News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The 1-2-3 Road Sign CHALLENGE!!

Started by paulthemapguy, April 12, 2016, 10:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mapmikey

formulanone

130, with an error in Greensburg, PA.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: formulanone on April 21, 2016, 07:54:05 AM
130, with an error in Greensburg, PA.

That makes US 130 legit.  Until that sign was posted US 130 was solely within NJ!!!

TravelingBethelite

Quote from: Alex on April 20, 2016, 09:53:31 PM
Quote from: jbnv on April 20, 2016, 04:39:11 PM
I propose an exemption to the GSV and 10+ rules based on time. If a certain amount of time passes and nobody posts a picture for the particular number, the 10+ rule is relaxed or waived. These exemptions would keep the game from dying.

From the very start, I was thinking of changing the 10+ rule to a 5+ rule once we reach 200.
If 24 hours passes without a new post, GSV screenshots will be allowed.

I'm always open to suggestions and I'll listen to proposed tweaks to the rules.

I like the rules as they are personally, though an adjustment to 5+ at 200 works too. Some time between posts is fine. It allows members that may not yet logged on today a chance to chime in before the next number comes up.

And I would dig through the old highway number game to try and track something down before I resorted to GSV. No low hanging fruit for me...

I can't seem to track any old highway # threads with the search bar. Links, search suggestions, etc...?
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

hotdogPi

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on April 21, 2016, 09:08:46 AM
I propose an exemption to the GSV and 10+ rules based on time. If a certain amount of time passes and nobody posts a picture for the particular number, the 10+ rule is relaxed or waived. These exemptions would keep the game from dying.

From the very start, I was thinking of changing the 10+ rule to a 5+ rule once we reach 200.

I like the rules as they are personally, though an adjustment to 5+ at 200 works too. Some time between posts is fine. It allows members that may not yet logged on today a chance to chime in before the next number comes up.

And I would dig through the old highway number game to try and track something down before I resorted to GSV. No low hanging fruit for me...

I can't seem to track any old highway # threads with the search bar. Links, search suggestions, etc...?

"Old" meaning the thread is several years old, not an old route number.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

TravelingBethelite

Quote from: 1 on April 21, 2016, 09:13:30 AM
Quote from: TravelingBethelite on April 21, 2016, 09:08:46 AM

I'm aware. I am just having an issue in finding the old threads that would contain such photos.  :poke:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Alex

Quote from: TravelingBethelite
Quote from: TravelingBethelite on April 21, 2016, 09:16:44 AM
Quote from: 1 on April 21, 2016, 09:13:30 AM

I'm aware. I am just having an issue in finding the old threads that would contain such photos.  :poke:

There were several highway number games in the early days of the forum:

The new highway photograph game
Highway number game
New Non-repeat Route Game
NEW GAME: Sequential Number Game
Etc.

And this topic sums up why the games eventually stopped.

QuoteHey, would anyone object to me starting a new highway number game when the current one reaches 700? It's starting to get repetitive because there's not many states that number highways that far up... I just saw four Floridas in a row.

QuoteI object to the game in general.  We found all the shields.  Let's move on..

Quoteyeah I've seen all the VA secondary routes I really need to see in my life.  let's figure out something else

kphoger

Quote from: Alex on April 21, 2016, 09:28:26 AM
Quoteyeah I've seen all the VA secondary routes I really need to see in my life.  let's figure out something else

There's always Texas!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jeffandnicole

QuoteHey, would anyone object to me starting a new highway number game when the current one reaches 700? It's starting to get repetitive because there's not many states that number highways that far up... I just saw four Floridas in a row.

QuoteI object to the game in general.  We found all the shields.  Let's move on..

Plus, I think people just get bored with it.  Especially with ideas that have been recirculated.

New games - with a twist that hasn't been used in the past - can be interesting...unless they're a bit too hard, and then there's just all sorts of confusion.

kphoger

Quote from: THAT LINKThe topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Plus, those games are from 2013 at the most recent.  I'm game.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

okroads

Katavia

(clip)

There were several highway number games in the early days of the forum:

The new highway photograph game
Highway number game
New Non-repeat Route Game
NEW GAME: Sequential Number Game
Etc.

(clip)
Post series in bolded link seems to be deleted.
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

hbelkins

Quote from: vdeane on April 20, 2016, 01:48:02 PM
Now that I was motivated to find this, no.

Is that supposed to stand for "Connector" or "Connecticut?"

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

tckma

Quote from: hbelkins on April 21, 2016, 11:43:35 AM
Connecticut.  Except it's using an New York state route shield (IIRC, 124 is in the vicinity of the state line by Greenwich).  Likely, it's posted in NY by NYSDOT.  Still, they should have used the thick-border square that CT uses for their state routes, eliminating the need for the "CONN" banner.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

tckma

Quote from: hbelkins on April 21, 2016, 12:00:31 PM
I believe we're up to 132 now...

I am patiently waiting (for guess which number).

vdeane

Quote from: tckma on April 21, 2016, 11:46:54 AM
Quote from: hbelkins on April 21, 2016, 11:43:35 AM
Connecticut.  Except it's using an New York state route shield (IIRC, 124 is in the vicinity of the state line by Greenwich).  Likely, it's posted in NY by NYSDOT.  Still, they should have used the thick-border square that CT uses for their state routes, eliminating the need for the "CONN" banner.
Interestingly, that actually used to be NY 124.  The extenstion to CT 124 was eliminated by 1970; wonder if someone just slapped the "CONN" banner on and called it done; "replace in kind" could easily keep such a thing alive (actually, there's a newish looking yellow yield sign not far from there too).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

JCinSummerfield

paulthemapguy

Next we're looking for a 133!
Quote from: tckma on April 21, 2016, 12:01:19 PM
I am patiently waiting (for guess which number).
I am waiting for the very next one after you!  I'm out of commission until 136

EDIT/NOTE:  There is no calling "dibs," that's not what I'm doing here.  If someone beats me to 141, so be it  :cool:
But we can strategize by sharing what we have available to us of course
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 384/425. Only 41 route markers remain!

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jbnv

I got 1249 and may be able to get 445, 441, 447 and 442.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

kphoger

Quote from: jbnv on April 21, 2016, 05:12:08 PM
445, 441, 447 and 442.

..assuming we've relaxed the 10-post rule even further by then...
Male pronouns, please.

jbnv

Quote from: kphoger on April 21, 2016, 05:15:13 PM
Quote from: jbnv on April 21, 2016, 05:12:08 PM
445, 441, 447 and 442.

..assuming we've relaxed the 10-post rule even further by then...

I didn't say I was going to get all of them.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

hotdogPi

Forget all those numbers 400+, where's a 133?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.