Previous topic - Next topic

Well... Have You?

I Have
I Haven't
I Want To
I Don't Want To

BigMattFromTexas

Darkchylde

I have. I was at the NOLA meet last year that Froggie organized - the one cut short because Gustav was on the way.

BigMattFromTexas

I wish there was one some where close to ME

US71

I've been to 2, technically 3.

First one was 4-5 years ago in Joplin and was just me and Richie.

I did 2 in 2008: 1 in St Louis, 1 in KC.

I'm planning to go to OKC in June, but not sure yet about KY in the Fall. I'd love to host one here in Arkansas, but there's not a lot going on right now, though in another year, there will be several I-49 projects in the works.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Scott5114

My OKC meet will be my fourth. My first one was in St. Louis last year, followed by Chicago in the summer and Kansas City in the fall.

The only other meet I am definitely attending this year is the one Chris Lokken is having before his wedding. However, Jeremy is considering a Tulsa meet which I would definitely be interested in attending.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 27, 2009, 04:34:41 AM
My OKC meet will be my fourth. My first one was in St. Louis last year, followed by Chicago in the summer and Kansas City in the fall.

The only other meet I am definitely attending this year is the one Chris Lokken is having before his wedding. However, Jeremy is considering a Tulsa meet which I would definitely be interested in attending.

I am considering an Arkansas meet, but probably not until next year. Not a lot of major projects going on right now, but it looks like some I-49 projects may be starting up sometime this Summer. By next year, there may be plenty to see. :coffee:

rawmustard

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 27, 2009, 04:34:41 AM

I guess I'm not the only one who started attending meets within the last year. I went to East Lansing last December and State College in April (so it stands to reason the next meet I attend might not be in a Big Ten city. :sombrero:) Still haven't made a decision about Charleston, but OKC and Indy are both out. But if Lokken is hosting a meet, that could fit, depending on when he schedules it. Of course, I'll likely make the "local" meet this fall as it will be held in the Grand Rapids area.

As far as the future, I would like to host a meet in Portage, MI, in 2010 or 2011 so that we can view progress of I-94's reconstruction through the area. (After all, it was selected as the 2,000th porkulus project, with a presidential announcement. :banghead:).

SSOWorld

Been to a couple already - like rawmustard and Scott5114, I've only begun attending meets in the last year.  Chicago (Milwaukee) last June and State College last month. I don't have the pleasure of many meets happening around me so I just do an impromptu road trip every so often to satisfy my roadgeeking fix. :-P
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Chris

Yes, two times :) In Europe though.

And I do roadtrips with other roadgeeks sometimes.

hbelkins

I've been to a number of them, have hosted two and (shameless plug) am hosting another one in a couple of weeks in Charleston, WV.

My first meet was in northeastern Kentucky (Greenup County area) and there were three people there: Sherman Cahal, Pete Jenior and me. Since then I've been to meets in Missouri (St. Louis), Michigan (Edwardsburg, East Lansing and Detroit), Ohio (Dayton, Cincinnati, Toledo and Youngstown), Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh, Milford, State College and Uniontown), West Virginia (Beckley), Virginia (Richmond), North Carolina (Charlotte, Greensboro and two in Raleigh) and Tennessee (Knoxville and Nashville). And, of course, Kentucky (Northern Kentucky, Pikeville and Somerset). I may have missed a few. Plus we had an impromptu meet and road trip at Billy Riddle's wedding last year that was loads of fun.

I really enjoy the meets. Not only the camaraderie and the tours, but the chance to travel and possibly take new routes and visit new counties. I always enjoy the North Carolina meets because you drive through such beautiful country to get there, and lately I've been combining meet trips with my occasional road exploring trips to kill two birds with one stone.

I am planning to attend the Oklahoma City and Indianapolis multi-day meets in the next couple of months, and will also probably attend a rumored Washington DC/NOVA area meet if it occurs. And I plan to attend the Grand Rapids meet that is supposed to take place in Michigan this fall. I'm also thinking about doing a meet in Louisville later this year.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alex

I attended the Atlanta 2004 meet, the 2004 Harrisburg (Lancaster), PA meet, the 2005 State College, PA meet, and co-ran the July 2006 Orlando meet with Justin Cozart. Also Myself, Carter Buchanan, Doug Kerr, and Lou Corsaro had a mini-road meet on October 3, 2004 where we checked out New Tyburn Road and the Doylestown bypass freeways among other things.

There are not really many organized road meets in California, but I've done several trips with Andy Field, Mike Ballard and Casey Cooper.

