News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2013 NASCAR Fantasy League

Started by Alex, January 29, 2013, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

And from the other 4, 3 were out, and only Dale Earnhardt Jr went high. So I dropped to last place, including route56's adjustment X-(. Here are the standings.

1. (1.) 6018555 (flaroads), 603 points (+158)
2. (5.) jcm9572 (mefailenglish), 548 pts (+171) (Runner-up)
3. (6.) AARoads (Alex), 540 pts (+171) (Runner-up)
4. (-) kshighways (route56), 509 pts (+140)*
5. (3.) jlyben9174 (Alex's wife), 502 pts (+117)
6. (4.) on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 501 pts (+117)
7. (2.) Leudimin (I don't want to be here :banghead:), 481 pts (+66)

*Entered in round 4, lowest score up to there assigned.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

mefailenglish

I made a major bungle after Daytona (note to self:  READ THE RULES) and messed up my salary cap.  I've played salary cap games where, when people go down in value, you can "re-sign" them to their new lower value, and use the extra money to sign a better driver.  This one is different.  Plus, thanks to a family emergency, I was unable to make any moves for Phoenix.  (However, I did get to clinch large segments of US 17, 1, 301, and 601, and most of the pieces of I-73 and 74.)

A nice week at Bristol has made up for my earlier bungle.

BTW, if by "handball" you mean what they call "team handball" in the Olympics, it's one of my favorite* sports to watch in the Olympics.  I think I streamed most of the matches over the internet last year. 

*Please pardon the "American English" spelling.   :sombrero:

CNGL-Leudimin

Next Sunday is at Fontana CA. S***, Pacific time, normally 9 hours behind me (Due to DST already in force in the US and not yet in Europe time offset is currently 8 hours). Anyway, I've fired Mark Martin from my grid.

@mefailenglish: Yes, I mean team handball. Spain is current world champion at that sport. And I have to remember to write "favorite", and not the British form "favourite", next time because this is an American forum. BTW, I still mess up "center" and "centre".
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

FLRoads

QuoteAnd I have to remember to write "favorite", and not the British form "favourite", next time because this is an American forum. BTW, I still mess up "center" and "centre".

I actually prefer "centre" to "center", Just as I always like to see "theatre" instead of "theater". So you will not see me complaining about the spelling. I am probably in the minority to like the British counterparts over the American ones though.

mefailenglish

I like the British spellings too, especially Centre.  Probably because of many great evenings spent watching Dale Hunter and Peter Bondra at the ol' Capital Centre.  Yes, it was spelled Centre even though it was in Maryland.  Plus, I watch a lot of British game shows on YouTube (QI, The Chase, Only Connect, Countdown) so I'm quite used to the "other" spellings. 

Alex

Well Logano ended any chance I had of salvaging something today when he shoved the #11, leading to his horrible crash. Three of my drivers were out, leaving me with a very poor showing today. Time to reshuffle the deck. Hopefully Hamlin is OK...

FLRoads

Congrats on your win Leudimin! I see my lead is getting smaller and smaller...time to put it in gear.  :)

My day went from bad to worse with something ailing two of my drivers so I am not surprised on where I finished.

Man I was on the edge of my seat watching those final few laps. I had a feeling Kyle Busch was lurking back there while Logano and Hamlin battled it out, and sure enough he was. I was not, however, expecting the finish Hamlin got though. And for Logano to say "that is what he gets" in reference to Hamlin hitting the wall certainly does not show a lot of maturity or respect for your fellow race car driver, let alone your own teammate.

Hopefully Hamlin will be okay and will not miss Martinsville. At least he will have an extra week to recuperate.

CNGL-Leudimin

YES!!! After the crash I had in Bristol TN, I've got a ton of points in Fontana CA! 172, outscoring by 1 the previous record of mefailenglish and Alex (Nice crash that of Alex BTW) Here is the updated ranking:
1. (1.) 6018555 (flaroads), 723 points (+120)
2. (2.) jcm9572 (mefailenglish), 705 pts (+157)
3. (6.) on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 661 pts (+160)
4. (5.) jlyben9174 (Alex's wife), 658 pts (+156)
5. (7.) Leudimin (Me :happy:), 653 pts (+172) (Runner-up)
6. (3.) AARoads (Alex), 634 pts (+94)
6. (4.) kshighways (route56), 634 pts (+125)*

This Sunday is Easter, so Nascar is resting. Meanwhile Europe will go to DST that day. Next race is at Martinsville VA on April 7th, at 1:00 p.m. EDT/7:00 p.m. CEST. Will Nascar drivers give me 200+ points as birthday gift? We'll see!

