Regional Boards > Mountain West

Opinion: US 285 should be signed east-west

(1/7) > >>

usends:
...in the Denver area, that is.  The situation there is quite similar to US 41 in Miami (where the signposted directions change to east-west) and US 24 in Michigan (where signs change to north-south).  Full article with maps and photos

zzcarp:
It's a great article. I agree with you. Through Denver, Kenosha Pass, and I'd argue through CO 9 at Fairplay and maybe even to US 24 at Buena Vista, US 285 is functionally an east-west highway and an alternate route for using the clogged I-70 in the mountains. The highway it mostly supplanted, CO 8, is and was signed as an east-west highway

It's also an odd ending at I-25: no one takes I-25 south to US 285 south to follow the route; it's northbound I-25 to southbound US 285. Signing 285 east-west would alleviate that.

Although fictional, I wish US 285 still followed the curve north to Havana to Colfax to end. When that was so, I think it more justified the north-south routing than the current configuration.

CDOT should promote the directional change and celebrate by putting interchanges at the last two traffic signals between Kenosha Pass and C-470 as well as the Knox Court/Lowell Boulevard and Riverpoint signals in Sheridan.

SkyPesos:
Also US 62 in Ohio is signed E-W south of Columbus and imo it should be changed to N-S.

Roadgeekteen:
I saw the title and got super confused for a second.

US 89:

--- Quote from: zzcarp on June 28, 2021, 10:32:04 PM ---Although fictional, I wish US 285 still followed the curve north to Havana to Colfax to end. When that was so, I think it more justified the north-south routing than the current configuration.

--- End quote ---

I agree with that. Plus it's all SH 30 still, so it's not like state maintenance was the reason for truncating it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version