News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What to update next on AARoads?

Started by Alex, January 18, 2009, 07:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Carter and I took all of Interstate 88 in 2005, and the coverage I began was with the help of Jack Thomas. Andy and I revisited the Capital District and took all of the Northway northbound in summer 2007. Anyone want to help us out with captions?

Snappyjack

As for last time, I can certainly help again. :)

Alex

Oh wow, I didn't even recognize you *facepalm*! We have a ton more Capital District stuff should you be interested in helping again. The last trip involved more than just the Interstates too, as we messed around with New York 85, U.S. 9, the Dunn Memorial Bridge, the Northway spur south of Interstate 87/90, etc.  :spin:

djracer201

One place that will need to be updated is in GA - the I-75/I-475/Hartley Bridge Road Interchange - it is going a major redesign with collector/distributor roads, and widening from 3 to 5 lanes south of the interchange. It is still under construction - probably will be completed in 2010.

FLRoads

You mean this interchange?

Photo taken 12/20/08

On a trip up to Delaware for the holidays we drove through the construction zone for this project.  The new loop on-ramp for Hartley Bridge Road (Exit 155) is already open to traffic and the main lines of northbound I-75 are temporarily using the new c/d portion until new northbound lanes are constructed.  Once finished, one will be able exit from Hartley Bridge Road onto a c/d road and can access I-475 northbound before merging onto I-75 northbound.  This project will alleviate weaving between the two interchanges.

djracer201

Yeah - they are moving the southbound lanes over tonight onto the c/d road.

austrini

I would really like to fix the Europe section, I need to find it - it's on a CD around here somewhere

*looks at stack of 3,053,234 Cds*
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

austrini

QuoteHow about starting Canada's road system?

I finally figured out how to insert a quote. Yesssss

I would love to work on Canada, I have a bunch of Montreal and Quebec City photos (from 2007) and a few very rainy ones from in between the two cities. I guess it's just a matter of getting a) photos that are good and b) someone to contribute them. So many Canadian road photos I see are going right into the sun so you can't read any of the signs or have inexplicable bug splats on them. I've been to BC, AB, and Quebec but I don't recall seeing *that* many bugs.

My MapArt atlas is basically my favorite thing in the whole world besides the dog. I'd love to see all of Ontario's 400-series roads on aaroads.
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

Greybear

I noticed that part of I-30 in Arkansas has been done, from Texarkana to Caddo Valley (Exit 78). I'd like to see the remainder of I-30, along with the rest of Arkansas' interstates, posted.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: austrini on January 22, 2009, 11:23:02 PM
QuoteHow about starting Canada's road system?

I finally figured out how to insert a quote. Yesssss

I would love to work on Canada, I have a bunch of Montreal and Quebec City photos (from 2007) and a few very rainy ones from in between the two cities. I guess it's just a matter of getting a) photos that are good and b) someone to contribute them. So many Canadian road photos I see are going right into the sun so you can't read any of the signs or have inexplicable bug splats on them. I've been to BC, AB, and Quebec but I don't recall seeing *that* many bugs.

My MapArt atlas is basically my favorite thing in the whole world besides the dog. I'd love to see all of Ontario's 400-series roads on aaroads.

here a website who have a good collection of Ontario's 400-series pictures http://www.onthighways.com/  and for vintage pictures of various Ontario highways http://www.vintagekingshighways.com/ http://www.thekingshighway.ca/

and some pictures from September 2008 who show the progress of QC-175 upgrade to 4-lanes divided highway in the Laurentides provincial reserve between Quebec city and Saguenay (amalgation of the cities of Chicoutimi, Jonquiere and La Baie) http://richard3.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/qc-175-entre-laterriere-et-la-route-169/

Dougtone

Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 19, 2009, 08:12:23 PM
I thought the AA stood for Alex and Andy!

I believe that's what the AA originally stood for, and then evolved into All About.

Dougtone

Quote from: aaroads on January 18, 2009, 07:24:30 PM
Andy, Justin, Brent, Matt, Kevin, Carter, and I are sitting on a huge backlog of photos that go back to 2003. We pretty much have photos from just about every state. The question is, what do we add next?

I believe that my backlog exceeds that in terms of time and volume.  What I would do so I could get a pack of interns...

Alex

Quote from: dougtone on January 25, 2009, 07:39:01 AM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 19, 2009, 08:12:23 PM
I thought the AA stood for Alex and Andy!

I believe that's what the AA originally stood for, and then evolved into All About.

All thanks to Chris Kalina, aka SeattleRoadgeek   :colorful:

tankerdave

I noticed that some gaps in California have not been mentioned.  There is good coverage of the freeway standard roads in the central valey, but what about getting in some pics of the non freeway highways (CA 43, 41, 46, 198, more CA 65, 269)  Also, some of theses roads along with CA 58 go through the coast ranges to 101, what about covering those sections of road too?

Alex

Andy is always working on California. Right now he is adding more Los Angeles freeway coverage (mainly non-Interstate freeways). Last updates were on the 91.

big t

I would love to see the 14 freeway in california updated!!  All the way from Sylmar to Mojave
Quote from: voyager on January 18, 2009, 07:26:16 PM
Personally I'd love to see some Washington photos around Seattle. Last time I checked, the guides only went to Olympia on Interstate 5. I'd love to see downtown Seattle.

lamsalfl

I would like to see I-95 southbound pics placed on the expansion agenda for the Florida Gateway at http://www.southeastroads.com/florida.html.  Thanks!

Alex

I've added and replaced a few photos on the Intersate 95 northbound Florida pages through St. Johns and Duval Counties just now.

Lyle

Hi, Alex. I remember some time ago you said you had updated photos for the I-95 corridor in Florida, Virginia, New Jersey, and, I think, Delaware that you wanted to put up. Perhaps you can work on those next.

Ian

didn't I email you with NH road photos?  :confused:

i.c.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alex

Quote from: I.C.Ligget on January 27, 2009, 06:09:54 PM
didn't I email you with NH road photos?  :confused:

i.c.

Yes you did, they disappeared when my laptop crashed. I am sitting on a pile of New Hampshire photos from our Vermont trip of 2007 that covers NH as well. Best thing to do is to resend them with captions and I'll see about getting then put up.

QuoteHi, Alex. I remember some time ago you said you had updated photos for the I-95 corridor in Florida, Virginia, New Jersey, and, I think, Delaware that you wanted to put up. Perhaps you can work on those next.

I have so many photos for the Interstate 95 corridor that it makes my head spin. I just got my laptop back from the repair shop and I'm trying to tie up loose ends (photos that were in my in progress folder before the crash) before resuming on Justin's Texas material (I-410, US 281, TX 121, I-35W) and then moving forward on some of the requests here. Anyone interested in helping the way Jack Thomas, John Boren, and Matt Strieby have, please drop me a pm or email.

jasonsk287

Sorry I haven't responded again.
Thank you very much for any possible updates regarding Upstate NY.

I would like to see any new pictures, so any updates are fine with me!!! :D

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

lamsalfl

Ok Alex, here's my wishlist atm:   

I-95 southbound
I-75 southbound

Both in Flarrida.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.