News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jmacswimmer

Quote from: cabiness42 on May 12, 2021, 09:05:51 AM
Quote from: thspfc on May 12, 2021, 08:48:46 AM
Week 1:

Bears at Rams on Sunday night

Bears played (and won) the first game in Lucas Oil Stadium, now they get to play the first game in SoFi stadium that has fans.

I remember watching that game - besides Lucas Oil's debut (and I remember a filler segment by the sideline reporter explaining how their retractable roof works), it was also Matt Forte's debut.  He had a ~50 yard td and finished with over 100 yards rushing if I remember correctly.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on May 12, 2021, 08:50:13 AM
Not surprised that the Rams are in prime time right away, though I might have expected it to be the Lions instead of the Bears.

Why, because of Goff and Stafford? It would be a massive shock if the Lions are better than the Bears. The Lions are, along with the Texans, probably the worst two teams in the league and in fact the only two teams I feel safe saying won't make the playoffs.

webny99

Hey, no Week 1 MNF double header this year? That was always kind of weird here in Eastern Time - the second game didn't end until after 1 AM.

thspfc

Quote from: webny99 on May 12, 2021, 10:01:33 AM
Not surprised that the Rams are in prime time right away, though I might have expected it to be the Lions instead of the Bears.
The Lions are, along with the Texans, probably the worst two teams in the league and in fact the only two teams I feel safe saying won't make the playoffs.
I feel very confident saying that the Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, Texans, Broncos, Eagles, Lions, and Panthers will not make the playoffs. In fact I would be shocked if any of those eight made it.

CoreySamson

I feel very confident that the Texans won't win 3 games.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: thspfc on May 12, 2021, 01:01:20 PM
The Lions are, along with the Texans, probably the worst two teams in the league and in fact the only two teams I feel safe saying won't make the playoffs.
I feel very confident saying that the Jets, Bengals, Jaguars, Texans, Broncos, Eagles, Lions, and Panthers will not make the playoffs. In fact I would be shocked if any of those eight made it.
Jaguars could if Lawrence has a stellar rookie season.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

Quote from: CoreySamson on May 12, 2021, 01:21:24 PM

You were very careful to word it that way, because you're covered if they win 4 or 5.  :-P

CoreySamson

Quote from: webny99 on May 12, 2021, 01:34:26 PM
Quote from: CoreySamson on May 12, 2021, 01:21:24 PM

You were very careful to word it that way, because you're covered if they win 4 or 5.  :-P
LOL that was unintentional. They'll probably win 4 or 5 if Watson comes back, but if not, then I can't see them winning more than 2.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

webny99

Alright, I'm going to file this for the future  :D

Eagles have a shot in their division, so do the Jaguars (given the Titans loss of talent on offense and Wentz being a huge question mark). Broncos could absolutely make the playoffs, obviously with Rodgers, but even with Teddy. He should be serviceable with that roster.

The Jets are anyone's guess, but the AFC East does have a favorable schedule this year, at least.

JayhawkCO

Jets - I agree
Bengals - If Burrow makes huge strides, I could see a wild card
Jaguars - That division makes it possible
Texans - I agree
Broncos - Maybe if they get Rodgers?
Eagles - That division makes it possible
Lions - I agree
Panthers - I agree

Chris

OCGuy81

Quote from: jayhawkco on May 12, 2021, 01:42:02 PM

Jets - I agree
Texas - I agree
Lions - I agree
Panthers - I agree

Chris

I agree on the Eagles.  Unless the NFC East suddenly gets a lot better, that will probably be the division where 1 game over 500 will get you the crown.

TheHighwayMan3561

For the 7th time in 10 years and 6th in 7, the Bears will close the season in Minnesota. This is why all division final week is stupid. So sick of the same matchups over and over.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on May 12, 2021, 04:29:56 PM
For the 7th time in 10 years and 6th in 7, the Bears will close the season in Minnesota. This is why all division final week is stupid. So sick of the same matchups over and over.
It disincentivizes resting players week 17.

JayhawkCO

If I'm not mistaken, with the addition of the 17th game, I thought they were no longer doing the final week that way.  Also, I thought only the first week was released so far.  How'd you get your info?

Chris

OCGuy81

I actually like the divisional games the final week of the season.  You get good rivalry games, and even if a team in a division isn't going anywhere, they might be able to play spoiler in regards to a rival's seeding.

Big John

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 12, 2021, 08:59:50 AM
Quote from: thspfc
link=topic=26378.msg2612774#msg2612774 date=1620824110

Jets at Panthers is the headliner of the week 1 early slate.

Interesting that both CBS and Fox seemingly have national games in the 3:25 time slot, Browns/Chiefs and Packers/Saints.

