News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Last year it was the Seahawks, who played remarkably great after losing Russell Wilson. Might it be the Buccaneers' turn this year? At 3-2 and on top of the NFC South, they're continuing to play great despite Tom Brady's retirement. Can't say the same about Brady's other former team, though, who is struggling at 1-4 and reverting back to pre-2001 form. Looks like karma has finally caught up to them...
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Henry on October 19, 2023, 10:30:06 PM
Last year it was the Seahawks, who played remarkably great after losing Russell Wilson. Might it be the Buccaneers' turn this year? At 3-2 and on top of the NFC South, they're continuing to play great despite Tom Brady's retirement. Can't say the same about Brady's other former team, though, who is struggling at 1-4 and reverting back to pre-2001 form. Looks like karma has finally caught up to them...

As I called last year, losing Wilson is a net positive. He is not the same player he was 4-5 years ago and the Seahawks saw it.

JayhawkCO

Foster Moreau, catch the damn ball.

webny99

Quote from: jakeroot on October 16, 2023, 08:00:35 PM
My only takeaway from the game is...how the hell did the Dolphins lose to that?

It is worth noting that 4 of the Dolphins' 5 wins have come against 4 of the worst 5 teams in the NFL. They have absolutely done what they should do to those teams... but the Eagles on SNF will be a great test.

NWI_Irish96

The NFL might as well eliminate the "uncatchable" clause from the pass interference rule if a ball that lands much farther out of bounds than any human could physically stretch themselves isn't considered uncatchable.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

epzik8

At this point, I definitely think Lamar Jackson is indeed worth $260 million.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

jakeroot

Quote from: webny99 on October 20, 2023, 09:40:36 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on October 16, 2023, 08:00:35 PM
My only takeaway from the game is...how the hell did the Dolphins lose to that?

It is worth noting that 4 of the Dolphins' 5 wins have come against 4 of the worst 5 teams in the NFL. They have absolutely done what they should do to those teams... but the Eagles on SNF will be a great test.

Well, at least the Dolphins win the easy games. The Bills have now lost to both the Jets and the Pats  :-D

webny99

The Jets also beat the Eagles, and should have beaten the Chiefs.

But yeah.. the 2023 Bills invoke the "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed" meme.

Big John

Welcome back to the 70s/80s Packers. :ded:

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Big John on October 22, 2023, 07:43:22 PM
Welcome back to the 70s/80s Packers. :ded:
I cringe every time Love tries to throw the ball more than 20 yards.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

thspfc

What a statement by Minnesota. I'd say the 4th best game any team has played so far this year, after BAL vs. DET, BUF vs. MIA, and LAR vs. SEA.

I don't know how much it's gonna take to get the fact that Kirk Cousins is a top 10 quarterback through peoples' skulls. He just played one of the best games of any QB all year, without Jefferson, against the 49ers defense.

jlam

Quote from: thspfc on October 23, 2023, 11:21:32 PM
What a statement by Minnesota. I'd say the 4th best game any team has played so far this year, after BAL vs. DET, BUF vs. MIA, and LAR vs. SEA.
MIA vs DEN

thspfc

Quote from: jlam on October 23, 2023, 11:22:51 PM
Quote from: thspfc on October 23, 2023, 11:21:32 PM
MIA vs DEN
That was so absurd it hardly counts. They met absolutely no resistance in that game, just a defensive meltdown. If we're just talking biggest blowouts, obviously tonight doesn't come anywhere close to making the list.

I did forget one though, a certain week 5 game that I erased from my memory.

epzik8

I have to say it's a bit shocking to me seeing Geno Stone lead the league in interceptions up to this point in the season.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: epzik8 on October 24, 2023, 03:59:35 PM
I have to say it's a bit shocking to me seeing Geno Stone lead the league in interceptions up to this point in the season.

