Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Delaware

<< < (430/438) > >>

ixnay:

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on November 28, 2022, 11:48:25 AM ---(For DE 24)  TRAFFIC ALERT - Sussex County - Nighttime Road Closure of SR 24 between Robinsonville Road and Hollymount Road

--- End quote ---

That's in Angola, south of DE 1's golden mile at Midway, per
https://www.wrde.com/news/state-road-24-closure-starts-monday-night/article_63d62056-6f46-11ed-955a-8bbe57c1e309.html ,
but before the just-as-booming Long Neck community around DE 5, 23, and 24.

Alex4897:
DelDOT finally posted the workshop materials from the SR 1 - Corridor Capacity Preservation Program meetings from early this month, detailing plans to convert SR 1 between Dover and Five Points into an expressway (sort of... every link is broken except for the GIS page with the full plans).

Highlights include preliminary plans for a number of new grade separations, new frontage roads, intersection and driveway removals, master plans for Little Heaven and Frederica, and the addition of a third lane between Dover and the US 113 split in Milford. Curiously the new third lane isn't depicted as extending through Dover using the existing roadbed that's striped as a wide left shoulder, though I imagine that's due to anything north of Dover being out of the project's scope.

74/171FAN:
This link braking must be a full-on issue then not directly related to the DE 30 page...

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: Alex4897 on December 01, 2022, 12:09:00 AM ---DelDOT finally posted the workshop materials from the SR 1 - Corridor Capacity Preservation Program meetings from early this month, detailing plans to convert SR 1 between Dover and Five Points into an expressway (sort of... every link is broken except for the GIS page with the full plans).

Highlights include preliminary plans for a number of new grade separations, new frontage roads, intersection and driveway removals, master plans for Little Heaven and Frederica, and the addition of a third lane between Dover and the US 113 split in Milford. Curiously the new third lane isn't depicted as extending through Dover using the existing roadbed that's striped as a wide left shoulder, though I imagine that's due to anything north of Dover being out of the project's scope.

--- End quote ---
So looking at the plans... does this mean that the portion of DE-1 between Dover and Milford would become a fully controlled access six-lane freeway? It would be certainly nice to have six lanes and controlled access on that portion, along with possibly a 65 mph speed limit... I recall driving it a couple years ago during the summer and it was quite full and fast moving (70+ mph) for being non-limited-access design.

The plans show limited access controls all the way to Five Points, though a few at-grade turnarounds and what appears to be a few driveways remain south of Milford.

froggie:
^ Some of those look more like RIRO than actual interchange ramps.  Or are ramps with VERY TIGHT turning radii.  Wouldn't quite call that a freeway.  Nor do I expect them to actually build 6 lanes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version