News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triplemultiplex

Dallas is so schizophrenic this year. One week, they look like contenders, the next week, they look like they should be dragged out back and put out their misery.  This was a good week for them.  Which means they'll probably shit the bed next week.

The Cousins injury forks the Vikes, as you folks like to say.  Too bad for them as, yeah, it looked like they were on track to be one of those teams that bucks the statistics and makes the post season despite starting 0-3.  Congrats on winning the 2023 North, Detroit.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

jeffandnicole

Quote from: triplemultiplex on October 30, 2023, 10:21:42 AM
Dallas is so schizophrenic this year. One week, they look like contenders, the next week, they look like they should be dragged out back and put out their misery.  This was a good week for them.  Which means they'll probably shit the bed next week.

Let's hope that's the case.

Go Birds!

Dough4872

Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 30, 2023, 10:30:22 AM

Go Birds!

Eagles have been a little shaky too this year. Lost to the Jets and struggled in some of their wins. I think the Eagles-Cowboys game could go either way although I will lean to the Eagles as having a slight advantage as they are playing at home.

thspfc

Quote from: Dough4872 on October 30, 2023, 03:02:21 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 30, 2023, 10:30:22 AM

Go Birds!

Eagles have been a little shaky too this year. Lost to the Jets and struggled in some of their wins. I think the Eagles-Cowboys game could go either way although I will lean to the Eagles as having a slight advantage as they are playing at home.
The Eagles have been the least shaky team this year. Everyone else has multiple losses and some ugly wins of their own. That'll be a good one next week.

JayhawkCO

Some rumors out there that Famous Jameis is headed to the Vikings.

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on October 30, 2023, 03:47:01 PM
The Eagles have been the least shaky team this year. Everyone else has multiple losses and some ugly wins of their own. That'll be a good one next week.

It could also be argued that the Eagles have been winning despite being shaky. Sam Howell lit them up for 62 points in two games but they escaped those games 2-0. And at no point have the Eagles looked like world-beaters. Some quality wins, but none by more than two scores.

tmoore952

Quote from: webny99 on October 30, 2023, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: thspfc on October 30, 2023, 03:47:01 PM

It could also be argued that the Eagles have been winning despite being shaky. Sam Howell lit them up for 62 points in two games but they escaped those games 2-0. And at no point have the Eagles looked like world-beaters. Some quality wins, but none by more than two scores.

I've never seen a championship awarded at the halfway point of the season. I expect the Eagles to lose some games going forward, but I think some losses are necessary to keep you sharp.

As far as losing to the Jets, as I say every year, if you're going to lose games, the interconference games are the ones to lose since those games are farther down the tiebreaker hierarchy.

mgk920

Kirk Cousins suffered a torn Achilles tendon in their game this past Sunday at Green Bay.  He might return to the field in a season or two, but he'll never play again at the same level.

Mike

jlam

I'll fork the Vikings, Rams, and Steelers at the end of Week 8. I was about to fork the Titans, but Will Levis surprised me. We'll see what they can do.

Ted$8roadFan

Quote from: mgk920 on October 31, 2023, 01:46:45 AM
Kirk Cousins suffered a torn Achilles tendon in their game this past Sunday at Green Bay.  He might return to the field in a season or two, but he'll never play again at the same level.

Mike

I'm not a Vikings fan, but I hate to see Cousins go down. He seems to be a nice guy who worked hard and was having a great season.  I hope he makes it back.

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on October 05, 2023, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: webny99 on September 22, 2023, 08:02:30 AM
Quote from: thspfc on September 10, 2023, 08:40:00 PM
webny99
Rams (25)
Cardinals (25)
Colts (25)
Titans (25)
Texans (25)
Bears (25)
Bucs (25)
Panthers (25)
Total: 200
I am also forking the Raiders, Steelers, Patriots, and Giants. So I'm at 12 teams total.

