News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

La Crosse WI North-South Condor

Started by chrismarion100, September 09, 2021, 09:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrismarion100

The idea for a new North South Condor stated way back in the 1940's and try serval times to get it built but the closet they got was in the 1990's but failed due to city voters.

TheHighwayMan3561

City doesn't want it, state insists it's still needed. Not sure what the real need is in 2021 if it's just a shortcut between La Crosse and Onalaska, and not even being anything as close to a N/S bypass as the terrain allows.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

SEWIGuy

City government doesn't want it.  The citizens don't want it.  Being through the area many times, I don't see why they keep pushing it.

hobsini2

Quote from: SEWIGuy on September 10, 2021, 08:54:43 AM
City government doesn't want it.  The citizens don't want it.  Being through the area many times, I don't see why they keep pushing it.
Because Losey Blvd has no room for expansion.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

The Ghostbuster

Here is the DOT website for the La Crosse North-South Corridor: https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/sw/couleeregion/default.aspx. The project was enumerated in the late 1990's, but has stalled out since then (probably due to local opposition and the November 1998 referendum that failed 2-1). Maybe the DOT should just give up on doing anything within this corridor.

chrismarion100

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on September 16, 2021, 03:01:47 PM
Here is the DOT website for the La Crosse North-South Corridor: https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/sw/couleeregion/default.aspx. The project was enumerated in the late 1990's, but has stalled out since then (probably due to local opposition and the November 1998 referendum that failed 2-1). Maybe the DOT should just give up on doing anything within this corridor.
I believe a few years ago they were studying that condor but stop due to funding so it is clear that the DOT will not give up

GeekJedi

Quote from: SEWIGuy on September 10, 2021, 08:54:43 AM

I have an office in Onalaska, so I spend a lot of time up there. I can see why not many people want it. It's not very difficult or time-consuming to go N-S on any of those corridors now and, as someone mentioned, there's not a lot of room to expand Losey Blvd (though it could stand to get an increase from 25MPH.

I usually go up WI 35 then over to WI 16 via St. James to River Valley to Gilette. Gets me across pretty quickly.
"Wisconsin - The Concurrency State!"

Why not make WI  27 into 61 and use that as a bypass for any through traffic. There is still US 14 of they want a US number route.
Corridor D doesn't look very feasible.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: 3467 on September 29, 2021, 08:28:24 PM
Why not make WI  27 into 61 and use that as a bypass for any through traffic. There is still US 14 of they want a US number route.
Corridor D doesn't look very feasible.

Because the issue isn't through traffic. It's traffic between LaCrosse and Onalaska.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.