News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgb191

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on July 30, 2022, 06:01:31 PM
Very hot and 97. Very close to getting to 100. Heat Advisory extended to 12 AM MDT Monday for all of Western Montana. Red Flag Warning in effect for Fire Zones 107, 108 and 109 until 9 PM MDT Sunday for wind gusts up to 40 MPH, dry humidity. I'm afraid this heat is sticking around for another ten days or so as this high pressure heat system just will not let go of its death grip on Northern Idaho and Western Montana.

Sorry but I can't help but find your comments amusing to me.  You're complaining about 90s in the middle of summer, and I've seen days in the 90s this past February (seven times).
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Ted$8roadFan

A little humid, in the 70s with some light rain.

Scott5114

Quote from: jgb191 on August 01, 2022, 01:32:54 AM
Sorry but I can't help but find your comments amusing to me.  You're complaining about 90s in the middle of summer, and I've seen days in the 90s this past February (seven times).

He doesn't own an air conditioner.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 01, 2022, 03:45:30 PM

I remember back in the day where we didn't need to have one here in Denver also. Now it's a necessity. 93 and sunny here right now.

Billy F 1988

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 01, 2022, 03:45:30 PM

That's correct! I do have box fans now so it's helping somewhat. Got a bit of a sprinkler over my area right now that will help notch the heat down a bit. By the upcoming weekend, it's dialing back to the upper 80's so I'm okay with that. Just need a stronger low pressure system to break this heat up. Weather Underground has my area with a slight chance of rain in a 6 hour period, which, 'ya know, any drip of moisture helps A LOT! Being stuck in the upper 90's to low 100's for almost a month tends to really drag. The only thing I don't have to deal with is the humidity mixed with the heat. If I was in jgb's neighborhood, it'd probably wouldn't be as enjoyable of a day there because I'd end up like I was in a sauna with a humidifier!
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Roadgeekteen

I'm in Rhode Island right now and it's about 80 and cloudy
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

7/8

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on July 30, 2022, 06:01:31 PM
Very hot and 97. Very close to getting to 100. Heat Advisory extended to 12 AM MDT Monday for all of Western Montana. Red Flag Warning in effect for Fire Zones 107, 108 and 109 until 9 PM MDT Sunday for wind gusts up to 40 MPH, dry humidity. I'm afraid this heat is sticking around for another ten days or so as this high pressure heat system just will not let go of its death grip on Northern Idaho and Western Montana.

And meanwhile I can't imagine living in a place where 90's F is considered reasonable! :-D

On a side note, my summer trips as a kid down south (SC/FL) have skewed my perception of Fahrenheit. I was used to seeing high 80's/low 90's F on those trips, and therefore thought those were comparable to upper 20's C, but even 80 F is 26.7 C (a bit hot) and 90 F is 32.2 C (really hot for me)! It really puts into perspective how extreme 100's F is.

The weather in Kitchener is currently a comfortable 22 C (72 F) and partly cloudy. Tomorrow warms up to high of 29 C (85 F) with a thunderstorm expected on Thursday. A pretty typical summer week here.

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny, upper 8ps. The heat and humidity are making a comeback.

webny99

A warm day, with temperatures near 80F, but with an unsettling light breeze that ruffles the leaves and whispers, fall is on the way. (And as someone who really enjoys fall, I feel like that first August whisper gets more intoxicating and more powerful every year.  :nod:)

Scott5114

Quote from: webny99 on August 02, 2022, 06:02:57 PM
A warm day, with temperatures near 80F, but with an unsettling light breeze that ruffles the leaves and whispers, fall is on the way. (And as someone who really enjoys fall, I feel like that first August whisper gets more intoxicating and more powerful every year.  :nod:)

Pffft. I can't say I've ever gotten that "first whisper of fall" before mid-October.

US 89

In Utah it would always happen around mid-September when we got our first real cold front.

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 02, 2022, 11:26:23 PM
Quote from: webny99 on August 02, 2022, 06:02:57 PM
A warm day, with temperatures near 80F, but with an unsettling light breeze that ruffles the leaves and whispers, fall is on the way. ...

Pffft. I can't say I've ever gotten that "first whisper of fall" before mid-October.

Meanwhile I'll be expecting the first howl of winter by mid-October, and then have 4+ months of snow and gloomy weather to look forward to.

(And to be clear, real fall weather is still at least a month away here, but there's a distinct pre-fall vibe that always hits me at some point in early August.)

Roadgeekteen

82 and sunny in Rhode Island, where I am this morning.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

CoreySamson

Around here summer is usually still in full force well into September. It can be just as hot then as it is in June or July. There's a reason the Hurricane Rita evacuation was a disaster in the Houston area.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Bruce

74 and sunny, just about right.

Sadly we'll be touching 90 again over the weekend.

7/8

I got an alert at 5:45pm for a tornado warning. There's a very dark cloud toward the north! As of now, it looks like Kitchener might be just south enough to avoid the heart of the storm.

Ted$8roadFan

A bit humid, in the 80s. Waiting for near triple digits tomorrow. .

Scott5114

jgb191

Slightly above normal for early August.  Since the vast majority of posters on here seem to be well aware of these towns, there is no need to explain their locations:

Alice:               104 high (+4),   77 low (on point)
Corpus Christi:   99 high (+2),   84 low (+2)
Premont:          105 high (+4),  78 low (+1)
Kingsville:        102 high (+3),   78 low (on point)
Laredo:            111 high (+7),   81 low (+1)

(Numbers in parenthesis represent departure from normal)

Dew point and Heat Index numbers are also typical for August.  Dew points remain in the low 70s along the Rio Grande, and upper 70s to near 80 degrees along the coast.  Heat Index remain in the 110s (could be approaching 120 degrees again in a couple of locations).

------------------------------------------

Of the daily record highs in July 2022, one location in Texas, one in Nevada, one in Arizona, and the remaining 28 locations in California; the average of the daily records was 118 degrees.  The hottest day last month was 125 degrees somewhere in Death Valley N.P.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

hotdogPi

Today will get up to 99. After that, we'll mostly be in the 80s, which is good.

I saw something on a TV in a restaurant that my local area has seen 16+ 90° days this year, which is more than going 30 miles in any direction except possibly north. I believe it said Lawrence 16, Logan Airport 11, Worcester 2 (!), Needham 15, and somewhere around Plymouth 11. (I'm sure of the numbers but not the last two locations.) This means that I'm in a localized hot spot.

Quote from: Bruce on August 03, 2022, 05:25:42 PM

Since my weather is two days behind Chicago, that means theoretically I'm six days behind the West Coast. However, my forecast shows 80s. Maybe because my latitude is between 42°N and 43°N while you're between 47°N and 48°N?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

webny99

Quote from: 1 on August 04, 2022, 09:16:13 AM
Quote from: Bruce on August 03, 2022, 05:25:42 PM

Since my weather is two days behind Chicago, that means theoretically I'm six days behind the West Coast. However, my forecast shows 80s. Maybe because my latitude is between 42°N and 43°N while you're between 47°N and 48°N?

Chicago and the Boston area are close enough that the weather usually tracks pretty closely, but that's not necessarily the case across the whole continent, especially from one side of the Rockies to the other.

Roadgeekteen

Bruce

Quote from: 1 on August 04, 2022, 09:16:13 AM

Not a meteorologist, but I'm pretty sure the multiple mountain ranges between us has a great effect on whether a system makes it through or not.

Bruce

64 and cloudy with a low of 47 expected tonight.

But in a few days we'll be back at 90.

Ted$8roadFan

Record highs in the upper 90d and humid.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.