News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Post your Car

Started by KEK Inc., August 31, 2010, 06:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEK Inc.

2002 Nissan Maxima

Here's my car (well, not mine, but the closest one I can find online). It has a sun-roof and leather interiors. :)

Engine: V6 3.5L 255 HP
Gear: 4-speed Automatic (OD)
Fuel: 24.5 mpg/18 gallons
Options: Sun Roof/6 CD Changer/BOSE subwhoofers/Cassette Player (my stepdad had the car)/12 FM Radio Presets/Cargo Net in Trunk
Seats: 4 comfortably (5 middle seat in the back)
Climate Control: Temperature
Take the road less traveled.

corco

Here's all the cars I've ever owned, or in the case of the Wrangler driven regularly

2002 Jeep Liberty. Inherited it when my Uncle passed away a couple years ago- it's been a great car. Only complaint is poor gas mileage, but I do a ton of snow driving and this car beats all, minus the damn automatic transmission. I hate automatics, especially in snow.

And the car I had before that- 1990 Dodge Colt. Overlapped with the Liberty for a couple months, but I sold it when I moved to Wyoming. This car was a beast- great gas mileage, shockingly good handling. 4-speed manual. Ton of fun to drive.  I'd rather drive that than some of the rich kid college cars in the background (that newish Mustang, newish BMW, that blue GTO por ejemplo). That was among the least valuable cars on the University of Puget Sound campus, but that was a good thing. It was like a go cart. Only cost $600 to buy and fix to good running condition.  I really regret selling it but I couldn't afford to keep it nor could I  manage the logistics of moving two cars from Washington to Wyoming. This was the best kind of car- I don't know a ton about the mechanics of cars, but I could pop the hood and fix anything. Nothing fancy, not even power steering. I was in full control of everything that happened behind the wheel of that vehicle unlike these fancy new cars with automatics, ABS, power steering, traction control, and a whole host of other things that take the fun out of driving. It was just a car. That's the way they should be.

And my high school car- 1997 Jeep Wrangler. Had it until I went to college when my parents needed it back for my little sister to drive.

Duke87

2009 Ford Focus.

The cheesy picture of my father handing me the keys....

This was last summer. It's not that clean now!

(also, those who've seen me know that I've since grown a beard)
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

agentsteel53

whatever I pick up at the rental counter...  :sombrero:
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

corco

Quote2009 Ford Focus.

Nice! I'm hoping when I get around to buying a new car here in 2-3 years it ends up being a Focus

BigMattFromTexas

Here's a picture of my car:

Pretty nice huh? It's a _______________ and it goes from _ to ___ in _ seconds, its engine is a ______________ and I bought it at _______.

Anyone wanna get me a car so I can fill in the blanks? I want a black F-150 Crew Cab, that would make me sooooo happy!!!
BigMatt

KEK Inc.

@ Corco:  Ah.  I'm not bringing a car up to college this fall.  It's way too expensive and risky, especially since I'm going to UW Seattle. 

Here's my first car:

A 2000 white Mercury Mystique (with the I-4, not V6).  I took this photo since the blonde girl driving the Jeep Cherokee who parks next to me doesn't know how to park.  :P
Take the road less traveled.

corco

Quote@ Corco:  Ah.  I'm not bringing a car up to college this fall.  It's way too expensive and risky, especially since I'm going to UW Seattle.  

Yeah, UW is insanely expensive to get a parking permit. I briefly considered transferring there from UPS before ultimately moving to Wyoming, but the costs to attend out of state were going to just be too much. No small part of that was the insane expense of parking (something like $1500/semester, if I recall right), which would have required me to not have a car. Great school, but you have to make some sacrifices to go there, especially out of state.

It's nice to have a car, and that's why I bought that Colt,  but Metro (or Pierce in my case) and Sound Transit are good enough that it's pretty easy to get around without one. Parking was free at UPS, so it worked well. UW probably isn't a problem, but in Tacoma there was a bit of a theft problem (that nice GTO in the background got broken into twice! Twice!), and having a crummy car with no valuable parts was highly advantageous (no airbags, and I'd bet 90% of Dodge/Plymouth Colts, Eagle Summits, and Mitsubishi Mirages of that vintage are sitting in junkyards right now, so there's not much of a black market for parts). You'll probably want your car later on, but especially at first it's good to at least try getting by without one.

I'm also pretty sure UW has an agreement with Flexcar (or whatever it is now), so students, even those who are only 18, can use those vehicles at a discounted rate, so that's great.

Bryant5493

Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

KillerTux

my truck 59 Ford F100..

which is strangely the same year as this truck (I don't have the awesome brush guard)..

Alex

My first car was a '85 Mercury Cougar. My next set of cars have all gotten into photos unintentionally.

My second car, a red '89 Cav:

My third car, which I had ever so briefly, enough to learn how to drive stick shift, a white '78 Celica:

My fourth car, a blue '94 Cav:

Currently driving a '99 Avenger (no inadvertent photos come to mind!)

