News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

voyager's cosmic bbarr

Started by vdeane, April 01, 2021, 12:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

Quote from: vdeane on March 22, 2024, 09:58:21 PM
Quote from: Voyager on March 22, 2024, 01:57:00 PMWhat have I done.
Honestly, I'm amazed; I wasn't expecting it to go on long when I recreated the thread for April Fool's Day; to be honest, I kinda forgot about it until it came back.

The original was the first thread I think on the entire forum? Almost 15 years ago though hard to remember.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

hotdogPi

Topic 3 is the earliest I'm able to view, and it's January 15, 2009. I'm unable to view 1 or 2; I don't know if they're admin-only or just non-existent. 0 redirects to the home page.

I can't view 4. As the first reply to 3 and the OP of 5 are both January 17, and I can't imagine a 2-day delay between the first post ever and the second post ever, the bbarr was probably in there.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Voyager

Quote from: hotdogPi on March 26, 2024, 01:14:07 PMTopic 3 is the earliest I'm able to view, and it's January 15, 2009. I'm unable to view 1 or 2; I don't know if they're admin-only or just non-existent. 0 redirects to the home page.

I can't view 4. As the first reply to 3 and the OP of 5 are both January 17, and I can't imagine a 2-day delay between the first post ever and the second post ever, the bbarr was probably in there.

I think you're right. There was a testing board that contained 1, the bbarr might have been 2 or 4. I actually originally created it as a homage to an old Flickr thread I used to be a part of in a group called DeleteMe! (a photo game), someone had named a thread "<b>bbikkerr's bbarr</b> (to make fun of the bbcode) and it was extremely popular there, so I thought "why not make one here, but I'll call it voyagers cosmic bbarr since my name refers to the show Star Trek: Voyager". It was popular for a while, started some controversy, the rest is boring history.

So now everyone knows why there was a weird thread called voyager's cosmic bbarr. Yay.

Alex

Quote from: Voyager on March 26, 2024, 01:23:03 PM
Quote from: hotdogPi on March 26, 2024, 01:14:07 PMTopic 3 is the earliest I'm able to view, and it's January 15, 2009. I'm unable to view 1 or 2; I don't know if they're admin-only or just non-existent. 0 redirects to the home page.

I think you're right. There was a testing board that contained 1, the bbarr might have been 2 or 4. I actually originally created it as a homage to an old Flickr thread I used to be a part of in a group called DeleteMe! (a photo game), someone had named a thread "<b>bbikkerr's bbarr</b> (to make fun of the bbcode) and it was extremely popular there, so I thought "why not make one here, but I'll call it voyagers cosmic bbarr since my name refers to the show Star Trek: Voyager". It was popular for a while, started some controversy, the rest is boring history.

So now everyone knows why there was a weird thread called voyager's cosmic bbarr. Yay.

Topics 1 and 2 were likely deleted by Jake when he went on a spree of deleting everything he deemed unworthy or superfluous. Topic 3 and Message 4 from the US 101 - Widening - Novato to Santa Rosa thread is the first entry in the messages table of the database.

There is no topic 4, topic 5 is "T-rex project" for Denver, topic 6 is "Favorite Interstate"
topic 7 is "Portland" from rawr_apples, a long gone member who I totally forgot about until just now.

The first post not in any of the aforementioned topics is message 33, Hampton Roads Article Corrections by DTP

Voyager

Quote from: Alex on March 26, 2024, 04:36:51 PM
Quote from: Voyager on March 26, 2024, 01:23:03 PM

Topics 1 and 2 were likely deleted by Jake when he went on a spree of deleting everything he deemed unworthy or superfluous. Topic 3 and Message 4 from the US 101 - Widening - Novato to Santa Rosa thread is the first entry in the messages table of the database.

There is no topic 4, topic 5 is "T-rex project" for Denver, topic 6 is "Favorite Interstate"
topic 7 is "Portland" from rawr_apples, a long gone member who I totally forgot about until just now.

The first post not in any of the aforementioned topics is message 33, Hampton Roads Article Corrections by DTP

I guess the bbarr was likely 2 then, I remember 1 being a feature test for the admin staff.

vdeane

Quote from: Voyager on March 26, 2024, 05:09:14 PMI guess the bbarr was likely 2 then, I remember 1 being a feature test for the admin staff.
The Wayback Machine seems to say it was topic 212, although the title saying [found!] is odd.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Voyager

Quote from: vdeane on March 26, 2024, 09:28:10 PM
Quote from: Voyager on March 26, 2024, 05:09:14 PMI guess the bbarr was likely 2 then, I remember 1 being a feature test for the admin staff.
The Wayback Machine seems to say it was topic 212, although the title saying [found!] is odd.

No, that's actually what it said (15 years ago I have no idea why...) but interesting that I made it so much later than I thought I had. There were a lot of forum game threads back then that no longer exist, so that's likely what came before the bbarr thread.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.