AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

on: Today at 04:21:13 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by 7/8
I-20 to Winnipeg City Route 20 (on its concurrency with MB 59):

on: Today at 04:20:26 PM 
Started by Roadgeekteen - Last post by cockroachking
75 mph
That is correct, on TX-103 facing EB towards Lufkin.

on: Today at 04:16:34 PM 
Started by Alex - Last post by SD Mapman
I am most happy living in a state that does not put any mention of 'county' on my car's license plates (Wisconsin).  It does add an element of anonymity to mindlessly driving around the state.

:nod:

The flip side of this is when I'm 700 miles from home, and then I see someone else from the same county filling up with gas at the next pump over.  It's a conversation starter.  That phenomenon is of even greater weight if you're from a small county.
Hah, I've done that too! My gut assumption is anyone with a 9 SD plate I either know them or someone who knows them.

And of course, that sort of thing doesn't work so well in states with numeric codes, such as Nebraska.  I've never known more than about five Nebraska county codes at any one time.
Coming from a numeric code state, if they need to announce something out here they'll say the number if it's not a local county (i.e. "16 plates" instead of "Campbell County plates" out in the Hills. If it's 15 plates, they'll just say Butte County because everyone out here knows Butte is 15.).

When my folks first moved to Spearfish from East River, someone went into the hospital my mom worked at and said in a really loud voice "Who has the Day County license plates?" and then proceeded to talk my poor mother senseless about goings-on in Webster. Needless to say they changed the plates over as soon as they could after that.

on: Today at 04:14:41 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by US71
Retro I- 20 near Clinton MS

on: Today at 04:13:05 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by webny99
Wow, nobody called me out for typing 'county' instead of 'country'!   :awesomeface:

Going to a difference county is so-o-o much easier than going to the bank!   :crazy:

Now I see the difference... LOL!

on: Today at 04:09:50 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by kphoger
Wow, nobody called me out for typing 'county' instead of 'country'!   :awesomeface:

on: Today at 04:02:47 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by SD Mapman
A-20 -> US 20 Business (Douglas, WY) (those are all business routes btw)

on: Today at 04:02:18 PM 
Started by adwerkema - Last post by TheHighwayMan394
Yeah, maybe one day I'll learn to read again.

on: Today at 03:58:39 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by webny99
Going to a difference county is so-o-o much easier than going to the bank!   :crazy:

Lol maybe that sounds silly, but I'm thinking if you have a trip planned in a few months, it's easier to bring some of them on the trip instead.

Actually, I'll bet there's some truth to that. Might as well put your pennies in circulation in the US now that they're no good in Canada.

on: Today at 03:55:48 PM 
Started by Max Rockatansky - Last post by webny99

Here's an outlook-related one - this pop up message:

This comes in so handy so often for me... very underrated IMO.

I'd actually put that in the "minor things that bother you" thread. Most times I am intentionally NOT responding to the last message, but to an earlier one.

Same here.

I can't think of a great example, but I often use it to find more recent messages that I've moved into a folder so that I don't have to search a specific folder.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.