A random, impulsive from-the-hip fact: Currently I have 653 points. Those numbers on a cell phone make up MLD, the disease after which I got one of my nicknames (And the one currently I'm using on Twitter among other sites). The tricky thing, it is made up after the Spanish name, if made after the English one the "min" part would have been before "leudi" or "leudy".

Alex

Heard on Sirius XM that Denny Hamlin broke his back. From ESPN:

QuoteSprint Cup driver Denny Hamlin suffered a compression fracture of his lower back in Sunday's last-lap crash involving former Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Joey Logano at Auto Club Speedway.

Hamlin spent the night at a local hospital in the Fontana, Calif., area and was expected to be released on Monday to fly home to Charlotte, where Dr. Jerry Petty of Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Associates will evaluate him later in the week.

CNGL-Leudimin

I'm watching the Hamlin crash or how Alex lost 25 points in a shot on YouTube now. If I hadn't dropped Earnhardt Jr from my roster, I would have scored 182 points instead of 172 and I would have returned to 3rd place :banghead:

CNGL-Leudimin

Two weeks ago I made a mistake: I said I had the record to the most points earned in a single race. Actually I had overlooked the 179 points Alex's wife got in Las Vegas. Anyway, it has been beaten on the just finished race @ Martinsville VA, as it is shown below.

1. (1.) 601855 (flaroads), 905 points (+182) (Is allowed to give a "runner-up" for the leader? :sombrero:)
2. (2.) jcm9572 (mefailenglish), 880 pts (+175)
3. (4.) jlyben9174 (Alex's wife), 805 pts (+147)
4. (5.) Leudimin (Me :happy:), 790 pts (+137)
5. (6.) kshighways (route56), 777 pts (+143)*
6. (3.) on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 774 pts (+113)
7. (6.) AARoads (Alex), 764 pts (+130)

Next week is the first night race @ Fort Worth TX. I get confused about the date, it states that will be on April 13th but after applying the time offset it results they race on April 14th on my time zone. And it will really into the middle of the night for me (1:30 a.m.!!! GMT+2)

route56

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on April 07, 2013, 05:41:11 PM
Next week is the first night race @ Fort Worth TX. I get confused about the date, it states that will be on April 13th but after applying the time offset it results they race on April 14th on my time zone. And it will really into the middle of the night for me (1:30 a.m.!!! GMT0130 UTC+2)

It's always tomorrow somewhere, that's why we have the International Date Line.

In any case, the race is indeed Saturday evening, local time (UTC - 5)
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

CNGL-Leudimin

I've made some tweaks to the ranking. And I've already made my roster changes for next weekend :-P.

route56: If you want to put UTC instead of GMT, you have also to remove the a.m. string, since UTC is a 24 hour clock while GMT is a 12 hour one.

route56

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on April 08, 2013, 03:42:30 PM
route56: If you want to put UTC instead of GMT, you have also to remove the a.m. string, since UTC is a 24 hour clock while GMT is a 12 hour one.

Picky, Picky.

R.P.K.

CNGL-Leudimin

And after 7 rounds, finally there is a change in the top of scoreboard! mefailenglish has scored a whooping 197 points last night @ Fort Worth TX and has run past flaroads! I was expecting to take leadership earlier when I had that horrible day in Bristol TN... Anyways, the board.

1. (2.) jcm9572 (mefailenglish), 1,077 points (+197) (Runner-up)
2. (1.) 6018555 (flaroads), 1,061 pts (+156)
3. (3.) jlyben9174 (Alex's wife), 985 pts (+180)
4. (5.) kshighways (route56), 943 pts (+166)
5. (4.) Leudimin (Me :happy:), 924 pts (+134)
6. (7.) AARoads (Alex), 879 pts (+115)
7. (6.) on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 874 pts (+100)

Next round is at Kansas City, on the KS side, not the MO one :-P. Back to a better schedule for me. I really have to push the throttle now...

