News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

NorthEastRoads.com -> AARoads.com

Started by Alex, August 05, 2009, 10:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

I'm merging all of the northeastroads.com content onto aaroads.com/northeast starting tonight. I'm doing this is an effort to consolidate more of the material on AARoads alone, and to make things easier for us to manage and update. Users will still be able to access all of the original pages via the northeastroads.com url's with redirects.

For awhile, I will leave all of the photo directories on the old server space for images that are hotlinked on the forum.

Michael

Will you be doing it with all the ___roads.com sites?

Alex

The eventual goal is to merge them all back under AARoads. Likely it will happen to rockymountainroads.com next, but the other two will stick around for quite awhile longer.

Michael

Oh, OK.  Will image links eventually become broken?

Alex

It depends. Right now I left all of the original northeastroads directories in tact as I know a number of them are utilized on the board here. Are there any specifically that you have in mind?

Lyle

It looks like you also moved a lot of your images to new subdirectories and changed the Interstate shields.

Alex

Yes, I changed some of the Interstate shields for New York and also restructured the New York photo directories. The old photo directories are still in tact on northeastroads.com FWIW.

Lyle

It seems the restructuring failed for Interstate 695 southbound and for Interstate 290.

Also, I notice that the "Site Navigation" panel on the AARoads update page has links to all sections of AARoads, while the one on the home page only has links to the subdomains. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your website, but I think navigation of your site would be easier if the "Site Navigation" panel on the home page were like the one on the update page. Just my two cents.

Alex

Quote from: Lyle on September 17, 2009, 05:24:16 PM
It seems the restructuring failed for Interstate 695 southbound and for Interstate 290.

Also, I notice that the "Site Navigation" panel on the AARoads update page has links to all sections of AARoads, while the one on the home page only has links to the subdomains. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your website, but I think navigation of your site would be easier if the "Site Navigation" panel on the home page were like the one on the update page. Just my two cents.

I fixed the directory errors in the html for both pages, they are correct now.

I also made the Site Navigation more consistent across all of the main pages.

Lyle

Alex

Quote from: Lyle on December 03, 2009, 12:44:15 AM
Hey Alex, did you delete all the pictures on NorthEastRoads.com?

Yes, the recent issues with the server led me to delete all files. I only replaced the redirects on northeastroads.com.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.