News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hello from Ohio!

Started by busman_49, October 03, 2010, 03:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busman_49

My name is Ryan, and I am currently living in Columbus, Ohio.  I have been interested in anything traffic/transportation for as long as I can remember.  I look forward to being a part of this forum!

Truvelo

Welcome :colorful:

I'll be going to Springfield next month so maybe you can tell me if work has started on I-70/I-71? If so I'll avoid it, if not I'll get some pictures before it all changes :cool:
Speed limits limit life

busman_49

They haven't touched it yet

Ian

Welcome to the forum Ryan!

Ian-signalkid1 from STF
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alex

Welcome to the board Ryan!

We just passed through Columbus and drove most of your freeway network. Was impressed to see eight lanes of I-270 on the northwest side.

Truvelo

Quote from: AARoads on October 04, 2010, 11:16:52 AM
Welcome to the board Ryan!

We just passed through Columbus and drove most of your freeway network. Was impressed to see eight lanes of I-270 on the northwest side.

I must admit Columbus has a much more complete freeway system than many cities. Both the inner and outer belts form complete loops and there's plenty of radial routes to choose from. A couple of years ago I decided to go through the centre of Columbus on I-70 and 670 than take 270 and this was a Friday afternoon. I didn't hit a single traffic jam. One can imagine if 670 wasn't built forcing all traffic onto I-70/71.
Speed limits limit life

6a

Welcome from a fellow Columbusite!

Quote from: Truvelo on October 04, 2010, 01:27:27 PM
One can imagine if 670 wasn't built forcing all traffic onto I-70/71.
Actually, 670 was closed several years ago for reconstruction and traffic got by amazingly well, all things considered.  One of the great things about the drivers here is their ability to cope with things like that.

The Premier

Greetings from a fellow Ohioan!
Alex P. Dent

mightyace

Greetings from someone who liven in Ohio (Cuyahoga Falls/Akron) for 10 years.  (1985-1995)

Some of the best times of my life.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

ctsignguy

Welcome aboard.....

Glad you decided to check this place out after our chat Saturday morning....oh the fiberglass STOP is very happy in its new home!.

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

BigMattFromTexas

Welcome to the forum. Hope you like it.
Howdy from Texas!
BigMatt

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: 6a on October 04, 2010, 02:39:17 PM
Welcome from a fellow Columbusite!

Quote from: Truvelo on October 04, 2010, 01:27:27 PM
One can imagine if 670 wasn't built forcing all traffic onto I-70/71.
Actually, 670 was closed several years ago for reconstruction and traffic got by amazingly well, all things considered.  One of the great things about the drivers here is their ability to cope with things like that.

It only took 50 years to get that last part, from Grandview to 315, from paper to concrete.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.