News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

GaryV

Quote from: algorerhythms on January 18, 2023, 08:43:42 PM
I'd rather read a site run by a crockpot.
That's so old school. InstaPot is the way to go.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 19, 2023, 12:30:31 AM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 11:05:45 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 18, 2023, 11:01:55 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 10:52:41 PM
Sorry, it's just hard to take seriously people who claim that photons experience the entire history of the universe in an instant and space contracts to 0 distance for them only, and that light waves will always be perceived as traveling 670 Million Mph no matter how fast you are going, simply because they are moving at the speed of light. PseudoPhysics at its finest.

@Scott which book, I went back a page and didn't see any. Which post? I am interested.

Do you know what irony is?  You, the helicopter grapple hook guy really isn't in a strong position to define pseudo-anything.

Using grappling hook/EM cables on helicopters to rescue trucks, is nowhere near the same as saying time passes differently for the truck and the helicopter. That's way more far out in my opinion.

And yet the physics people have proof theirs works, and you don't.

What proof? I've already established that atomic clocks aren't actually accurate to the degree needed to prove it.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 19, 2023, 11:45:12 AM
Sorry, it's just hard to take seriously people who claim that photons experience the entire history of the universe in an instant and space contracts to 0 distance for them only, and that light waves will always be perceived as traveling 670 Million Mph no matter how fast you are going, simply because they are moving at the speed of light. PseudoPhysics at its finest.

@Scott which book, I went back a page and didn't see any. Which post? I am interested.

Do you know what irony is?  You, the helicopter grapple hook guy really isn't in a strong position to define pseudo-anything.

Using grappling hook/EM cables on helicopters to rescue trucks, is nowhere near the same as saying time passes differently for the truck and the helicopter. That's way more far out in my opinion.

What proof? I've already established that atomic clocks aren't actually accurate to the degree needed to prove it.

No you haven't.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kalvado

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 19, 2023, 11:45:12 AM

Do you use GPS? Do you believe GPS actually exist?

kalvado

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 19, 2023, 03:36:30 PM
GPS has nothing to do with atomic clocks LMAO
GPS is actually an atomic clock, some interesting math, and little else.  Satellites transmit synchronized atomic clock timing signal and receiver measures propagation delays in them.
https://www.gps.gov/applications/timing/
QuoteEach GPS satellite contains multiple atomic clocks that contribute very precise time data to the GPS signals.

PS - and those orbital  clocks are adjusted to.... drums, please!.... time dilation, both fro special relativity and general relativity effects for satellites up there.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: kalvado on January 19, 2023, 03:42:51 PM
GPS is actually an atomic clock, some interesting math, and little else.  Satellites transmit synchronized atomic clock timing signal and receiver measures propagation delays in them.
QuoteEach GPS satellite contains multiple atomic clocks that contribute very precise time data to the GPS signals.

PS - and those orbital  clocks are adjusted to.... drums, please!.... time dilation, both fro special relativity and general relativity effects for satellites up there.

Why would you need atomic clocks for that? I don't need to know that I will arrive at my destination in 2 hours 17 minutes and 3.8159193527 seconds..

And using relativity to justify needing atomic clocks, while saying atomic clocks prove special relativity is a bit circular reasoning don't you think?

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 19, 2023, 04:09:05 PM

Why would you need atomic clocks for that? I don't need to know that I will arrive at my destination in 2 hours 17 minutes and 3.8159193527 seconds..

A little more knowing what you're talking about before spouting an opinion about it is definitely recommended!

This is like saying "I don't know why my computer would need to store data in binary, I can't understand it" or "I don't know why my car would need a tank full of gas, I can't drink it".

kalvado

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 19, 2023, 04:22:59 PM

A little more knowing what you're talking about before spouting an opinion about it is definitely recommended!

This is like saying "I don't know why my computer would need to store data in binary, I can't understand it" or "I don't know why my car would need a tank full of gas, I can't drink it".
And should be really believe MMM graduated from the college after all this?  He (she?) acts more like a teen to me...

