Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Indiana Notes

<< < (442/457) > >>

cabiness42:

--- Quote from: ibthebigd on August 04, 2021, 11:01:49 AM ---When will the new section of I-265 be officially signed?

SM-G950U



--- End quote ---

I haven't heard anything. I don't know what the holdup would be to slapping some new signs on the roadway.

I-55:

--- Quote from: cabiness42 on August 04, 2021, 06:00:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: ibthebigd on August 04, 2021, 11:01:49 AM ---When will the new section of I-265 be officially signed?

SM-G950U



--- End quote ---

I haven't heard anything. I don't know what the holdup would be to slapping some new signs on the roadway.

--- End quote ---

Feds might not like how the exit numbering switches directions at the state line.

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: I-55 on August 06, 2021, 08:43:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: cabiness42 on August 04, 2021, 06:00:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: ibthebigd on August 04, 2021, 11:01:49 AM ---When will the new section of I-265 be officially signed?

SM-G950U



--- End quote ---

I haven't heard anything. I don't know what the holdup would be to slapping some new signs on the roadway.

--- End quote ---

Feds might not like how the exit numbering switches directions at the state line.

--- End quote ---
The fact that the I-265 designation AND exit number direction aren't uniform make it seem like that IN and KY didn't cooperate at all on the interstate.
Though I did attempt a combined I-265 exit list in fictional a while ago:

--- Quote from: SkyPesos on April 27, 2021, 08:27:39 PM ---Renumbered exit numbers on I-265 in Indiana as a continuation of the exit numbers in Kentucky:


--- End quote ---

Interstate 69 Fan:

--- Quote from: SkyPesos on August 06, 2021, 08:47:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: I-55 on August 06, 2021, 08:43:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: cabiness42 on August 04, 2021, 06:00:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: ibthebigd on August 04, 2021, 11:01:49 AM ---When will the new section of I-265 be officially signed?

SM-G950U



--- End quote ---

I haven't heard anything. I don't know what the holdup would be to slapping some new signs on the roadway.

--- End quote ---

Feds might not like how the exit numbering switches directions at the state line.

--- End quote ---
The fact that the I-265 designation AND exit number direction aren't uniform make it seem like that IN and KY didn't cooperate at all on the interstate.
Though I did attempt a combined I-265 exit list in fictional a while ago:

--- Quote from: SkyPesos on April 27, 2021, 08:27:39 PM ---Renumbered exit numbers on I-265 in Indiana as a continuation of the exit numbers in Kentucky:


--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
INDOT typically doesn't carry exit numbers over from state lines, so it doesn't surprise me that they didn't here. I-275 must be an exception, maybe perhaps KY & OH added their exit numbers and carried them over, so INDOT decided to follow.

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on August 06, 2021, 10:44:14 PM ---INDOT typically doesn't carry exit numbers over from state lines, so it doesn't surprise me that they didn't here. I-275 must be an exception, maybe perhaps KY & OH added their exit numbers and carried them over, so INDOT decided to follow.

--- End quote ---
It's not just INDOT. When I-295 was extended into PA along former I-95 when the I-95/PA Turnpike connection was finished, and exits had to be renumbered on former I-95, PennDOT had the choice to continue NJ's exit numbers, which would be exits 77-86, but instead, they used their own sequence with 1-10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version