News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I found a green sign that says "Oklahoma City" instead of "Okla. City"

Started by bugo, June 06, 2013, 10:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

It's on NB Yale Ave and points towards westbound I-44/OK 66.  I'll try to get a picture soon.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

agentsteel53

is that the north end of 27?  if so, I believe that sign was there in 2006, but no longer there in 2009.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alex

Quote from: agentsteel53 on June 06, 2013, 10:22:13 PM
is that the north end of 27?  if so, I believe that sign was there in 2006, but no longer there in 2009.

Yes, its one of Jeff's shots from 2000.

bugo

I should have clarified: I found a big green sign within the borders of the state of Oklahoma with the unabbreviated name of Oklahoma City. 

Scott5114

There is one in Norman too. AR, KS, and TX all spell out "Oklahoma City", but in Oklahoma it's usually "Okla. City".
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

okroads

There's also one on I-44 West at Exit 215 (OK 97) in Sapulpa.

DSC05209 by okroads, on Flickr

bugo

I also found a small green sign that spells the name out on WB Skelly Drive near 21st Street.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.