DanTheMan414

I can't believe I've already been going to roads meets for 9 years now!  Time sure flies when you're having fun on the roads!  :sombrero:

My first roads meet was back in 2000, when Chris Bessert, myself and three others met up for the first ever Michigan roads meet.  Since then, I've been to quite a few meets, particularly around the region -- Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York and even internationally, into Ontario.  These are always a fun time, meeting up with other roads enthusiasts, exploring roads & projects in different areas, and especially checking out new territory.

I was out at the Youngstown meet earlier this month, which was a blast, and I'll be at both the two-day event in Indianapolis on 7/10-11 & at the Grand Rapids meet, which will take place in either September or October. 

rawmustard

Quote from: DanTheMan474 on May 27, 2009, 01:47:09 PM
I was out at the Youngstown meet earlier this month, which was a blast, and I'll be at both the two-day event in Indianapolis on 7/10-11 & at the Grand Rapids meet, which will take place in either September or October. 

Ah, so you finally got Indy away from Brickyard weekend (aka my high school reunion weekend). It's still very unlikely I'd make it, since I'm making a trip out to Chicagoland the weekend prior. It looks like June and July will be a busy time, as you'll have meets every other weekend from Charleston through Indy, and I'm sure some as of yet unannounced meets will pop up throughout the rest of the summer.

NJRoadfan

Three actually.

1. The 12/22/2002 NYC Meet: Mostly covered Queens area roads, meet point was in Jamaica Estates. This meet was most notable for an incident on the Belt Parkway involving Doug Kerr's CR-V.

2. The 07/13/2003 Edison NJ Meet: Held at the Edison Diner on US-1. The Comrade had photos from this one posted somewhere.

3. The 10/30/2004 Westchester, NY Meet: Held at Racanelli's Pizza and Brew right off of I-287. Notable because I have no pictures from it due to camera battery issues. That and that "Keith" character from MI kept trolling the MTR thread.

PAHighways

I've hosted and attended many including being part of the first documented one in Greensburg, PA in February 1999 and the first national in Pittsburgh in 2006.

hbelkins

Quote from: DanTheMan474 on May 27, 2009, 01:47:09 PM

Have you decided on a general location for each day's meet-up for Indy? I have two free nights I need to redeem at Microtel before the Micropass program phases out in August, and I'll probably use these for Indy if the daily meet-up location is near one of Indy's Microtel locations.

mightyace

Can someone tell me more about or give me a link to information on the Indy meet.  Since it is a 6-7 hour drive from my house, I might be able to make it.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

bandit957

I went to that one in Michigan in 2003 that the 'Sesame Street' Krew missed out on.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bugo

I still haven't been to one.  OKC will by my first.  However, I have gone on roadtrips with several Road Enthusiasts.

HB, you are truly the king of road meets!

US71

Quote from: bugo on May 28, 2009, 09:11:37 PM
I still haven't been to one.  OKC will by my first.  However, I have gone on roadtrips with several Road Enthusiasts.

HB, you are truly the king of road meets!

He must have a great expense account  :D

Ian

Someone should organize a big meet over in Philly  :sombrero:
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Duke87

I had no idea people ever even did such things until I joined this forum a few months ago.

Few things get in the way of me attending one:
1) I don't actually have my own car (though this will likely change in the near future).
2) Scheduling constraints would make it impossible for me to just up and go anywhere more than a few hours away.
3) I don't know anyone else who'd be at all interested and it'd be kind of depressing/awkward/unnerving to go by myself and be traveling around with a bunch of people I've never met before.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

hbelkins

Quote from: PennDOTFan on May 28, 2009, 09:47:03 PM

That'd be a good excuse for me to clinch all of Pennsylvania's counties. I only lack a dozen or so and all are in the SE corner of the state.

Believe it or not, Kentucky was not the first state I clinched. That honor goes to Delaware.

PAHighways

Quote from: hbelkins on May 28, 2009, 10:22:29 PM
Quote from: PennDOTFan on May 28, 2009, 09:47:03 PM

That'd be a good excuse for me to clinch all of Pennsylvania's counties. I only lack a dozen or so and all are in the SE corner of the state.

I might do one next year since I only planned to hold two this year.

Quote from: hbelkins on May 28, 2009, 10:22:29 PMBelieve it or not, Kentucky was not the first state I clinched. That honor goes to Delaware.

I can believe it, as it was my first clinched state as well.

mightyace

Quote from: PAHighways on May 28, 2009, 11:23:58 PM
I can believe it, as it was my first clinched state as well.

What? Delaware wasn't you first state clinched?  It's only got 3 counties!  :sombrero:

Delaware is actually the only state I've clinched all counties, but that's not a goal of mine.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.