Forum running slow or intermittent?

Started by froggie, November 09, 2009, 06:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

I've noticed this now both at home (recently upgraded to IE8) and at the office (IE7), but the forum lately has been running very slow, and occasionally locking up IE.  Looking at the task manager, it's also been eating up A LOT of memory (over 60mb) while open, and that's with nothing else open.

I suspect it has something to do with the new ads, but not 100%.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Chris

I use Firefox, and I haven't noticed any problems yet...

rawmustard

Quote from: froggie on November 09, 2009, 06:45:31 AM
I've noticed this now both at home (recently upgraded to IE8) and at the office (IE7), but the forum lately has been running very slow, and occasionally locking up IE.  Looking at the task manager, it's also been eating up A LOT of memory (over 60mb) while open, and that's with nothing else open.

I suspect it has something to do with the new ads, but not 100%.  Anyone else experiencing this?

We still run IE6 here at my office, and I haven't noticed any slowness, but our filters block some of the ads.

froggie

I had IE6 still at home before, and no problems then.  But now, not just with IE8 at home, but IE7 at the office, I'm running into this issue.

SSOWorld

I don't use Internet exploder anymore so I couldn't tell you what it is.  Do any of the other sites you visit have issues? :hmmm:

As a note - I absolutely refuse to upgrade to IE8 at home because there are plenty of things wrong with it.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Roadgeek Adam

Firefox has been crashing a lot lately and I have yet to find the source why - just saying
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

US71

I've been having the same problem with Opera. All the scans come up clean, so something else must be wrong.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

froggie

QuoteDo any of the other sites you visit have issues?

Nope...only this one.

QuoteAs a note - I absolutely refuse to upgrade to IE8 at home because there are plenty of things wrong with it.

However, I'm having this same problem on the forum here at the office with IE7...

FLRoads

Alex and I just got back from our trip and are currently looking into this. We will keep you guys updated as to what we find.

DanTheMan414

I often check the forum on my mobile web browser, and since Saturday it's been taking forever to download.  The key is, the main forum appears quickly, but there's a ton of junk from an advertiser or what have you beneath the forum copyright that is causing the problem.  However, the forum is loading just fine on my IE7, both on the laptop and on the home desktop.

Chris

I just checked with Firefox, with and without Ad-block Plus (ABP). If I disable ABP it's significantly slower.

Alex

All of that junk below the copyright was injected from a hacker, that is not from our advertisers. I am working on correcting this security issue. Please bare with us...

Alex

I have hopefully closed the doors on the leak and the index.php that runs the forum is no longer 1.5 MB in size. Am taking other measures to follow through with this...

I apologize for the downtime the last two hours, I made some control panel changes... Thank you for your patience!

US71

Quote from: AARoads on November 09, 2009, 07:20:44 PM

I apologize for the downtime the last two hours, I made some control panel changes... Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for taking the time to fix the problem  :clap:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

froggie

Following up on this subject, I've noticed that viewing posts/threads is more or less back to normal, but using/typing anything in the "Quick Reply" is still going very slow and jumpy.

simguy228

Yep. I've been using "Quick Reply" but it's getting slow on my PC
Lovable. Truthful. Great, SC4
[acronym=Simple Machines Forum]SMF[/acronym]

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.