News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Taking a shower (or bath) - do you prefer morning, night, or a mix of both?

Started by KCRoadFan, July 16, 2023, 12:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When do you prefer to take a shower or bath?

In the morning, shortly after I get up.
16 (39%)
At night, before I go to bed.
15 (36.6%)
Not until I'm about to go out (whenever in the day that might be).
2 (4.9%)
I don't have a preference - it just depends on the particulars of the situation.
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

JayhawkCO

The only times I regularly shower more than once a day is when I'm visiting a tropical country and have been outside most of the day.

Molandfreak

Showering multiple times a day (even more than two) is common in northern Brazil.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

jakeroot

Quote from: Molandfreak on July 19, 2023, 09:19:47 AM
Showering multiple times a day (even more than two) is common in northern Brazil.

It is also the norm here in Okinawa, everyone showers twice a day, including the Americans that move here. It's just way more hot and humid than most of the US, spending even an hour outside gets you unbelievably sweaty and you gotta wash that stuff off.

Quote from: Rothman on July 19, 2023, 07:06:50 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on July 19, 2023, 01:02:13 AM
So... anyone else shower morning and night, or just me? I'm starting to think it's just me.

I always shower in the morning as part of my morning routine (especially for skin care), and the water helps wake me up. And I shower at night to get all the day's sweat and dirt off me, and finish off my skin care routine.
Every morning and night?  Nah, that's just you. :D

Bunch of smelly nerds in this thread!

vdeane

Showing twice a day seems like a huge time suck to me.  My actual time in the shower is 20 minutes, but add in drying off, my dehumidifying break, and drying my hair, the whole shower process takes an hour.  I hate that hour as is, having to make it two would really suck (unfortunately my hair gets REALLY frizzy when exposed to humidity, especially shower steam, so washing it is not optional).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

J N Winkler

Quote from: jakeroot on July 19, 2023, 06:37:57 PMIt is also the norm here in Okinawa, everyone showers twice a day, including the Americans that move here. It's just way more hot and humid than most of the US, spending even an hour outside gets you unbelievably sweaty and you gotta wash that stuff off.

Okinawa has a Cfa climate, like the vast majority of the South as well as segments of the Midwest.  I checked the weather there and it seems the dewpoint is about the same as here in Wichita (77° F).  It's definitely not the Pacific Northwest, but it's weather well over 100 million Americans are accustomed to.

How extensive is A/C provision?  That might be what makes the difference in terms of showering habits.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

jakeroot

Quote from: J N Winkler on July 20, 2023, 02:40:16 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on July 19, 2023, 06:37:57 PMIt is also the norm here in Okinawa, everyone showers twice a day, including the Americans that move here. It's just way more hot and humid than most of the US, spending even an hour outside gets you unbelievably sweaty and you gotta wash that stuff off.

Okinawa has a Cfa climate, like the vast majority of the South as well as segments of the Midwest.  I checked the weather there and it seems the dewpoint is about the same as here in Wichita (77° F).  It's definitely not the Pacific Northwest, but it's weather well over 100 million Americans are accustomed to.

How extensive is A/C provision?  That might be what makes the difference in terms of showering habits.

A/C is everywhere, I don't know of anyone or anywhere that doesn't have it. That may not have been the case 40 years ago, but it's certainly the case now.

Okinawa is in the Cfa climate zone, but looking at temperatures and relative humidity, it is much closer to Tampa, though much rainier. There is a very similar "warm weather culture" that you don't see in places like Wichita or Little Rock, but might see in Tampa, Miami, Orlando, etc. It's instilled in you pretty quickly that you are living in a warm to hot place and need to live like it: make sure your AC works, always have sunscreen nearby, wear the right clothes (sun sleeves are very common here), and prepare to shower twice a day especially in the summer.

Okinawa is very nearly *Af, similar in climate to Miami but wetter.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.