The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 18, 2023, 06:56:25 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 06:45:15 PM
1. No physical units of time exist less than microseconds

How long does it take light to travel one mile?

According to light's perspective, 0 time, that's what so stupid about it. According to their theories, the lights path through the universe contracts to 0 so it doesn't take any time to Traverse it. So that means light is much less of a multimillionmiler than I am since it never goes anywhere in 0 time. It's pure comedy. But even if time was normal, that's still only one one hundred and 86 thousanth of a second, not a million of a second!

algorerhythms

The only legitimate system of units is God's own system: atomic units. The speed of light is 137.

kalvado

Quote from: algorerhythms on January 18, 2023, 07:58:56 PM
The only legitimate system of units is God's own system: atomic units. The speed of light is 137.
I always thought c=1 though...

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 07:38:36 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on January 18, 2023, 06:56:25 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 06:45:15 PM
1. No physical units of time exist less than microseconds

How long does it take light to travel one mile?

According to light's perspective, 0 time, that's what so stupid about it. According to their theories, the lights path through the universe contracts to 0 so it doesn't take any time to Traverse it. So that means light is much less of a multimillionmiler than I am since it never goes anywhere in 0 time. It's pure comedy. But even if time was normal, that's still only one one hundred and 86 thousanth of a second, not a million of a second!

Light doesn't have a perspective, though.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hotdogPi

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 18, 2023, 08:13:51 PM
it never goes anywhere in 0 time.

Read carefully what MMM just did here.

[fake purple text] Don't explode the universe or you'll be banned. [/fake purple text]
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Scott5114

Quote from: 1 on January 18, 2023, 08:16:13 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on January 18, 2023, 08:13:51 PM
it never goes anywhere in 0 time.

Read carefully what MMM just did here.

Commandeer my brain, apparently. ;)

MultiMillionMiler

http://www.alternativephysics.org/book/TimeDilation.htm

Here's a clear and concise explanations of why it is BS. Some of the points are exactly what I said as well.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 08:17:44 PM

Here's a clear and concise explanations of why it is BS. Some of the points are exactly what I said as well.

Elsewhere on that site he whines about how a physics forum dismissed his site as being run by a crackpot.

I'm going to do the same thing. That guy's a crackpot.

Now he's been dismissed by a road forum, too!

algorerhythms

I'd rather read a site run by a crockpot.

kalvado

Quote from: algorerhythms on January 18, 2023, 08:43:42 PM
Beware of what you want, you may get it!
https://hackaday.com/2017/04/22/the-internet-of-rice-cookers/

And I certainly have a web site ran by a smart outlet right here on my desk.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: algorerhythms on January 18, 2023, 08:43:42 PM

Careful, those have been known to kill the patriarchs of TV families. 

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 18, 2023, 08:28:32 PM

Elsewhere on that site he whines about how a physics forum dismissed his site as being run by a crackpot.

But can you refute his reasoning. Either its constant velocity that causes time dilation or acceleration, you can't have it both ways or ignore the mathematical contradictions. You have to admit, the only reason it's called "special relativity" is because whoever came up with it must have thought they were really special.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 09:56:10 PM

But can you refute his reasoning.

Yeah, I already recommended a book to you. I can't make you read it, apparently.

You have to admit

I don't have to do shit

the only reason it's called "special relativity" is because whoever came up with it must have thought they were really special.

MultiMillionMiler

LOL he even looks like a conman!

kalvado

But can you refute his reasoning. Either its constant velocity that causes time dilation or acceleration, you can't have it both ways or ignore the mathematical contradictions. You have to admit, the only reason it's called "special relativity" is because whoever came up with it must have thought they were really special.
Wow, you are probably only 10 000 000 000th person to come up with those questions in past 100 years! Must feel really special....

US 89

You're just sad your ideas haven't been recognized as "theories of extraordinary beauty", unlike Einstein's theory of general relativity. Of which "special relativity" is a special case where you can simplify some of the math. I'm not going to pretend I understand relativity, nor do I really need to (I only ever deal with large-scale motions for which classical mechanics works just fine) but I'll trust the word of actual experts in the field over the word of some guy on the internet.

