Regional Boards > Northeast

Connecticut News

<< < (1137/1169) > >>

The Ghostbuster:
Will the US 6 Willimantic Bypass get exit numbers at the same time Interstate 384 gets mileage-based exit numbers?

jp the roadgeek:

--- Quote from: RobbieL2415 on September 21, 2023, 08:13:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: shadyjay on September 20, 2023, 07:29:03 PM ---Today, the contract plans were released for the I-384/US 6 resigning (and mileage-based exit numbers).  Pretty standard contract, but a couple items of note:  I-384's westbound control city has been changed to "East Hartford".  Formerly unsigned westbound exit to US 6/44 in Bolton gets a number.  Overhead signage for US 6/44 East jct in Bolton Notch gets removed and replaced with some sheets.

Just search for "  I-384  "  in the Bid Board site:  https://portal.ct.gov/DAS/CTSource/BidBoard

--- End quote ---

Weird. Change the control city from some place that a majority of people are going to, but don't add Willimantic going eastbound.

--- End quote ---

Adding "East" to Hartford is extreme nitpicking.  I-691's control city westbound is still Waterbury, though it ends well before that.  However, all of the BGS's at entrance ramps no longer mention control cities (I-691 TO I-91 EB and I-691 TO I-84 WB). 

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on September 21, 2023, 11:16:10 AM ---Will the US 6 Willimantic Bypass get exit numbers at the same time Interstate 384 gets mileage-based exit numbers?

--- End quote ---

I'd assume so, unless CTDOT jumps the gun and adds them first.  I saw some evidence of that on CT 3; the gore signs for Exit 13 and 11A SB are uncovered (though 11B is blacked out), the new services sign for Exit 13 has its numbers revealed, and the mile markers are in place. 

shadyjay:
So all of I-691's onramps just have "TO I-91 (or) TO I-84" signage?  So I guess that means I-691 no longer has control cities.  Unless we're counting the ramps to I-691 from I-84 and I-91.  In that case, Meriden is the only control.  "Middletown" was removed from I-84 EB signage when I-84 was widened through the Cheshire-Southington area.
 Signage on I-91 is in the process of being replaced and "Meriden" will be the only control city used.  Oh yeah, there's still the ramp from 15NB which has "Meriden/Waterbury" listed, but with the big I-91/I-691/Rt 15 interchange project coming, I bet Waterbury will fall from those as well. 

I do find it interesting that "Providence" is being retained as the I-384 East control city.  And, the use of "Charter Oak Br" as a control point on the HOV exit is continuing... could be because this contract stops short of the rest of the signs which still advertise the "C.O.B."  The contract plans for the I-384/US 6 project have the new exit numbers, so yes, this project will add mile-based exit numbers to both roads. 

Also, searching within the contract's "special provisions" pdf, one finds "OLD EXIT NUMBER" signs in the plans that are black-on-orange, vs white-on-green.  Curious, isn't it??!!

sharkyfour:

--- Quote from: jp the roadgeek on September 21, 2023, 12:40:46 PM ---

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on September 21, 2023, 11:16:10 AM ---Will the US 6 Willimantic Bypass get exit numbers at the same time Interstate 384 gets mileage-based exit numbers?

--- End quote ---

I'd assume so, unless CTDOT jumps the gun and adds them first.  I saw some evidence of that on CT 3; the gore signs for Exit 13 and 11A SB are uncovered (though 11B is blacked out), the new services sign for Exit 13 has its numbers revealed, and the mile markers are in place.

--- End quote ---

No, they won't.  They just redid the sheet metal signs on the US 6 Expressway in the last year or so and the exit gore signs got replaced with numberless ones.

sharkyfour:

--- Quote from: shadyjay on September 20, 2023, 07:29:03 PM ---Today, the contract plans were released for the I-384/US 6 resigning (and mileage-based exit numbers).  Pretty standard contract, but a couple items of note:  I-384's westbound control city has been changed to "East Hartford".  Formerly unsigned westbound exit to US 6/44 in Bolton gets a number.  Overhead signage for US 6/44 East jct in Bolton Notch gets removed and replaced with some sheets.

Just search for "  I-384  "  in the Bid Board site:  https://portal.ct.gov/DAS/CTSource/BidBoard

--- End quote ---

Are they eliminating all the "Expressway Ends" signage at either end of the US-6 expressway?  I see it noted for I-384 but not for US-6 at all...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version