I'm assuming this was an autocorrect error, but it's Geno Smith. Yeah, he hasn't played nearly as well as last year.

thspfc

Quote from: JayhawkCO on October 25, 2023, 11:12:18 AM

I'm assuming this was an autocorrect error, but it's Geno Smith. Yeah, he hasn't played nearly as well as last year.
No, it's Geno Stone, safety for the Ravens. He has 4 picks.  :-D

JayhawkCO

Quote from: thspfc on October 25, 2023, 12:18:38 PM

Ha. Didn't know there was more than one Geno in the league. My bad!

thspfc

Bills
Jets
Jaguars
Eagles
Cowboys
Vikings
Titans
Dolphins
Colts
Texans
Browns
49ers
Chiefs
Ravens
Chargers
Lions

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on October 25, 2023, 12:25:37 PM

Never really thought about it before, but the phrase "leads the league in interceptions" is rather nebulous.

epzik8

We at the Commanders are officially breaking apart our defensive core...

mgk920

Quote from: webny99 on October 26, 2023, 02:40:16 PM

Never really thought about it before, but the phrase "leads the league in interceptions" is rather nebulous.

Well, the 'career interceptions thrown' record (I believe that it is now held by Brett Favre) is one of the weirdest NFL records of all.  A QB has got to be VERY GOOD to have any chance of even remotely approaching it.

Mike

thspfc

Cincinnati has arrived. 2021 Chiefs vibes. Then again, I said that about the Bucs last year. I don't know what happened to the Niners on that day in Cleveland, but since then they've been railed two weeks in a row.

In an awful break for the Vikings, Cousins tore his achilles. Sad to see considering how well he was playing, and how good the team as a whole has looked the last two weeks - probably as good as they ever have since 2017. With Cousins playing at a top 5 level, Addison breaking out, and Jefferson coming back in a couple weeks, that offense could have been nasty, and Flores' defense has come around. Instead, they're now facing a probable losing season and a highly uncertain future. They weren't going to the Super Bowl either way, but they certainly looked playoff-bound in the weak NFC.

Speaking of achilles . . . Aaron Rodgers appears to be making record time with his recovery, and there's chatter that he could return this season. The medical field is constantly evolving and improving. I don't think any of us non-doctors are in a position to say that it's impossible, regardless of what precedent indicates. And due in part to the Giants committing crimes against humanity today, the Jets are still very much in the hunt at 4-3.

Denver rolls over the Chiefs for their first victory in that rivalry since the Peyton Manning days, and in turn their first ever against Mahomes. From giving up 70 points in a game, to holding the Chiefs to one touchdown in two matchups . . .  :confused:

I'm forking the Packers. With that, my NFC field is set: PHI, DAL, DET, NO, SEA, SF, LAR. The Falcons could really burn me, as I was one of only two people to fork them pre-season. Literally anybody else winning the NFC South is a non-negative outcome for me, since we're all out on the Bucs and Panthers. Even still, an 8-9 team could limp into the 7 seed in this conference. If it ends up being a team I forked, well, not much I can do about that.

I'll probably add an AFC team later in the week. Likely the Titans, possibly the Chargers if they manage to lose tonight.

Quote from: mgk920 on October 29, 2023, 04:44:55 PM
Quote from: webny99 on October 26, 2023, 02:40:16 PM

Well, the 'career interceptions thrown' record (I believe that it is now held by Brett Favre) is one of the weirdest NFL records of all.  A QB has got to be VERY GOOD to have any chance of even remotely approaching it.

Mike
Along those lines, the QB with the most interceptions in a given season is rarely the worst starter, or even bottom 5. If they're that bad they'll get benched and/or given few oppurtunites to make plays for better or worse.

Alps

Jets vs. Giants was everything we thought it would be, except that Zach Wilson had exactly one drive and it happened to be the last 30 seconds of regulation.

Hunty2022

Carolina gets it's first win of the season against the Texans, who are playing OK football with a 3-4 record.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Ted$8roadFan

The New England Patriots showed some signs of life, but still lost to the Miami Dolphins, 31-17.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.