Potential new member has registration difficulties

Started by hbelkins, May 10, 2013, 09:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

I have recently been in contact with Adam Jackson from Tom-Tom. (Those of you who attended the Bennington, Vt. meet a couple of years ago will remember Mr. Stannard from Tom-Tom attended). Mr. Jackson has taken over some of Mr. Stannard's duties and is interested in doing outreach to the roadgeek/road enthusiast community. He's even mentioned having an event at Tom-Tom's headquarters in New Hampshire and he's planning to attend the upcoming Portsmouth, N.H. meet.

Anyway, he's interested in becoming a member of this forum but is having difficulty in signing up. He said he got a message saying that his registration has been rejected pending moderator approval. He asked me to pass along his issue so his membership can be approved. He wants to become an active and participating member.

Plus, we might end up with the first-ever corporately-sponsored roadgeek meet.  :bigass:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alex

Quote from: hbelkins on May 10, 2013, 09:31:46 AM
I have recently been in contact with Adam Jackson from Tom-Tom. (Those of you who attended the Bennington, Vt. meet a couple of years ago will remember Mr. Stannard from Tom-Tom attended). Mr. Jackson has taken over some of Mr. Stannard's duties and is interested in doing outreach to the roadgeek/road enthusiast community. He's even mentioned having an event at Tom-Tom's headquarters in New Hampshire and he's planning to attend the upcoming Portsmouth, N.H. meet.

Anyway, he's interested in becoming a member of this forum but is having difficulty in signing up. He said he got a message saying that his registration has been rejected pending moderator approval. He asked me to pass along his issue so his membership can be approved. He wants to become an active and participating member.

Plus, we might end up with the first-ever corporately-sponsored roadgeek meet.  :bigass:

Have him contact me directly and I'll manually set up his account.  :nod:

Alps

"Rejected pending moderator approval" doesn't sound like a thing, but he's approved.

oscar

Thanks for the warning.  I'll be there too, and will try to lay off my usual rant about GPS navigation units.   
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Alps

Quote from: oscar on May 11, 2013, 09:21:23 PM

Thanks for the warning.  I'll be there too, and will try to lay off my usual rant about GPS navigation units.   
If you're a roadgeek, working for a GPS company is one of the sweeter gigs you can land.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.