News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

South Jersey Road News

Started by Alex, June 17, 2010, 11:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

New exit, new toll for AC Airport expressway ramp

QuoteHAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) – A new exit off the Atlantic City Expressway will open Friday for motorists heading to Atlantic City International Airport.

And this being New Jersey, so will a new toll.

It will cost $3 to get off at the new exit 17 in Hamilton Township. Most other expressway tolls are 75 cents.

==
I-295 road project to begin this week in N.J.

QuoteTRENTON – Traffic restrictions are coming to a 12-mile stretch of I-295 in Burlington County, state officials said Wednesday.

The changes, including lane and ramp closings, are to start Friday and continue through the end of the year as part of an $85 million road improvement project, said the state Department of Transportation.

Traffic alterations will occur between Exit 45 in Westampton and Exit 57 in Bordentown Township, where the southbound roadway will be reduced from three lanes to two. Several ramps will be closed until late summer.

Alex

New Garden State Parkway exit opens

QuoteBARNEGAT TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) – Motorists in southern New Jersey have a new exit on the Garden State Parkway.

The northbound interchange at Exit 67 opened Tuesday, allowing drivers to exit into Barnegat Township and onto West Bay Avenue.

Mayor Jeff Melchiondo heralded the end to the multimillion dollar project that was nearly a decade in the making with a honk of his horn.

Township Administrator David Breeden told The press of Atlantic City the northbound exit could provide a boost to businesses.

Breeden said a drug store opened last weekend and a convenience store is scheduled to open Friday.

Alex

NJ proposes spending $100 million for I-295 upgrades

QuoteNew Jersey officials plan to spend more than $100 million to upgrade I-295 and connecting highways in Camden County.

The funds are part of some $166 million intended for travel improvements in the area, according to Gov. Chris Christie. His administration on Thursday proposed statewide spending of $3.5 billion under a Transportation Capital Program for fiscal year 2012.

The largest amount in South Jersey -- $96.7 million -- would launch a project to end congestion and accidents where 295 meets N.J. 42 and I-76 in Gloucester City and Bellmawr. The state also would spend $7.8 million on a similar project already under way at the confluence of 295, 42 and 76 in Bellmawr and Mount Ephraim.

In addition, the plan calls for $5 million to improve traffic patterns between 295 and 42 in Bellmawr and Mount Ephraim, and $3 million to resurface 295 in Logan, Gloucester County.

Overall, the plan allots $144.6 million for 11 projects in Camden County, compared to nearly $20 million for six projects in Gloucester County.

The state would set aside $1.4 million for two projects in Burlington County, with most of that money going to replace equipment on the River LINE between Camden and Trenton.

Other proposals submitted to the Legislature for review include:

$23.4 million to replace the Cooper River bridge and widen N.J. 30/130 northbound from Haddon Avenue to North Park Drive in Collingswood and Pennsauken.

Nearly $12 million for replacement of the U.S. 322 Raccoon Creek Bridge/Mullica Hill Pond Dam in Harrison.

$4.5 million for "traffic calming" and pedestrian safety measures along River Road in Camden.

Almost $4 million to upgrade parts of N.J. 30 in Laurel Springs, Lindenwold, Clementon and Berlin.

$1.4 million to improve drainage along N.J. 45 in Westville.

tollboothrob

Quote from: Alex on March 28, 2011, 01:05:20 PM
NJ proposes spending $100 million for I-295 upgrades

$23.4 million to replace the Cooper River bridge and widen N.J. 30/130 northbound from Haddon Avenue to North Park Drive in Collingswood and Pennsauken.

Almost $4 million to upgrade parts of N.J. 30 in Laurel Springs, Lindenwold, Clementon and Berlin.

*NJ* 30/130? Way to go, Delaware... but to be far, I remember at least 1 NJ 30 trailblazer on US 30, I believe in the Berlin area. Surprisingly not one of the construction goofs they're so known for.
Longtime roadgeek, MTR and AARoads follower. Employee of NJ Turnpike Operations Department

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.