Ian

Quote from: KillerTux on August 31, 2010, 09:25:02 PM
my truck 59 Ford F100..

THAT is a neat truck! Though I don't drive yet, I hope to get my dad's old '97 Ford F-150 when he get's a new truck in about a year or so.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

yanksfan6129

'95 Toyota Corolla. no photos, yet.

realjd

Here's my car:

I wish!

mightyace

My fleet currently consists of:

1990 Chevy G20 Conversion Van (operable)
1996 Saturn SC1 (almost there)
1992 Chevy Caprice Station Wagon (under repair)
1992 Cadillac Eldorado (under repair)

Here's the only picture I have handy at the moment of my Eldorado from February during a rare Tennessee snowstorm:

20100215Snow Car 2 by mightyace, on Flickr

If I ever buy new again, it will likely from Ford instead of Government Motors.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

mobilene

I totaled my previous car while on a road trip, exploring US 40/National Road. 

And so ended our vacation. by mobilene, on Flickr

I liked my Matrix so much, I replaced it with another. Here it is on US 50 in Brownstown, IN.

Knights of Pythias building by mobilene, on Flickr
jim grey | Indianapolis, Indiana

Truvelo

^ Why are cars treated as throw away items these days? The red Matrix just needs a new door and the rear side panel beating into shape or replacing.
Speed limits limit life

mobilene

The front passenger-side fender was also creamed.  The car was worth $7,000; that was $7,500 of damage.  Hence, total.

But more practically, I wrecked the car 5 hours from home.  While I would have preferred not to wreck the car, I was glad not to have to deal with either towing it back home or having it fixed in a distant town.

jim

Alps

Quote from: mobilene on September 01, 2010, 03:50:59 PM
I totaled my previous car while on a road trip, exploring US 40/National Road. 

Ah, at OH 7 and the bridge to Wheeling. (:

mobilene

Quote from: AlpsROADS on September 01, 2010, 08:28:50 PM
Ah, at OH 7 and the bridge to Wheeling. (:

Right!  As I came over the bridge, I somehow didn't see the light in the intersection just beyond the US 250 overpass and entered the intersection on red.  My sons were in the car with me; we were all very lucky to be uninjured.  Especially my son who sat next to the crushed door.

corco

QuoteHere's the only picture I have handy at the moment of my Eldorado from February during a rare Tennessee snowstorm:

That's an awesome Caddy! I've always wanted to get an Eldorado of the 1992-2002 vintage. Hopefully one day- they're among the most beautiful cars of the 90s, especially the 92-96 version. The only legitimate rival they had for awesome 90s cars is the 95-00 Olds Aurora or the Allanté, but I'd take an Eldorado over either of those.

Quote1992 Chevy Caprice Station Wagon (under repair)
That too is an awesome vehicle. Last generation of the full-size station wagon. Great car- good utility, amazing size, decent looks (especially if you have a wood package), wonderful highway cruiser.  Can I have your car fleet? Pretty please?

bugo

Quote from: KillerTux on August 31, 2010, 09:25:02 PM
my truck 59 Ford F100..

Nice truck.  My dad had one just like it but it wasn't as slick and had a white grille instead of chrome.  Does yours have the inline six and 3 on the tree?

I have a Ford product of similar vintage: a 1962 Galaxie 500 two door hardtop.  It has a 390 and automatic transmission.  It's all there, but in need of a complete restoration.

EDIT: I just noticed the "Y BLOCK" license plate so I assume it's a 292.  Is it original?

bugo

I drive a 1998 Chevy Cavalier 2 door with 170k miles.  I lost my pictures of it in a hard drive crash.

Jim

Here's my 2001 Audi A4 in a picture taken soon after I bought it in May '01.

It's been a great car, now with 248,500 or so miles on it in over 9 years.  I believe I've driven it to 48 states, including Alaska.  In fact, this car went up the Alaska Highway just a month after I bought it.  My goal for a while now has been to get to 250,000, but that might not happen.  It needs quite a bit of work to stay reliable and will not likely pass inspection in October without putting far more money into it than the car is worth.  I stopped worrying about the cosmetic stuff long ago (those door moldings just fall off after a few years), but with engine troubles finally creeping up, it's time to move on soon.

Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

NJRoadfan

Quote from: Jim on September 01, 2010, 10:48:40 PM
My goal for a while now has been to get to 250,000, but that might not happen.  It needs quite a bit of work to stay reliable and will not likely pass inspection in October without putting far more money into it than the car is worth.  I stopped worrying about the cosmetic stuff long ago (those door moldings just fall off after a few years), but with engine troubles finally creeping up, it's time to move on soon.

Hopefully you have a VAG-COM and the Bentley, at that mileage you should have both. :P

Here are my headaches (well one of them is anyway)

2009 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T with 16,000 miles (has been to NC twice already)
1987 Audi 4000cs quattro with ~106,000 miles (broken odometer, have taken it as far as Carlisle, PA for a show)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.