News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I hate this song!

Started by allniter89, October 05, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

I didn't care for Grace Under Pressure, Hold Your Fire or Power Windows at all. The next four studio albums (Presto, Roll The Bones, Counterparts and Test For Echo) were much, much better. I've also enjoyed the most recent three (Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels).

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: NE2 on October 05, 2014, 09:19:39 AM
Kyle's Mom---Eric Cartman

No way, man- that song is GOLD.

I'm tired of that song by that one jackass who keeps telling me to say Geronimo.  STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO, RADIO  :crazy:
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 384/425. Only 41 route markers remain!

US 41

There are a lot of people that probably hate this song now.  :bigass: 
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

OracleUsr

Grace Under Pressure was the first CD I bought for my stereo CD player.  I liked it, personally.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

Duke87

Grace Under Pressure is an album I neither love nor hate. It just sort of is. It is rather overshadowed by the albums that came immediately before and after it, though.
The only Rush album I have a generally negative opinion of is Caress of Steel. It's a good opening track and then 40 minutes of mostly crap (Lakeside Park is alright, I guess).

For a couple of my own contributions:

- Dream Theater's newest work. Losing Mike Portnoy pretty much ripped the band's soul out. A Dramatic Turn of Events was actually a pretty good album in spite of this, but the two albums they've released since then are largely flat and tedious.

- likewise for Train. They peaked with For Me It's You. Bulletproof Picasso is 12 tracks of super-generic pop with little to no artistic value.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

dvferyance

Simple answer shake it off by Taylor Swift that may be the worst song of all time.

LM117

I can't seem to get away from One Direction. "What Makes You Beautiful" was playing in Walmart. When I went to Food Lion later that day, the same damn song was playing again.

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

74/171FAN

Quote from: LM117 on June 03, 2016, 07:53:55 PM
I can't seem to get away from One Direction. "What Makes You Beautiful" was playing in Walmart. When I went to Food Lion later that day, the same damn song was playing again.

I think "One Thing" more annoys me as I can easily catch myself singing to it and regretting it afterwards.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

kurumi

Sounds like you all need some cake by the ocean
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

sparker

May he R.I.P, but one artist I never could abide was Dan Fogelberg -- he seemed to alternate between overly sweet and overly whiny (didn't much care for his duets with Tim Weisberg either).  On another note, an artist that I'd never have in my music collection would be Eddie Money -- back in the early '80's, I came awfully close to getting in a fight with the guy in the "1232" bar on North Grant in North Beach, S.F. (on top of the fact that I found his music a tad derivative!).  Good old days long gone! 

TheHighwayMan3561

One song that I keep running into lately that I wish would go away is "True" from Spandau Ballet. Ugh.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

74/171FAN

Quote from: kurumi on June 04, 2016, 05:46:08 PM
Sounds like you all need some cake by the ocean

I am unsure how I feel about the Jonas Brothers being relevant in 2016.  (Nick and Joe anyway, I still do not understand the band name DNCE.)  I will say though that the more I hear Nick's "Close" (a duet with Tove Lo), the more the line "Space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too close" more annoys me.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

cpzilliacus

Boz Scaggs "Lowdown" (1976) was run into the ground (and IMO not a very  good track to start with).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

sparker

Yeah, Lowdown was a bit trite...but Boz hit it out of the park with Lido Shuffle.  Chock full of tasty riffs.  Easily his best work!

c172

Pompeii, by Bastille gets on my last nerve.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: c172 on July 01, 2016, 06:56:30 PM
Pompeii, by Bastille gets on my last nerve.

*sings*
EGG, EGG YOLKS. EGG YOLKS.

roadman65

Blinded by the Light from ManFred Mann.  It gets played everyday at least three times on the local Rock station here, and it was played out even back in NJ when WNEW, WXRK, and WPLJ (when they were rock).

Funny thing is their is a shorten version made for the 45 records is played in Oklahoma and Kansas and sounds not so bad.  It plays both verses of the song, and leaves out the tempo change where the song goes slow and does all that mama crap.  To me its just added lines that really does not need to be, as the song is a cover of a Bruce Springsteen song in where he does not feature that slow part and singing to his mama like ManFred Mann does.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bandit957

Quote from: 1 on October 05, 2014, 06:15:27 PM
Do commercials that have singing in them count as songs? Some of those would qualify.

I hated hated hated hated hated hated the "Always Coca-Cola" radio commercial of the mid-'90s. Yet somehow this commercial made the nightly top 10 request countdown on a local station.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bandit957

Quote from: thenetwork on October 09, 2014, 09:02:56 AM
Agreed, although I want to say that it took until 1985 to make the transition.  It was around this time that radio station formats splintered into more specific formats, the last of the AM giants that had played top-40 music were pretty much dead, everybody (the the radio stations would play, at least) had to sound like Madonna or Prince, and music was becoming more and more synthesized.  IMHO, there weren't as many songs I really cared about or wanted to buy after 1985, and by the early 90's, there may be only one or two songs I really liked from each year.

Cincinnati still had an AM top 40 until 1987 (WCLU). But it was a tiny daytime-only station where records skipped all the time.

Desert Man

What about the song with the lyrics "I know" said 20 times in a row? UGH! That's annoying. xD Want me to find it on Youtube and post it here?
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

bandit957

Quote from: Desert Man on July 10, 2016, 08:43:51 AM
What about the song with the lyrics "I know" said 20 times in a row? UGH! That's annoying. xD Want me to find it on Youtube and post it here?

Wasn't this Bill Withers?

OracleUsr

Quote from: bandit957 on July 10, 2016, 11:59:21 AM
Quote from: Desert Man on July 10, 2016, 08:43:51 AM

Wasn't this Bill Withers?

Yep, the song was "Ain't no Sunshine"
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

paulthemapguy

And Bill Withers' other song where he says "Lovely Day" about 70 times.  I had no idea he was even saying "Lovely Day," either until someone told me what he was even frickin saying.  All I could distinguish was "blah badee.  Blah badee." repeat 32 times

7/8

I personally dislike the song "Lookin' Out for #1" by BTO. They play it a fair bit here, since (35%?) of music on Canadian radio stations has to be Canadian.

I like some of their other songs too, but not this one!

kurumi

Quote from: 7/8 on July 12, 2016, 01:07:01 PM
I personally dislike the song "Lookin' Out for #1" by BTO. They play it a fair bit here, since (35%?) of music on Canadian radio stations has to be Canadian.

They should mix in more Rush (there are a bunch of songs in 7/8 time)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.