat index here was ~110 at 6 PM. I was drenched in sweat after only 8 miles on the bike at a leisurely pace. But I actually kinda like having one or two of these days a year, just to remember what it feels like.

NWI_Irish96

80F at 6am here. I can't recall it ever being that warm at 6am here.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Ted$8roadFan

NWI_Irish96

Chicago-O'Hare just hit 100F, first 100+ reading since July 2012.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Dough4872

Brandon

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on August 24, 2023, 07:06:26 AM
80F at 6am here. I can't recall it ever being that warm at 6am here.

Go back to July 1995.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

hotdogPi

Medium-term: Somehow we've had extremely few 90+ days this year. None in the next ten days either, unless September 3 at forecasted 88° hits 90.

Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Ted$8roadFan

Hunty2022

94 just south of Charlotte, at the SC Welcome Center off of I-77.

This is also my first post in South Carolina!!
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Bruce

68 and smoke with a dash of rain expected. Apparently thunderstorms are moving through the area as well, which is rare for us.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.