Regional Boards > Southeast

Louisiana

<< < (3/243) > >>

US71:

--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 20, 2009, 12:53:50 AM ---yes, on a black shield in Shreveport.  I'll have photos ... sometime

--- End quote ---

Like this?

agentsteel53:
probably, yeah.  Now that I think about it, I have a hard time telling apart digit "1" in various serieses... but I definitely have taken a photo of that gantry.

Alex:

--- Quote from: US71 on January 20, 2009, 09:45:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 20, 2009, 12:53:50 AM ---yes, on a black shield in Shreveport.  I'll have photos ... sometime

--- End quote ---

Like this?

--- End quote ---

Only other place I can think of with an assembly like that is Public Square in Cleveland.

Urban Prairie Schooner:
The black and white shields, according to the e-mail sent me by DOTD, are cheaper to manufacture since black coloring is less expensive than green coloring.

The unique green/white signs will surely be missed, but I do admit that the monochromes are an improvement in terms of readability.

If DOTD would only use wider fonts for the route numbers, the signs wouldn't be nearly as ridiculously ugly.  :banghead: Series B is only necessary for 4 digit routes.

agentsteel53:

--- Quote ---black coloring is less expensive than green coloring.
--- End quote ---

well I'll be damned.  I've always gotten the same quotes on two-color shields regardless of the colors.  Apparently for higher volumes it becomes an issue.

also, what does DOTD stand for?  I refuse to believe it is Department of Transportation Department.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version