News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Buc-ees outside of Texas.

Started by roadman65, June 07, 2019, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afguy

edwaleni

There are a couple of Bucc-ee's clones attempting to get a foothold in the midwest and they are trying to head them off.

Ricky Rockets and Wally's have been duplicating the beaver's format, so I am not surprised they are making the moves up north.

Dough4872

I wonder when Buc-ees will come to Pennsylvania. The closest planned ones as of now are in Ohio and Virginia.

thenetwork

Quote from: Dough4872 on August 18, 2023, 10:28:09 PM
I wonder when Buc-ees will come to Pennsylvania. The closest planned ones as of now are in Ohio and Virginia.

I would ROFL if I ever heard Buc-ees was coming to Breezewood.

HighwayStar

Hopefully never. Those things are tourist trap eyesores.
There are those who travel, and those who travel well

Rothman

Quote from: HighwayStar on September 06, 2023, 07:37:43 PM

Wait...HighwayStar and I actually agree on something?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

JREwing78

So, totally appropriate for Breezewood!  :-D :spin: :pan:

SkyPesos

Buc-ees should open locations at the following 4 points on I-70:

- Cove Fort
- Limon
- Breezewood
- Baltimore Beltway

:bigass:

HighwayStar

Quote from: Rothman on September 06, 2023, 08:01:11 PM

Wait...HighwayStar and I actually agree on something?

Indeed we do. I'm glad we have found our common ground.  :nod:
There are those who travel, and those who travel well

JREwing78

Scott5114

One of the linked articles reports on some Buc-ee's fans indulging in a particularly lame display of blatant Texism: Buc-ee's fans share what states 'deserve' the Texas super gas station

"Let's be honest.. EVERY state NEEDS a Buc-ee's!!" Marie said in the post.

Not too many folks were on board with her statement, and I think we all know what state Texans don't think deserves a Buc-ee's.

"Except California. California turns things to sh*t," Dayna Monceuax said in the comments. Tim Koah added another state to the conversation, "California and New York don't deserve one."

Dave Wiegand said, "Let's be honest, some states don't deserve a Buc-ee's...Texas company, Texas VALUES."

Give me a fuckin' break, it's a gas station, y'all.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Bruce

Wouldn't mind a few mega fuel+food stops in the Northwest, seeing as the few truck/travel centers we do have are dingy and overcrowded. Build some EV chargers and it's an instant winner.

Jim

Quote from: Bruce on September 07, 2023, 06:52:02 PM
Wouldn't mind a few mega fuel+food stops in the Northwest, seeing as the few truck/travel centers we do have are dingy and overcrowded. Build some EV chargers and it's an instant winner.

The only Buc-ees I've been to so far (and been to about 8 times now) is Florence, SC.  They had a large row of charging stations.
Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Max Rockatansky

Ramon Montelongo is the hero we need and deserve.

Hunty2022

There is a planned location off of I-81 in Rockingham County, VA.

It's supposed to open around 2025.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

formulanone

MATraveler128

Quote from: Jim on September 07, 2023, 08:40:35 PM

The only Buc-ees I've been to so far (and been to about 8 times now) is Florence, SC.  They had a large row of charging stations.

I recently visited the Buc-ee's in Kodak, TN and Leeds, AL and I feel like they really need to open a few in North Carolina. I personally don't see them coming to the Northeast.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

afguy

Buc-ee's is opening their first Missouri store in Springfield on Dec 11th. According to this article they are looking at opening more in state and the I-55 corridor near St. Louis has been specifically mentioned. I could see a store in Festus.

Buc-ee's isn't stopping at 1 Missouri store. Is St. Louis next?

QuoteKnown for its giant convenience stores, the company — which said Monday it will open its first store in the state next month in Springfield, Missouri — is actively looking at real estate in the St. Louis and Kansas City regions, as well as "parts in between," Director of Real Estate Stan Beard said.

The Lake Jackson, Texas-based chain is specifically interested in building a store off Interstate 55 near St. Louis, he said in an interview. "Missouri probably has one or two more stores in it for us," Beard said. "We'll have some sites around you soon enough." Its expansion plans in Missouri won't be deterred by the moves of Wally's, a similar chain of giant-sized travel centers, Beard said.

"We're pretty certain we're the best in the business," he said. "So, we're going to go wherever we think we fit the best."

Wally's — whose first location debuted in Pontiac, Illinois, in 2020 — opened its first St. Louis-area store off Interstate 44 at 950 Assembly Parkway in Fenton in March 2022. The company is building a third location in Whitestown, Indiana, and last week said it would open in the Kansas City region with a store in Independence, Missouri.

In scouting potential locations, Buc-ee's looks for sites along freeways that are "well-traveled" by cars, as its travel centers are part of road trips and not truck stops, Beard said.

"Our typical customer comes from over 100 miles from the store," he said. "We're not a local convenience store at all. Most of our customers know they're going to stop at Buc-ee's before they ever get in their car to go wherever it is they're going."

The company has invested around $40 million in building its first Missouri store, at 3284 N. Mulroy Road just off Interstate 44 in Springfield, set to have its grand opening Dec. 11.
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2023/11/14/bucees-expansion-plans-more-stores-missouri.html

roadman65

And Breezewood is the perfect place.😂
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

rlb2024

Quote from: BlueOutback7 on September 07, 2023, 11:01:21 PM

I recently visited the Buc-ee's in Kodak, TN and Leeds, AL and I feel like they really need to open a few in North Carolina. I personally don't see them coming to the Northeast.
They tried to build one in Mebane, NC a couple of years ago but were shot down by local opposition.  Don't know that they will look at NC for a while with so many other locales in the works.

sprjus4

Quote from: rlb2024 on November 20, 2023, 12:51:09 PM

They tried to build one in Mebane, NC a couple of years ago but were shot down by local opposition.  Don't know that they will look at NC for a while with so many other locales in the works.
I think you're mixing this up. They tried to build one in Efland a few years ago that got shot down due to local opposition. The proposal at Mebane is only a few months old, and is the next attempt by Buc-ee's to get a store built on that I-40 / I-85 overlap between Greensboro and Durham.

roadman65

On my last post, if Bucees did open a store in Breezewood, the other food outlets  and gas stations will go out of business for sure.

In a perfect world, that would suit a lot of Breezewood haters on this forum real well to have them compete for their livelihoods if a Bucees did open there.

However, in reality, I think all the businesses would rise up and try to get them out before they even consider building.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

rlb2024

Quote from: sprjus4 on November 21, 2023, 12:28:09 AM

I think you're mixing this up. They tried to build one in Efland a few years ago that got shot down due to local opposition. The proposal at Mebane is only a few months old, and is the next attempt by Buc-ee's to get a store built on that I-40 / I-85 overlap between Greensboro and Durham.
Gotcha.  Thanks for the correction.  The Mebane area would be a good location for one.

planxtymcgillicuddy

Quote from: rlb2024 on November 21, 2023, 12:04:09 PM
Quote from: sprjus4 on November 21, 2023, 12:28:09 AM

Gotcha.  Thanks for the correction.  The Mebane area would be a good location for one.

Mebane is a no-go as well: https://abc11.com/buc-ees-mebane-zoning-planning-board-vote/14173246/
It's easy to be easy when you're easy...

Quote from: on_wisconsin on November 27, 2021, 02:39:12 PM
Whats a Limon, and does it go well with gin?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.