News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Cool lately. Not complaining, as where I live we have had a long hot muggy summer. Last two nights hit the 50's. Beats constant 80 plus and high humidity since April.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Bruce

A mid-70s and sunny day to break up a few partially cloudy ones. Rain is on the horizon, which should hopefully (and finally) douse the Sourdough Fire that has been smoldering for a month.

Ted$8roadFan

jgb191

Still remaining relatively warm with temperatures 5-10 degrees above normal in most places.  Humidity loads range greatly from moderate along the coasts and dry along the western border.  Overnight Heat Index returns to parts of the barrier coast for the next couple of nights, and afternoon Heat Index will top out from upper 90s to low 100s depending on location.  Places along I-35 like Laredo and Encinal will see Heat Index matching the actual temperature itself, while Corpus Christi and Brownsville will see Heat Index nearly ten degrees higher the actual temperature.

ACTUAL                              AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:        93 high; 80 low                    88 high; 69 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:    91 high; 79 low                    86 high; 71 low
LAREDO:                 96 high; 76 low                    90 high; 66 low
MCALLEN:               97 high; 77 low                    89 high; 68 low
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

jlam

Uncharacteristically warm this week for late October in Colorado. Highs in the upper 70s and lower 80s. Snow later this week though.

Ted$8roadFan

7/8

Currently a warm 20C (68F). It was sunny a few hours ago but that's quickly changing to overcast. It's supposed to stay warm until Saturday.

Billy F 1988

Ole man winter's coming a-knockin' early. That graphic is all you need to know. I hope everyone in Montana is prepared for it. Don't get stupid and drive like you're in the 500 or something. Supposed to get about 3 inches in the Missoula valley. Mountainous areas will get a bit more than that in these next 64 to 72 hours. I do expect single digits above zero to mid-single digits below zero wind chill increasing to mid-teens below zero during the coldest part of this snap.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

kphoger

Total rainfall, August 15 to yesterday = 2.13 inches

Today, my wife is having to use the shop-vac in the basement every 20 minutes.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Beautiful high of 71 today. Looks like we'll get our first snow of the year Saturday night into Sunday morning. I'm pretty excited for it as my son is now old enough that he'll want to play in it unlike last year where we set him down in the snow and he started crying.

Dough4872

74 and sunny, nice day for late October

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on October 25, 2023, 11:57:29 AM

This side of town has received 3.85 inches of rain in the last 24 hours.

Could be worse.  Emporia has received 7.6 inches in the last 24 hours.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on October 25, 2023, 03:02:03 PM
Quote from: kphoger on October 25, 2023, 11:57:29 AM

This side of town has received 3.85 inches of rain in the last 24 hours.

Could be worse.  Emporia has received 7.6 inches in the last 24 hours.

Could be worse. Could be Acapulco.

jakeroot

Pretty much 78-82 everyday for the foreseeable future here in Okinawa, lows around 70. Partly to mostly sunny and very low humidity, with only very occasional passing rain.

I can tell I'm getting acclimated to this weather, as I have started wearing jeans and sweatpants a lot outside. 70s...brrrr.

Bruce

The first cold days of the season. Highs in the 50s and dropping into the 40s, nights that are about to be below freezing. Snow expected in the passes too.

ZLoth

Amount of rain at my home:
Wednesday, October 25th - 0.86"
Thursday, October 26th - 2.46" so far
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

jgb191

Still more of the same conditions here in "Tropical Texas" remaining fairly warm, but nothing unusual for our fall climate; although our nighttime temperatures are a lot higher than average, in fact virtually everywhere in South Texas will be seeing official heat index reading every hour around the clock until our next cold front on Monday.  Yesterday the small community of Falcon Lake was forecasted to top out at 100 degrees, but fell just one degree short of that.

ACTUAL                              AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:        92 high; 81 low                    87 high; 69 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:    90 high; 79 low                    84 high; 68 low
LAREDO:                 96 high; 76 low                    88 high; 64 low
MCALLEN:               95 high; 77 low                    87 high; 66 low

Nighttime Heat Index:  from low 80s to near 90 degrees
Daytime Heat Index:  from 100 degrees to 107 degrees
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Ted$8roadFan

Mostly cloudy and 59, the normal high for this time of the year.

jlam

webny99

Quote from: jlam on October 28, 2023, 11:31:48 AM
snow

it was 80 degrees

When was it 80 degrees? That's pretty important context.  :sombrero:

Ted$8roadFan

Dough4872

58 and cloudy, dreary day out.

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny and 38, cooler than normal.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Hunty2022

42 and sunny + a freeze warning.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.