News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hello from Chicago and Seattle

Started by Henry, January 25, 2011, 10:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Hey fellow roadgeeks!

I'm Henry Watson, and I found this forum via one of my favorite road-related websites, AARoads.com. I was born in Chicago, but have lived in Seattle for almost 11 years. Before that, I lived in Los Angeles from 1988 until 2000.

I guess you can say that I'm a lifelong roadgeek. Even at a very young age, I would mark up old, worn-out Rand McNally road atlases with my own roads and highways; I'd also draw the signs for these made-up roads as I went along. I used to have my own roadgeek website, but Yahoo closed it down in 2009. However, I hope to set up something similar in the not-too-distant future.

I'm an avid Chicago sports fan, being a lifelong fan of the Cubs, Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks. My favorite teams on the West Coast are the Mariners, Seahawks and Lakers, and I'm a big UCLA Bruins fan! (BTW, the only time I root against the Seahawks is when they play the Bears!) I also enjoy listening to all types of music, like pop/rock, R&B, oldies and some jazz. I also have my own YouTube channel, and the background signifies the three cities that I've lived in: the Sears Tower for Chicago, the Hollywood sign for LA, and the Space Needle for Seattle.

Well, that's all I have to say. I'm happy to have found this site, and I look forward to sharing my own thoughts and ideas with you.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Alex

Glad to have you on the board, welcome!

DanTheMan414

Welcome to the AARoads forums, Henry!  Hope you enjoy all that the forum has to offer!

Ian

Welcome from the birthplace of America!
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

corco

Welcome! I lived in Geneva for 9 years (89-98) and Tacoma for 2.5 (06-08), so I share many of the same sporting tastes. I'm a huge Mariners fan, like both the Seahawks and the Bears (probably lean more towads the Hawks), and having spent my formative years in Michael Jordan-era Chicago, I'm a pretty big Bulls fan

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.