News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

NWI_Irish96

There is finally measurable snow. Ground and roads are now coated. It's 33 degrees and supposed to get a bit warmer, so the snow is expected to change over to rain later so there will probably be no trace of the snow by tonight.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Bruce

High in the 20s, low in the teens.

Morning brought a dusting of snow to go on top of the not-melted snow from the Sunday/Monday storm. Not warm enough yet to create tons of ice, but there are slippery spots all over.

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

tolbs17

78 and partly cloudy. Extremely warm for the winter!

kevinb1994

Quote from: tolbs17 on December 29, 2021, 02:43:00 PM
78 and partly cloudy. Extremely warm for the winter!
Pretty much the same scenario here. Of course it's warmer here, but not by much.

And then it will get colder again soon (don't know if that is going to happen up there). Nice.

CoreySamson

Yup. Still warm here, but that will change. The New Year's Day forecast is currently expecting a high of 84, a low of 36, and winds of 20 mph. Still no rain in the forecast.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

kevinb1994

Quote from: CoreySamson on December 29, 2021, 09:21:49 PM
Yup. Still warm here, but that will change. The New Year's Day forecast is currently expecting a high of 84, a low of 36, and winds of 20 mph. Still no rain in the forecast.
We haven't had much rain here either. But it's not really needed here for the time being, unless I'm wrong and we do need some.

Our low is being constantly changed due to the unusual weather.

Bruce

kevinb1994

Quote from: Bruce on December 30, 2021, 01:04:45 AM
Meanwhile in Alaska: a new state high for December.

[tweet]1476422810595737601[/tweet]
Feels more like Unalaska than Alaska.

(Too soon, I know)

Roadgeekteen

ozarkman417

December has been very warm for the Ozarks, with many days reaching or getting close to record highs. I'll assume that the ongoing La Nina may have something to do with this.

This all changes in some 48 hours. Friday night's low: 50. Saturday night's low will be forty degrees lower at 10. There is a chance of a thin glazing of ice and/or a dusting of snow Sat. night in the Springfield area, while a full on winter storm is expected further north towards KC.

CoolAngrybirdsrio4

It is really foggy and in the 30's   :crazy:
Renewed roadgeek

Roadgeekteen

kkt

Barely above freezing and bright sun.  Going to be icy tomorrow.

CoreySamson

What a year it has been in terms of the weather here in Houston. A rundown of the year's highlights, based on my observations in this thread:

January: Generally cold and pleasant

February: The historic Texas Coldpocalypse. Don't need to say much more. Temperatures got down to 15 degrees, all of Texas under a Winter Storm Warning, wind chill values under 0, bizarre ice and sleet, and I couldn't find a working bathroom to poop in for 24 hours.

March: Not very interesting, but I did note the ice cream truck made an appearance.

April: Severe Thunderstorm Watch in the middle of the month for a squall line that ended up fizzling before we could get any rain. About a week later, a nasty thunderstorm blew through with 50 mph straight line winds and a lot of lightning.

May: On the first, areas SW of Houston picked up 15 inches of rain in 48 hours. Afterwards, the mosquitoes went completely ballistic. On the 16th, more than 11 inches fell in other rural areas to the southwest of town. Later that week, we got a tornado watch and a lot more rain. Also, a tropical invest came ashore.

June: Finally hit 90 degrees on the 6th, after places like Boston, Portland, and NYC did. Otherwise normal.

July-August: Lots and lots of Saharan dust, and cooler than average.

September: Hurricane Nicholas. Personally witnessed the eyewall of the storm, 65+ mph winds, and 10 inches of rain. Later that month, a freak thunderstorm dropped about 5 inches of rain in a couple of hours. Then on the 30th, it happened again within a week, dropping another 4 inches or so in an hour or so.

October: Very warm. Another thunderstorm which went on to produce tornadoes near Beaumont came through the area, but with no damage. Also, the days before Halloween were extremely windy.

November: Temperature rollercoaster, but otherwise mild.

December: Record-breakingly warm, and early in the month, it was consistently foggy.

Tomorrow a blue norther will make an appearance, dropping the temperature 40 degrees in less than 48 hours. Expected to get down to freezing on the 2nd (plus 25 mph sustained winds!).

EDIT: Now we have a Freeze Watch in effect, and it's 75 degrees outside. What a world.

My Route Log
My Clinches

jlam

Snowing, white-out conditions. 2-6 inches expected.

Roadgeekteen

Bruce

Clear and cold, but finally above freezing.

Today's high is 34 and the low is 33.

Scott5114

After a December with practically no rain and temperatures in the 60s, December 31 was rainy, and January 1 we have this:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

tolbs17

Roadgeekteen

CoreySamson

This is one heck of a cold front. Right now sunny and just 43 degrees outside, but the wind has been howling above 20 mph all day making it even colder. Wind chill values this morning were in the lower 20s. Tonight it's supposed to get down to 28 degrees.

My Route Log
My Clinches

allniter89

A cold front just passed thru, clear skies. 64 falling to 30. 57 for a high Monday.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

1995hoo

It was 62° yesterday. This morning at 7:25....

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.