Regional Boards > Northwest

Oregon

<< < (95/97) > >>

Bickendan:

--- Quote from: xonhulu on November 02, 2023, 09:10:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bickendan on November 02, 2023, 05:42:28 PM ---132 is an odd case, as it wasn't ever part of the ORH system being a Lane County highway that was only recently adopted by ODOT. It's one of the few Routes that doesn't have a Highway underpinning it (like how OR 8 west of OR 47 in Forest Grove doesn't).

--- End quote ---

At first, I thought "that couldn't be."  But I searched out this document:  https://www.oregon.gov/odot/planning/pages/jurisdictional-transfers.aspx

. . . and sure enough, no hwy # is listed for the Delta Hwy: it just says "Delta Hwy." 

But there was a jurisdictional transfer from Lane Co. to ODOT, so one would think it would have been assigned a highway #.  Seems like an odd bureaucratic oversight, unless ODOT just considers it a long off/on-ramp for either Beltline or I-105.

The choice of a Tillamook County number for it is also weird, considering at least one Lane County #, 220, was available.  Maybe nobody bothered to check, or they just don't care about the county-by-county system. 

But then they correctly picked a number in the 120's for Cornelius Pass Rd., so it must be selective amnesia.

--- End quote ---
With that document in mind, I'm surprised ODOT assigned an ORH to OR 127 (same number, but still). I was imagining they were content with just the OR number for brand new routes at this point.

Bickendan:
I'm happy to report that US 8 and US 47 are still signed in Forest Grove.

JasonOfORoads:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on November 07, 2023, 12:21:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: xonhulu on November 02, 2023, 09:10:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bickendan on November 02, 2023, 05:42:28 PM ---132 is an odd case, as it wasn't ever part of the ORH system being a Lane County highway that was only recently adopted by ODOT. It's one of the few Routes that doesn't have a Highway underpinning it (like how OR 8 west of OR 47 in Forest Grove doesn't).

--- End quote ---

At first, I thought "that couldn't be."  But I searched out this document:  https://www.oregon.gov/odot/planning/pages/jurisdictional-transfers.aspx

. . . and sure enough, no hwy # is listed for the Delta Hwy: it just says "Delta Hwy." 

But there was a jurisdictional transfer from Lane Co. to ODOT, so one would think it would have been assigned a highway #.  Seems like an odd bureaucratic oversight, unless ODOT just considers it a long off/on-ramp for either Beltline or I-105.

The choice of a Tillamook County number for it is also weird, considering at least one Lane County #, 220, was available.  Maybe nobody bothered to check, or they just don't care about the county-by-county system. 

But then they correctly picked a number in the 120's for Cornelius Pass Rd., so it must be selective amnesia.

--- End quote ---
With that document in mind, I'm surprised ODOT assigned an ORH to OR 127 (same number, but still). I was imagining they were content with just the OR number for brand new routes at this point.

--- End quote ---

The Delta Highway/OR-132 is in Oregon's maintenance system as "Delta Highway #132". Like OR-127, the route designation matches the highway designation. However, as was previously mentioned, Lane County highway #220 was available, as is OR-220, and those probably should have been the designation. I'm guessing that it probably has something technical in nature, such as creating a unique number in their database, that prevents them from re-using 220; that was the reason all the spurs got changed from things like "Salmon River Highway #39Y (McMinnville Spur)" to "McMinnville Spur Highway #483" in 2010.

In any event, OR-132 doesn't defy the longstanding convention of state maintained roads having some sort of highway number underneath.

Amaury:
Why someone would do this is beyond me: https://ktvz.com/news/2024/01/04/oregon-state-police-seek-tips-to-find-whoever-cut-down-discarded-7-odot-road-signs-in-wasco-county/

pderocco:
Yeah, you'd think they'd keep the signs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version