Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

I-495 and I-270 P3 Program

<< < (2/78) > >>

AlexandriaVA:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on July 15, 2018, 06:43:19 PM ---Maybe I misunderstood him. I thought he meant to have HO/T lanes on all the Interstates, but not that they all ought to be 100% HO/T.

--- End quote ---

👍

froggie:
^ Looks like Revive is the one who misunderstood.

Jmiles32:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2018/07/18/tentative-construction-options-unveiled-for-marylands-ambitious-plan-to-widen-the-beltway-and-i-270/?utm_term=.ef7672116609

--- Quote ---An ambitious plan to widen lanes on the Capital Beltway and Interstate 270 is entering a new phase with the release of a long list of possible construction alternatives this week.

Maryland transportation officials Tuesday unveiled 15 preliminary options that include the addition of congestion-priced toll lanes as well as dedicated bus lanes that would address traffic congestion on the two major highways. The alternatives provide the most detail of what the project might look like on I-270 and the Beltway.

Gov. Larry Hogan (R) in September proposed a $9 billion project to widen the highways to add managed toll lanes through a public-private partnership. The concept is now part of a complex federal review that explores a variety of possible improvements before settling on a preferred alternative.

The improvements under study include the addition of tolled and non-tolled lanes on both highways, bus lanes, spot improvements on the existing road to allow shoulder use and the conversion of existing HOV lanes to tolled lanes on I-270. Here’s the full list.

State officials say the goal is to find the best solution that not only provides some relief for commuters but also is financially viable.

“This is a massive undertaking,” Jeff Folden, a project deputy director with the Maryland State Highway Administration told a group of residents and officials at a meeting Tuesday night in Greenbelt.

“Current funding levels from the transportation trust fund could not accommodate this,” he said, noting that construction could take decades if they wait for public funding. “We are looking for something that can provide improvements in a self-sufficient manner. We are looking to see if any of these alternatives can be self-sufficient.”
--- End quote ---

Here’s the full list: https://495-270-p3.com/online_public_workshop/

mrsman:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on July 15, 2018, 06:43:19 PM ---Maybe I misunderstood him. I thought he meant to have HO/T lanes on all the Interstates, but not that they all ought to be 100% HO/T.

--- End quote ---

And it would also be helpful if every road had the same standards for what is HO and what is not.   Each roadway on every freeway in the larger region (to even include I-95 north of Baltimore) should allow for toll use with free use for HOV-3 with an EZ-Pass Flex.

[I think there were some reports that the proposed 495-270 lane would be toll only, but that would not mesh well with the existing HO/T standards of 495 in Va.]

cpzilliacus:

--- Quote from: mrsman on July 27, 2018, 02:38:23 PM ---

--- End quote ---

And it would also be helpful if every road had the same standards for what is HO and what is not.   Each roadway on every freeway in the larger region (to even include I-95 north of Baltimore) should allow for toll use with free use for HOV-3 with an EZ-Pass Flex.
--- End quote ---

I agree. But roads managed by MDTA may not be able to exempt HOV traffic due to their trust agreement with bondholders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version