FLRoads

I just eased off the gas a little bit, that's all. I'll be back on top of the leaderboard next week...lol :cool:

mefailenglish

Quote from: flaroads on April 14, 2013, 09:33:31 PM
I just eased off the gas a little bit, that's all. I'll be back on top of the leaderboard next week...lol :cool:
My drivers are radioing in, reporting a vibration.  That can't be good.

Seriously though, I see Talladega coming up soon.  That's basically like a pull at the slot machine.  Anyone could be in the lead after that race.

FLRoads

Quote from: mefailenglish on April 15, 2013, 08:42:13 PM
Quote from: flaroads on April 14, 2013, 09:33:31 PM
My drivers are radioing in, reporting a vibration.  That can't be good.

Seriously though, I see Talladega coming up soon.  That's basically like a pull at the slot machine.  Anyone could be in the lead after that race.

That is quite true. Talladega is always a wildcard because you never know who is going to be involved in the big one. And given these new Gen6 cars and the ending in last October's race, I can only imagine how its going to end...

Talladega will be Race 10 in the first segment by the way.

route56

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on April 14, 2013, 10:59:45 AM
Next round is at Kansas City, on the KS side, not the MO one :-P. Back to a better schedule for me. I really have to push the throttle now...

Home Track! ;)

(From July, 2006)

R.P.K.

Alex

Quote from: route56 on April 16, 2013, 04:51:04 PM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on April 14, 2013, 10:59:45 AM

Home Track! ;)

<snipped image>

Those signs were exactly the same in October 2004 as well. Its also Clint Bowyer's home track, go #15!

CNGL-Leudimin

S**t, once again I scored so low. I'll try to come up with a better team for next week. Scoreboard, no changes this week.

1. (1.) jcm9572 (mefailenglish), 1,227 points (+150)
2. (2.) 6018555 (flaroads), 1,202 pts (+141)
3. (3.) jlyben9174 (Alex's wife), 1,161 pts (+176) (Runner-up)
4. (4.) kshighways (route56), 1,095 pts (+152)*
5. (5.) Leudimin (me :happy:), 1,030 pts (+106)
6. (6.) AARoads (Alex), 1,027 pts (+148)
7. (7.) on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 1,016 pts (+142)

Next week, back to night and a bad schedule for me (April 28 1:30 a.m. CEST) @ Richmond VA. Perhaps I have to copy the team that chose Alex's wife...

route56

Question: Do NASCAR post-race penalties affect the fantasy standings?

R.P.K.

Alex

Quote from: route56 on April 24, 2013, 04:27:37 PM

I was wondering that myself but Matt Kenseth still has 48 points for Kansas, so I doubt they factor penalties into the equation. Brad K., Joey Logano, Matt Kenseth, and even throw in Denny Hamlin for his comments about the Gen6 cars...NASCAR officials have been busy lately...

route56

Quote from: Alex on April 24, 2013, 05:33:48 PM
Quote from: route56 on April 24, 2013, 04:27:37 PM

I was wondering that myself but Matt Kenseth still has 48 points for Kansas, so I doubt they factor penalties into the equation. Brad K., Joey Logano, Matt Kenseth, and even throw in Denny Hamlin for his comments about the Gen6 cars...NASCAR officials have been busy lately...

And another question. Shouldn't a owner's license suspension mean that the car should be parked. (rather than simply be ineligible for owner's points)

R.P.K.

CNGL-Leudimin

Well, at least I have perfomed better than last weeks. But I'm only one point ahead the red light of the group, so... Anyway, the scoreboard.

1. (1.) jgm9572 (mefailenglish), 1,379 points (+152)
2. (2.) 6018555 (flaroads), 1,334 pts (+132)
3. (3.) jlyben9174 (Alex's wife), 1,315 pts (+154)
4. (4.) kshighways (route56), 1,244 pts (+149)*
5. (5.) Leudimin (Me :happy:), 1,179 pts (+149)
5. (7.) on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 1,179 pts (+163) (Runner-up)
7. (6.) AARoads (Alex), 1,178 pts (+151)

Next round, again at better schedule for me, is at Talladega AL. As said two weeks ago, things could mess up in this race, so I'm thinking of keeping this great team (I'd have scored in the 180s if Mark Martin had not retired). Especially now that my usual computer has crashed and I had to borrow this laptop from where I'm writing, apparently I can't login to ESPN.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.