News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayhawkCO

Flurries and 23. Got about an inch of snow overnight and through today.

Ted$8roadFan

7/8

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on November 25, 2023, 07:06:23 AM
Sunny and 23.

As a Canadian, this conjures a much nicer image than what you mean. :D

Cancun had a high of 30C (86F) today and partly cloudy. A bit of rain is forecasted Monday, and a thunderstorm on Tuesday (my last day).

7/8

I'm back home as of yesterday. Today is overcast with a high of -2C (28F) and there's some snow on the ground.

Ted$8roadFan

Bruce

Drove through the frozen fog of Eastern WA yesterday. A few areas were in the low 20s and high teens, even in daytime.

jgb191

Not a bad way to start the month of December.  Partly to mostly cloudy skies with brief periods of light rain every now and then.  Moderate loads of tropical moisture from the gulf will be keeping our dew points in the low 70s along the length of the Padre Island barrier, in fact the Heat Index in places around the Brownsville and Harlingen areas approached 90 degrees today and could again for the next couple of days.  If anybody is in the mood for the beach, come down here!

ACTUAL                              AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:        83 high; 73 low                    78 high; 60 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:    81 high; 70 low                    76 high; 58 low
LAREDO:                 78 high; 65 low                    74 high; 54 low
MCALLEN:               80 high; 68 low                    77 high; 57 low
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Hunty2022

36 and snowing to start off December according to Apple Maps, which I won't believe it till I see it.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Ted$8roadFan

Dough4872

Bruce

High 50s and rainy. We've got an atmospheric river bringing tropical stuff to the Northwest.

webny99

One of those mornings when most of the eastbound vehicles were clean, while most of the westbound vehicles were snow-covered.

Bruce

Ted$8roadFan

MATraveler128

We got our first dusting of snow this morning due to ocean effect.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

index

Got light snowfall here, maybe a third of an inch and mostly melted. I did do a little chasing though and went up to Carvers Gap, met up with a friend who lives down in Georgia. The wind was pretty brutal up there. Enough so that ice started to build up on his hair... A lot of good rime ice up top. My toes just about froze taking the Appalachian Trail up to that one bald. Total whiteout up there.

They did a pretty good job salting the roads, at least on the Tennessee side (I didn't see the North Carolina side but according to my friend he had to take his sweet time on that side, and he's normally a daredevil on mountain roads). A TDOT and NCDOT snow plow were both at the top and the drivers were having a chat which I found kind of amusing for some reason. Like UPS and FedEx meeting up or something.

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

epzik8

We've had brief snow showers for two days in a row. Currently overcast as we ease toward sunset.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

7/8

A high of 9C (49F) today and it was sunny around noon, though the clouds have rolled in now. Feels very warm after the past week of weather hovering around zero.

jgb191

A little warmer than it was at the beginning of this month.  Mostly Sunny and breezy.  Heat Index will be in the mid to upper 80s all across South Texas, a number of places could exceed 90 degrees.

BROWNSVILLE:        86 high; 70 low                    76 high; 57 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:    84 high; 68 low                    73 high; 55 low
LAREDO:                 84 high; 63 low                    72 high; 52 low
MCALLEN:               85 high; 68 low                    75 high; 56 low

That same cold front that sliced through the country earlier will arrive here Sunday morning and our temperatures will take a tumble.  We'll be several degrees below average for a couple of days before the evenutally gradually recovering back to normal.

Ted$8roadFan

Bruce

Fog and tons of it around the river valleys, but otherwise a pleasant somewhat warm winter day.

jgb191

We are considerably cooler than we were at this time last week, but still slightly above average at the midpoint of December.  Not much to speak of on the Heat Index, several places could top out in the low to mid 80s at the most but that's about it there.

BROWNSVILLE:        80 high; 67 low                    75 high; 56 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:    74 high; 64 low                    72 high; 55 low
LAREDO:                 76 high; 64 low                    71 high; 51 low
MCALLEN:               78 high; 63 low                    74 high; 54 low

Ted$8roadFan

Dough4872

jgb191

Our Christmas Day forecast and average, respectively, is as follows:

BROWNSVILLE:        82 high; 68 low                    73 high; 54 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:    79 high; 67 low                    70 high; 53 low
LAREDO:                 80 high; 64 low                    69 high; 49 low
MCALLEN:               81 high; 66 low                    72 high; 52 low

While temperatures will remain like this the first several days of Winter, which starts today, precipitation will vary from day to day.  We're looking partly cloudy right now, then rainy weekend, then mostly sunny/clear on Christmas Day on Monday....fine conditions to enjoy the beaches.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.