That's normal though. But based on the NFL overly complicated and restrictive TB rules, not all makets will see both games.
They changed the rules for week 1 that both CBS and Fox will both have a doubleheader.

thspfc

Quote from: jayhawkco on May 12, 2021, 01:42:02 PM

Jets - I agree
Texans - I agree
Lions - I agree
Panthers - I agree

Chris
Teams go beyond quarterbacks. The Jags' roster, while better than it was last year, is still terrible. Same with the Jets and Bengals. The NFC Least had to play against the NFC West and AFC North, the two best divisions last year. So that division is better than you think. Plus, three of the four teams in that division had a first year HC last season, which obviously impacted their 2020 records. The only team that didn't? The team that has a first year head coach this year. The Eagles also lost their quarterback of 5 years and will be rolling with by far the least experienced QB/HC combination of any of them in the division. To me the NFCE will probably shake out like this:

1. Washington/Dallas/Giants: 10-7
2. Washington/Dallas/Giants: 8-9
3. Washington/Dallas/Giants: 7-10
4. Eagles: 5-12

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 12, 2021, 04:34:58 PM

I actually like the divisional games the final week of the season.  You get good rivalry games, and even if a team in a division isn't going anywhere, they might be able to play spoiler in regards to a rival's seeding.

That's fine if they mix up the matchups, but for the Bears to get to play Detroit as that game only once in 10 years is wrong. It needs to be fair.

Bears full schedule is out: https://twitter.com/DannyParkins/status/1392582812990115846
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on May 12, 2021, 05:46:33 PM
Teams go beyond quarterbacks. The Jags' roster, while better than it was last year, is still terrible.

They signed a bunch of decent free agents as well.  I know free agency doesn't always pay off, but I still see them probably going 7-10 or 8-9.  If I'm off by just a little bit, they could sneak in.

Quote from: thspfc on May 12, 2021, 05:46:33 PM
The NFC Least had to play against the NFC West and AFC North, the two best divisions last year. So that division is better than you think. Plus, three of the four teams in that division had a first year HC last season, which obviously impacted their 2020 records. The only team that didn't? The team that has a first year head coach this year. The Eagles also lost their quarterback of 5 years and will be rolling with by far the least experienced QB/HC combination of any of them in the division. To me the NFCE will probably shake out like this:

1. Washington/Dallas/Giants: 10-7
2. Washington/Dallas/Giants: 8-9
3. Washington/Dallas/Giants: 7-10
4. Eagles: 5-12

FWIW, the Vegas win totals for those teams are:
Dallas - 9.5
Washington - 8
Giants - 7
Philly - 6.5

I personally would take the under on Dallas since they still don't have a defense and I'd probably take the over on Washington.  The other teams seem about right.  I just know there's a lot of variability in the NFL and while I think the Eagles probably won't make the playoffs, they're not one of the teams I'd immediately write off.

Chris

webny99

I would question what the Giants are doing if they don't make the playoffs this season.

There's a pretty clear top-3 playoffs-or-bust teams IMO: Giants, Cardinals, and Raiders.
Falcons and Chargers are also near the top of the list but rank a little lower because they both have first-year head coaches.

(This is now the second Sports thread with 1000 replies, and my first thread with 1000 replies)

thspfc

Matt Nagy is toast if the Bears don't make the playoffs, and he's probably still toast if they lose in the wild card round again.

My guess is that Mike Zimmer also needs to make the playoffs to keep his job.

OCGuy81

Quote from: webny99 on May 12, 2021, 07:51:13 PM
I would question what the Giants are doing if they don't make the playoffs this season.

There's a pretty clear top-3 playoffs-or-bust teams IMO: Giants, Cardinals, and Raiders.
Falcons and Chargers are also near the top of the list but rank a little lower because they both have first-year head coaches.

(This is now the second Sports thread with 1000 replies, and my first thread with 1000 replies)

For what Gruden got paid....yeah, the Raiders need to make the playoffs, or he's out.

thspfc

Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 13, 2021, 03:45:24 PM
Quote from: webny99 on May 12, 2021, 07:51:13 PM

For what Gruden got paid....yeah, the Raiders need to make the playoffs, or he's out.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Mayock loves Gruden to a fault. Similar to how Jerry Jones loved Jason Garrett too much to fire him for a while.

thspfc

Time for a 2+ month bump, because THE NFL STARTS IN 10 DAYS! Well, the preseason anyways.

I get to see my Cowboys kick off both the preseason (against the Steelers) and the actual season (against the Buccaneers). Only reason I'm going to watch the preseason is to see how Dak Prescott is doing following the ankle injury against the Giants last October.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.