I don't see any standout value forks to add (yes I am aware I haven't forked the Broncos or Jets yet). Sticking with this list for now.

OK, I am forking the Packers. Up to 7 NFC teams, with the Commanders and Vikings (sadly) on fork watch.

Leaving the AFC for now. Suddenly a bit nervous about the Titans but happy with the rest. Should have forked the Broncos earlier but there's no point doing it now, might as well keep riding with them after their most impressive win in some time. Schedule looks manageable, and the two Chargers games down the stretch could be fork-offs.

Browns and Jets are on fork watch-lite. I think both will stick around in the picture for a while.

TheHighwayMan3561

The Cousins injury forks the Vikes, as you folks like to say.  Too bad for them as, yeah, it looked like they were on track to be one of those teams that bucks the statistics and makes the post season despite starting 0-3.  Congrats on winning the 2023 North, Detroit.

While the division is likely out of play for the Vikings, just because of the mediocrity of the teams going for the 5-7 seeds it's tough for me to entirely write the Vikings off. The Vikings have games against Atlanta and New Orleans over the next 3 weeks which will be big because it may come down to that head-to-head tiebreaker if either/both of those teams don't win the NFC South.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

JayhawkCO

I'll finally fork the Commanders. Looks like they're giving up via the trade market.

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on October 31, 2023, 01:35:04 PM
I'll finally fork the Commanders. Looks like they're giving up via the trade market.

What a bizarre 48 hours for the Washington franchise. From having a 4th quarter lead against one of the best teams in the league (a game which, had they held on to win, would have put them firmly in the playoff picture until late in the season), to giving up three 4th quarter touchdowns, falling to 3-5, and promptly trading away two of the best defensive players on their roster. Wild times.

I think they're still too good to completely tank this season regardless of how the organization views it, but losing those two players is tough. I really thought the #7 seed would come down to Washington and loser of Saints-Falcons (with the Vikings briefly in the mix), so I certainly wasn't planning to fork them, but here I am on the clock with 48 hours to decide what to do.  :paranoid:

jlam

Wow. I'll add the Commanders as well. That means my NFC field is fully set:

Lions
Eagles
Cowboys
Saints
Falcons
49ers
Seahawks

I might fork the remaining 2 AFC teams by Thursday.

DenverBrian

Raiders fire Josh McDaniels.

ozarkman417

...and GM Dave Zeigler. Can't blame the owner after what happened yesterday.

webny99

JayhawkCO

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on November 01, 2023, 10:08:41 AM
Quote from: webny99 on November 01, 2023, 10:05:19 AM
Wow. Was expecting this eventually, but not mid-season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38791663/josh-mcdaniels-fired-las-vegas-raiders-bad-decisions-legacy-rebuild

And this was McDaniels' what, 3rd head coaching hire?

Yes, if you count Indy, where he was hired and declined the job.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: JayhawkCO on November 01, 2023, 10:08:41 AM
Quote from: webny99 on November 01, 2023, 10:05:19 AM
Wow. Was expecting this eventually, but not mid-season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38791663/josh-mcdaniels-fired-las-vegas-raiders-bad-decisions-legacy-rebuild

And this was McDaniels' what, 3rd head coaching hire?

If you count his Indianapolis fiasco...

How long until he's back on staff in New England?  :pan:
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

webny99

Quote from: jmacswimmer on November 01, 2023, 10:21:24 AM

How long is a flight from Vegas to Boston? 

thspfc

Quote from: webny99 on November 01, 2023, 12:25:29 PM

Does he have TSA?

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on November 01, 2023, 01:24:17 PM

Does he have TSA?

No doubt, but that won't speed up the plane.  :)

Big John

Quote from: webny99 on November 01, 2023, 05:05:55 PM
Quote from: thspfc on November 01, 2023, 01:24:17 PM

Does he have TSA?

No doubt, but that won't speed up the plane.  :)
The Patriots have their own charter plane so they don't go through TSA.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.