Regional Boards > Northeast

I-95 Delaware River Scudder Falls bridge replacement (toll?)

(1/39) > >>

mightyace:
Apparently, some powers that be want to build the I-95 bridge over the Delaware River as a toll bridge.  Of course, it will probably be I-195 before said bridge is completed whether free or toll.

PA/NJ I-95 Delaware River Scudder Falls bridge replacement proposed for toll financing

Chris:
That will probably redirect some traffic via the US 1 bridge in Trenton.

I don't like the current trend to just randomly toll anything they can't finance otherwise. Of course, it's necessary to finance replacement/repaving/widening, but it also leads to an undesired change in traffic patterns. There are more than enough people willing to drive a few miles extra to avoid a toll bridge.

froggie:

--- Quote ---That will probably redirect some traffic via the US 1 bridge in Trenton.
--- End quote ---

Northbound, yes.  Southbound, not so much, since the US 1 bridge has long been tolled southbound.

mightyace:

--- Quote from: froggie on December 23, 2009, 09:26:54 AM ---
--- Quote ---That will probably redirect some traffic via the US 1 bridge in Trenton.
--- End quote ---

Northbound, yes.  Southbound, not so much, since the US 1 bridge has long been tolled southbound.

--- End quote ---

If the new I-95 (future I-195) bridge is tolled, I'm guessing it will likely be tolled in only one direction as well.

froggie:
Probably.  Southbound would be the more likely direction, in keeping with the "standard policy" of tolling only when you leave New Jersey and not when you enter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version