News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

States you've visited as an adult (2015 edition)

Started by ZLoth, April 03, 2015, 10:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Quote from: The High Plains Traveler on May 11, 2015, 06:18:02 PM
Lived in California, New Mexico, Minnesota, Colorado.

Visited all states except Alaska. My "visit" to Delaware is a little weak, having ridden through on a bus. I've driven in all the others.

Even if you drove, if you did it on I-95 or I-95/I-495 or I-95/I-295, it does not take long to cross the First State by any of those (the I-95/I-295 route being the shortest and fastest).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

slorydn1

Since the thread was about states visited during our adult years I had to go back and look at my counties visited map: http://www.mob-rule.com/user-gifs/slorydn1.gif

I turned 18 in 1987 so I was concentrating on the orange and yellow blocks and although I can't say I have been to every one of those counties since turning 18 I can say that I have been to every one of those states again since then.

Since turning 18 I have lived in:
1) FL
2) IL
3) NC

I have visited:
4) DC
5) DE
6) GA
7) IA
8) IL
9) IN
10) KY
11) MD
13) MI
14) MO
15) NJ
16) NM
17) NY
18) OH
19) OK
20) PA
21) SC
22) TN
23) TX
24) VA
25) WI

The green spots in MI (Ottawa County and Kalamazoo County) and NY (Suffolk County) were places I lived as a child so as an adult I had only visited those areas.

Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

KG909

Quote from: Pete from Boston on May 11, 2015, 10:11:07 AM

Quote from: KG909 on April 04, 2015, 12:13:57 PM
Not an adult YET, but in my 18th birthday I'm going to do a road trip with friends. In order we're going to Arizona (first time as an adult), New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee. Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland,  Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona. Then it ends in CA.

Sounds like one hell of a day.
Ikr, driving 500 mph will be fun
~Fuccboi

catch22

38 on my list:

MI (home state all my life), WA, CA, AZ, NV, WY, CO, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, MN, IA, MO, AR, WI, IL, IN, OH, KY, TN, MS, FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, WV, MD, PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, NH, VE, ME.

For extra credit, the District of Columbia and the provinces of Ontario and Quebec.

doorknob60

I'm gonna push back that 18 to around 16-17, because I can.

Excuse my terrible Paint skills.

If we push it back to my entire life, you can make WA blue, and make British Columbia (not pictured) green. If you make it 18, take away MT, WY, NV and NY.

noelbotevera

Not an adult, but here are the states my family visited (after 2004, when I was born)

North Carolina
Delaware
Pennsylvania
Connecticut
New York
New Jersey
Maryland
Virginia
D.C. (does it count for this topic)
South Carolina
Rhode Island
Massachusetts
Washington (state) (my dad went here)
West Virginia (technically)

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

JamesT456

Since I turned 18 I visited.

Illinois
Wisconsin
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan
Georgia
South Carolina
North Carolina
Maryland
Virginia
D.C.(Does this Count???)

James T.
Driving up & down the Roads most days on the Interstates.

Desert Man

I've visited NV, UT, AZ, NM, CO (Denver int'l Airport), north part of TX, OK and adjacent parts of KS, MO and AR. Internationally, I been to France twice, Belgium, the Netherlands border and across the English channel to a part of England (County Kent). Mainly they were family-related trips, while my visit to Mexico (Pto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo) in summer 2008 cruise trip was for pleasure. Also I been to Mexicali on the US-Mexican border.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Bruce

Since I only just turned 18, I can only say one:

Washington

No near-term plans to visit any other state since they're so far away.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.