Scott5114

Quote from: kalvado on January 19, 2023, 04:39:29 PM

And should be really believe MMM graduated from the college after all this?  He (she?) acts more like a teen to me...

If he did, he should see if they have a refund policy, because he clearly didn't learn anything from it.

kalvado

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 19, 2023, 04:40:07 PM

If he did, he should see if they have a refund policy, because he clearly didn't learn anything from it.
I thought free tuition was mentioned at some point... You get what you pay for?

hotdogPi

He (she?)

Definitely a he.

(changed link to different post about 1 1/2 minutes after initially posting something here)
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kalvado on January 19, 2023, 04:41:38 PM

Yes, he did receive free tuition.  This entire thread is a case study for how a college degree doesn't necessarily impart actual wisdom.

kalvado

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 19, 2023, 04:43:54 PM
Quote from: kalvado on January 19, 2023, 04:41:38 PM

Yes, he did receive free tuition.  This entire thread is a case study for how a college degree doesn't necessarily impart actual wisdom.
As George Washington mentioned a few times, people are never writing  anything but truth on internet forums...

kalvado

Quote from: 1 on January 19, 2023, 04:43:25 PM
He (she?)

Definitely a he.

(changed link to different post about 1 1/2 minutes after initially posting something here)
original link was more hilarious, though

roadman65

Why is MMM so surprising to us?
He isn't the first one to demonstrate odd behavior on here.

True he is the first of his kind. But not unique though.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kalvado

Quote from: roadman65 on January 19, 2023, 05:04:39 PM

Let him who is without sin of odd behavior cast the first stone!

MultiMillionMiler

I will put this simply. There is 0 evidence that time dilation exists, nor is there any physical explanation of why that might be or should be hypothetically true.

My major was Psychology, not Physics. But even the average person knows that anything involving time travel or time "stretching and squeezing" is a scam.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: roadman65 on January 19, 2023, 05:04:39 PM

No offense, but this is coming from the guy who wanted to make the LIE in Queens Interstate 180  :-D :-D :-D

roadman65

Well MMM is not the first one on here to be in college to only go to living at home.   

I'm sure even off this forum you get college grads sitting at home and not working.

Yes his ideas are in Rod Serlings Twilight Zone ( just like the algorithm that tried to misspell Serling's name) and is become twice as annoying as that Diesel Mechanic from 2020, but to be in the school to couch is more common than you think.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 19, 2023, 05:13:53 PM
I will put this simply. There is 0 evidence that time dilation exists, nor is there any physical explanation of why that might be or should be hypothetically true.

I will put this simply. There is plenty of evidence that it exists. You are not smart enough to understand it, and not smart enough to understand why you don't understand it.

Scott5114

This thread has become so full of nonsense, there's only one way to handle it.

kalvado

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 19, 2023, 05:29:33 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 19, 2023, 05:13:53 PM

I will put this simply. There is plenty of evidence that it exists. You are not smart enough to understand it, and not smart enough to understand why you don't understand it.
Frankly speaking, not much in our normal lives to require v2/c2 corrections. Energy, of course, is - but that is part of classic mechanics. Delayed EM potentials require pretty of math and again described classically.
Something like muon decay is a great experiment - but did you ever worked with muons? I didn't; and I saw a lot of uncommon stuff in my life.

Same as someone who never leaves their hometown - not more than 10-20 miles -  may assume that Earth is flat and that wouldn't really impact anything they do 

kalvado

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 19, 2023, 05:44:01 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on January 19, 2023, 05:22:52 PM
Well MMM is not the first one on here to be in college to only go to living at home.   

I'm sure even off this forum you get college grads sitting at home and not working.

Yes his ideas are in Rod Serlings Twilight Zone ( just like the algorithm that tried to misspell Serling's name) and is become twice as annoying as that Diesel Mechanic from 2020, but to be in the school to couch is more common than you think.

