News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Sports / Re: General NBA thread
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 03:45:00 PM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on Today at 03:42:59 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on Today at 03:12:18 PM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on Today at 03:02:42 PM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on Today at 02:46:34 PM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on Today at 02:35:57 PMFun fact about playoff scheduling:

The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend always has a Western Conference Finals game, never Eastern, because there are two cities with Eastern Conference teams where it would be virtually impossible to hold games that day.

I don't know about Charlotte, but the Indy 500 and a Pacers playoff game has happened on the same day multiple times.

I'd have to look it up, but my memory of their appearances in the EC Finals is that their games were on Saturday/Monday, not on Sunday.

I think it is honestly a nonissue.  The Pacers would theoretically not play until the Indy 500 is long over, and Charlotte Motor Speedway is well northeast of Uptown Charlotte.

I can't speak to Charlotte, but playing even an evening game in Indy would absolutely be a huge issue. 400,000 people go to the Indy 500, many of them are staying downtown.

It's okay. The Hornets never make the playoffs anyway.  :-P
Last post by NWI_Irish96 - Today at 03:42:59 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on Today at 03:12:18 PM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on Today at 02:35:57 PMFun fact about playoff scheduling:

The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend always has a Western Conference Finals game, never Eastern, because there are two cities with Eastern Conference teams where it would be virtually impossible to hold games that day.

I don't know about Charlotte, but the Indy 500 and a Pacers playoff game has happened on the same day multiple times.

I'd have to look it up, but my memory of their appearances in the EC Finals is that their games were on Saturday/Monday, not on Sunday.

I think it is honestly a nonissue.  The Pacers would theoretically not play until the Indy 500 is long over, and Charlotte Motor Speedway is well northeast of Uptown Charlotte.

I can't speak to Charlotte, but playing even an evening game in Indy would absolutely be a huge issue. 400,000 people go to the Indy 500, many of them are staying downtown.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Delaware
Last post by Alex4897 - Today at 03:28:45 PM
Quote from: Dough4872 on Today at 02:59:52 PMNotice the traffic light sign blade along US 9/DE 404 is signed "to DE 1D/DE 23" implying DE 1D and DE 23 end at the roundabout.

DE 1D and 23 both ended at each other at the stop sign the roundabout replaced anyway, that connector to US 9 doesn't seem to have ever had a designation.

From 2012:

International Highways / Re: New Zealand Road Projects
Last post by Chris - Today at 03:26:25 PM
The original Roads of National Significance (RoNS) projects was launched in 2009. This included some of the largest road upgrades in New Zealand in decades:

SH 1: Puhoi - Wellsford (Auckland Northern Motorway)
    SH 16/SH 18/SH 20: Western Ring Route, Auckland (Waterview Connection)
    SH 1: Victoria Park Tunnel in Auckland
    SH 1: Waikato Expressway
    SH 2: Tauranga Eastern Link
    SH 1: Wellington Northern Corridor (Transmission Gully Motorway, Kapiti Expressway)
    SH 1/SH 73/SH 74: Christchurch Motorways

These are now completed.

The Waikato Expressway in particular was the first longer distance expressways in New Zealand, and the first two link two separate cities not part of the same metro area (Auckland and Hamilton).

The second round of projects announced recently appears to be of a smaller scale.
Mid-South / Re: I-10 expansion between San...
Last post by Chris - Today at 03:21:54 PM
Huge distribution centers are popping up along I-10 west of Houston. It's not surprising that truck traffic will surge with developments of this scale.

Ross Stores opened a mega distribution center, a rough estimate puts it at around 3,000 parking spots for trucks/trailers. Their employee parking is probably over 1,500 spots. They say that it is now the largest employer in Waller County.

Also, Fulshear was named the 11th largest gaining city in the country from 2022 to 2023. It's located west of Houston in the same area.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2024/subcounty-population-estimates.html
Mid-South / Re: Pelican Island Causeway hi...
Last post by Chris - Today at 03:16:28 PM
The railroad span was already collapsed for a long time, on Google Earth historical imagery you can see it collapsed way back in 2004.
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 03:12:18 PM

Last post by NWI_Irish96 - Today at 03:02:42 PM

Mid-Atlantic / Re: Delaware
Last post by Dough4872 - Today at 02:59:52 PM
https://www.capegazette.com/article/after-six-month-closure-deldot-opens-roundabout/275449 Here is a news story about the connector road between US 9/DE 404 and the DE 1D/DE 23 roundabout opening. Notice the traffic light sign blade along US 9/DE 404 is signed "to DE 1D/DE 23" implying DE 1D and DE 23 end at the roundabout. Also at the roundabout the connector road is signed "To US 9/DE 404/DE 1".
Last post by SEWIGuy - Today at 02:46:34 PM

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.