MultiMillionMiler

Sorry, it's just hard to take seriously people who claim that photons experience the entire history of the universe in an instant and space contracts to 0 distance for them only, and that light waves will always be perceived as traveling 670 Million Mph no matter how fast you are going, simply because they are moving at the speed of light. PseudoPhysics at its finest.

@Scott which book, I went back a page and didn't see any. Which post? I am interested.

Scott5114

The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

I'm still not an array.

MultiMillionMiler

And for the record, I do understand some of the math in physics that isn't a scam. For example, the reason that the force of gravity recedes as a square function of distance is because in a 3 dimensional universe, the space that the gravitational field lines have to spread out is a function of the surface area of the object, which is a square function. In a 2d universe, the circumference ratio of the perimeter of an object, gravity would recede as a function of distance and not the square of the distance, since there is no square in calculating the circumference of a circle. In a 1d universe, there is no room for field lines to spread out, so gravity force would not diminish with distance. Likewise in a 4d universe, gravity would diminish as a function of the cube of the distance, always one dimension less than the universe itself. This math makes sense, and would explain physically why each effect would happen. Time dilation equation does nothing of the sort. It uses an erroneous assumption that all motion through space and time must sum to the speed of light (whatever that means, as if motion through time could be measured in the same way motion through space could) and then bases an equation on that with no physical explanation of why that must be the case.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 10:52:41 PM
Sorry, it's just hard to take seriously people who claim that photons experience the entire history of the universe in an instant and space contracts to 0 distance for them only, and that light waves will always be perceived as traveling 670 Million Mph no matter how fast you are going, simply because they are moving at the speed of light. PseudoPhysics at its finest.

@Scott which book, I went back a page and didn't see any. Which post? I am interested.

Do you know what irony is?  You, the helicopter grapple hook guy really isn't in a strong position to define pseudo-anything. 

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 18, 2023, 11:01:55 PM

Do you know what irony is?  You, the helicopter grapple hook guy really isn't in a strong position to define pseudo-anything.

Using grappling hook/EM cables on helicopters to rescue trucks, is nowhere near the same as saying time passes differently for the truck and the helicopter. That's way more far out in my opinion.

kalvado

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 10:59:08 PM
And for the record, I do understand some of the math in physics that isn't a scam. For example, the reason that the force of gravity recedes as a square function of distance is because in a 3 dimensional universe, the space that the gravitational field lines have to spread out is a function of the surface area of the object, which is a square function. In a 2d universe, the circumference ratio of the perimeter of an object, gravity would recede as a function of distance and not the square of the distance, since there is no square in calculating the circumference of a circle. In a 1d universe, there is no room for field lines to spread out, so gravity force would not diminish with distance. Likewise in a 4d universe, gravity would diminish as a function of the cube of the distance, always one dimension less than the universe itself. This math makes sense, and would explain physically why each effect would happen. Time dilation equation does nothing of the sort. It uses an erroneous assumption that all motion through space and time must sum to the speed of light (whatever that means, as if motion through time could be measured in the same way motion through space could) and then bases an equation on that with no physical explanation of why that must be the case.
Do you understand math behind Maxwell equations?

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 18, 2023, 11:05:45 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 18, 2023, 11:01:55 PM

Using grappling hook/EM cables on helicopters to rescue trucks, is nowhere near the same as saying time passes differently for the truck and the helicopter. That's way more far out in my opinion.

And yet the physics people have proof theirs works, and you don't.

kkt

You know, the established physicists of the early 20th century just hated their elegant, intuitive Newtonian model being replaced.  And they hated even more that this patent clerk's model was knocking down a bunch of unexplained observations for which they had no answers.

And yet, because they were scientists and not cranks on a bulletin board, they accepted it.

kalvado

Quote from: kkt on January 19, 2023, 12:50:18 AM
You know, the established physicists of the early 20th century just hated their elegant, intuitive Newtonian model being replaced.  And they hated even more that this patent clerk's model was knocking down a bunch of unexplained observations for which they had no answers.

And yet, because they were scientists and not cranks on a bulletin board, they accepted it.
Some didn't. "God doesn't play dice" as one looser did say back then being in denial of quantum mechanics.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.