News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

Seattle is finally warming up, but highs are still below freezing. HOT lanes aren't warmed up yet.

https://twitter.com/GoodToGoWSDOT/status/1746673815999189156

Brandon

^^  LOL!  Just because it's cold doesn't mean we stop collecting tolls here in the Midwest.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

epzik8

We have a band of snow moving out right now, and it will snow more into tonight.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Hunty2022

27 and cloudy with some snow on the ground.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

7/8

Currently a brisk -18C (0F) and mostly cloudy with an expected high of -12C (11F). All week will be similarly cold.

Flint1979

Currently 4 above with a wind chill of 10 below.

ET21

Currently -5 with a wind chill of -24. Cold snap is overperforming so tonight might be the coldest night of the week.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

1995hoo

Cloudy and 29°. We got a dusting of snow last night, more conversational snow than anything else. It melted off the street pretty quickly but is not melting on sidewalks, grass, etc.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 13, 2023, 06:21:38 PM

Quote from: kphoger on December 13, 2023, 06:10:07 PM

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 13, 2023, 05:38:02 PM
One nice thing about Fahrenheit's 0 point is that it means the vast majority of the time the numbers will be positive. I can remember exactly once in my life the outdoor temperature was below 0, which made it remarkable enough I specifically went outside to go see what it was like. (It was cold. Now to go to Furnace Creek in the summer to experience it being hot.)

Seriously?  It gets below 0°F at least once a year up here in Wichita.

Usually the lowest it gets here is in the upper single digits.

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 13, 2024, 11:20:27 PM
These temperatures don't have enough digits.

I thought of you the other day.  Looks like it got down to 1°F in your neck of the woods over the week-end, but still not below zero?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Amaury

Quote from: Rean SchwarzerWe stand before a great darkness, but remember, darkness can't exist where light is. Let's be that light!

Wikipedia Profile: Amaury

CoreySamson

Can't say I've ever spent any time in temperatures this low before. Currently around 10 degrees in Tulsa, although I did go outside when it was 5 yesterday.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on January 15, 2024, 03:03:04 PM
I thought of you the other day.  Looks like it got down to 1°F in your neck of the woods over the week-end, but still not below zero?

Yep, according to NWS Norman, we bottomed out at 1° at OUN at 7:45 this morning.

It looks like Gage got down to –3° around the same time.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

elsmere241

26 F, light but steady snow that is supposed to go until around noon tomorrow.  I'm working from home anyway tomorrow.

JayhawkCO

Today our high was -2°. We should be above freezing as of about noon tomorrow for the first time in 4 days.

Dough4872

Ted$8roadFan

kphoger

It was -2°F on the way to work this morning, with clear (but still dark) skies.  We got a dusting of snow yesterday afternoon—the kind I call 'dancing snow', the little-bitty pebbles of snow that blow and dance all over the highway pavement—but it didn't freeze to anything at all, including the windshield.  We're supposed to get up above 20°F today;  this will be the first time it's been above 10°F since Friday.  Looking ahead, they're calling for 40s and rain next week.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Well, the office has water now.  The main burst at some point overnight.

EDIT — Hmmm, well, I guess only the cold water is working now.  The hot water pipe must have frozen up, and nobody noticed.
Male pronouns, please.

JayhawkCO

We're officially above freezing! 33°.

CtrlAltDel

Pipes froze! Well, nearly. This morning when making coffee, the water started out real slow, but after about 45 seconds or so, it came rushing back like normal. Still, though, I'm annoyed that that happened since I usually leave for a couple of weeks every winter, and it wasn't all that cold last night, maybe 17 degrees.

Still, only 21 more hours of this to go.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

kphoger

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on January 16, 2024, 02:44:44 PM
Pipes froze! Well, nearly. This morning when making coffee, the water started out real slow, but after about 45 seconds or so, it came rushing back like normal. Still, though, I'm annoyed that that happened since I usually leave for a couple of weeks every winter, and it wasn't all that cold last night, maybe 17 degrees.

Eek.  Yeah.  We typically flip the water shut-off whenever we go out of town, but that's kind of the opposite of the "leave a trickle running to keep the pipes from freezing" wisdom.
Male pronouns, please.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on January 16, 2024, 02:47:41 PM
Quote from: CtrlAltDel on January 16, 2024, 02:44:44 PM

Eek.  Yeah.  We typically flip the water shut-off whenever we go out of town, but that's kind of the opposite of the "leave a trickle running to keep the pipes from freezing" wisdom.

Does yours actually flip? Ours is a knob like the one that controls the hose spigots.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Bruce

Freezing rain and hovering around freezing tonight, with spots of wet snow. Driving was a bit tougher than usual.

Dough4872

13 and sunny, very cold out this morning

Hunty2022

100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.