News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

AL-192 Anniston Eastern Bypass

Started by jOnstar, February 05, 2012, 01:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jOnstar

If there is anyone around this area, I would love to see some photos of the upcomming road. I would also like to see the grade seperation of AL-21 and the bypass, and see if they are putting an interchange at that point. I am from Michigan, but used to visit this area quite a bit since I have family in Piedmont and Jacksonville, so I am familiar with AL-21 and AL-9 from I-20 to the north. When I started reading about a bypass in Anniston, I thought... bout time!! I can remember many times riding in a car, stuck in traffic on Quintard in Anniston. That used to amaze me as a little kid, seeing that Anniston is not a quarter the size of Detroit. I used to think, a freeway or bypass for Anniston would probably be a good idea. Like I said, information and pictures would be cool, if anybody had something.

Alex

Saw this roadway u/c on the Alabama state map in 2010, and exited on I-20 to check it out, but lost interest as the part we drove along was not much more than a glorified arterial. The one-quarter cloverleaf interchange was the "highlight".

codyg1985

There are parts under construction that include runaway truck ramps according to the plans that I have seen. I can't remember if there is an interchange at AL 21 or not.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.