But maybe having around $45,000 in savings with $70-$75 monthly interest isn't as common in most people of that calibr.  ;-)
I feel your for your poverty, believe me.. That's not even a downpayment for the house!

Scott5114

The tenth Grand Alan was Alan Register (J-FX). Register inherited an office in disarray from his scandal-ridden predecessor, Alan Bannister. Bannister had become morose at the failure of his much-vaunted ALANCAN system, and as a result allowed the powers and duties and houseplants of the office to atrophy over the waning years of his term. The election of Register was seen as an all-but-inevitable necessity to bring new life and vitality to the office.

Register is actually quite unusual amongst the Grand Alans, as he is the only one to have served in the Dominant Parliament before taking office as Grand Alan. Most young men bestowed the name of Alan do not participate in the 3.14 Houses of Parliament at all, given that they can simply be elected as Grand Alan more or less whenever. Register, however, served capably and competently as Dominator for a good number of years before seeking the Alancy. Register made the case for his candidacy in that after the divisive Bannister administration, none could truly embody the unity of the 3.14 parliaments without having served as a member of one. He was elected in a landslide under his banner of "He Knows Where The Light Switches Are", which was seen as a much stronger slogan than Bannister's "You Can't Make Me Get Out Of Bed".

Register's first act upon taking office was to order the inside and outside of all federal buildings, bridges, and national parks painted a shade known as "Tasteful Beige". In order to avoid the "pitiful display" of another effortless campaign like Bannister's, the crime of political woosterism was codified, and an amendment to the Alanland Constitution requiring the purchase and wearing of a fish hat while campaigning for public office was enacted. (Initially, the fish hats were required to be Tasteful Beige as well, but this was quickly dropped by act of the Introspective Parliament after nine days, mostly because the Introspective Warbler at the time said beige made his hair look too provocative.)

Register was adamant that he would have the most uneventful administration of any Grand Alan. This extended to the point that he made the rounds in Quindaro Hall, terminating any federal employee that looked like they might be doing something interesting. Nevertheless, some incremental reforms did take place during Register's term of office, like standardizing the ratio of croutons to salad, regulations on fast-drying paint, establishing procedures for the sorting and storage of socks, and establishing the standard six minute, thirty-three second minimum hold time before one is allowed to speak to a customer service representative.

Despite Register's best efforts, and his skill as a negotiator in the Dominant Parliament, one intractable foreign policy issue did rise to the fore during his term. A group of federal fence painters in Porshaped Oblast were alleged by the Nimbyan Government to have carelessly applied some amount of Tasteful Beige paint to a structure on the Nimbyan side of the border. The Nimbyans allege that it was "way the hell too much" paint, while the Alanlanders contend it was only a few drips. The Proctor of Nimbya's stern directive to Quindaro to "Keep that ugly beige shit out of our Nimbya" rankled more than a few feathers among top administration staff. This touched off a protracted period of tensions with the neighboring country. The Register administration was happy to field questions regarding the possibility of military intervention, responding to them with forceful rhetoric like "You asked about that yesterday." This culminated in a speech given by Alan Register himself, best known for the quote, "What makes you think we're at war with Nimbya? That wouldn't be very interesting."

Alan Register was many things, but his story has been mostly forgotten by the populace. It is shame that all but the most weighty tomes of Alanland history gloss over his term of office–it's crucial to the understanding of the modern day situation.

Max Rockatansky

^^^

I've been hankering for a trip Eureka.  I just don't know if the international border on I-60 is open to peasants like me.

Quote from: kalvado on January 19, 2023, 06:04:50 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 19, 2023, 05:44:01 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on January 19, 2023, 05:22:52 PM

But maybe having around $45,000 in savings with $70-$75 monthly interest isn't as common in most people of that calibr.  ;-)
I feel your for your poverty, believe me.. That's not even a downpayment for the house!

Not on Long Island.  I know lots of places around me where that will get you pretty far into a mortgage.  Brand name cities and urban areas come with brand name housing prices. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.