News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads Random Photos

Started by Alex, February 10, 2009, 06:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

What part of the New Jersey Turnpike do you need photos of? I have some if you need some. Same with I-287.

-ic
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alex

Interstate 40 east at Exit 150A in Oklahoma City. Taken way back on October 20, 2003. We never got these or our Wichita, KS photos from this trip posted outside of some images on the Interstate-Guide.

Did they ever do anything about tearing down this viaduct? I remember that being a hot topic in the early 2000s.

Alex

I took this photo yesterday and a bird randomly flew in front of the car at the exact moment I snapped the image.

njroadhorse

US 26 at I-80 and NE 61 in Ogallala
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Alex

Snapped this photo today:

There were four state named shields near the Empire Central interchange in Dallas.

Alex

I had to pick between this photo and another for the next Interstate 88 update, and I decided on the other for the page but still wanted to share this one...

Alex

We added 76 photos from the sign museum in St. Petersburg that we recently visited on our facebook page.

Scott5114

Quote from: AARoads on April 07, 2009, 12:22:42 AM
Did they ever do anything about tearing down this viaduct? I remember that being a hot topic in the early 2000s.

ODOT is currently building an at-grade, ten-lane replacement for it a few blocks to the south, near the river. When that is complete I-40 will be routed onto it and most of the viaduct demolished. The viaduct's ROW will be used for a boulevard to allow easy access to downtown from I-40 and act as a "signature street" for downtown OKC. After this is done it is expected that the slum/warehouse area between new and old I-40 will be redeveloped/gentrified.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Alex

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 21, 2010, 11:42:35 PM
Quote from: AARoads on April 07, 2009, 12:22:42 AM

ODOT is currently building an at-grade, ten-lane replacement for it a few blocks to the south, near the river. When that is complete I-40 will be routed onto it and most of the viaduct demolished. The viaduct's ROW will be used for a boulevard to allow easy access to downtown from I-40 and act as a "signature street" for downtown OKC. After this is done it is expected that the slum/warehouse area between new and old I-40 will be redeveloped/gentrified.

Did you guys tour that during the OKC meet?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.