News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 07:45:25 AM
Quote from: silverback1065 on Today at 07:36:02 AMI-11 makes sense from 80 in Reno to 10 in Phoenix. no need for it elsewhere.
I agree, but I'm also not a huge fan of how it ties way the hell out east of Reno and way the hell out west of Phoenix. Whatever the case, If these DOTs Are dead set on these alignments, They need to find a way to build high-speed expressways to connect to any extension to these respective cities.

Have any links on this? I assumed 11 would just run into 580 in Carson City and 17 in Phoenix via an upgraded US 60.
Quote from: silverback1065 on Today at 07:36:02 AMI-11 makes sense from 80 in Reno to 10 in Phoenix. no need for it elsewhere.
I agree, but I'm also not a huge fan of how it ties way the hell out east of Reno and way the hell out west of Phoenix. Whatever the case, If these DOTs Are dead set on these alignments, They need to find a way to build high-speed expressways to connect to any extension to these respective cities.
General Highway Talk / Re: Which Non-Interstates In Y...
Last post by Big John - Today at 07:39:24 AM
Quote from: mgk920 on June 15, 2024, 12:10:00 PMWhat interchanges on non-interstates here in Wisconsin don't now have numbers?

Mike
For Green Bay area: WI 54 Mason St Bridge, WI 54/57, WI 172, US 141 north of Abrams.
I-11 makes sense from 80 in Reno to 10 in Phoenix. no need for it elsewhere.
Off-Topic / Re: Cities that feel different...
Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 07:35:15 AM
I gotta say Dallas and OKC feel like two different worlds to me. One is alive and popping and the other is called an up and coming city but is just dead most of time with few areas being the exception.
Off-Topic / Re: Cities that feel different...
Last post by DandyDan - Today at 06:58:35 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan3561 on May 31, 2024, 03:00:14 PMI'd say Minneapolis and St. Paul feel pretty different. They did formerly have an intense rivalry and distaste for one another that time and growth have eroded away. St. Paul has a much more Victorian feel owing to Irish Catholic roots, while Minneapolis feels much more similar to Rust Belt cities in some aspects,
I always thought that originally, St. Paul was settled by Catholics and Minneapolis was primarily Lutherans of German and Scandinavian origin.

The one I definitely think about in Iowa that fits is Waterloo and Cedar Falls. Waterloo is old and industrial while Cedar Falls is a college town.
General Highway Talk / Re: I'm so old that...
Last post by jeffandnicole - Today at 06:52:21 AM
Quote from: dlsterner on June 15, 2024, 04:28:32 PM•  On entering turnpikes, you were given a card listing the fares to all of the other exits.  You turned in this card with your fare when exiting.

You will still get one on the NJ Turnpike when going thru the ticket/cash lanes. The only difference is the tickets list the price for all vehicle classifications, rather than the amounts for your specific vehicle class.
Sports / Re: Hockey
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 06:49:23 AM
Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on June 15, 2024, 07:06:52 AMLooks like Canada's 30+ year title drought will continue for at least another year. 

Well, now it looks like the Oilers were very angry about that possibility and did something to at least delay it.
General Highway Talk / Re: I'm so old that...
Last post by DandyDan - Today at 06:33:32 AM
I remember when we used to take the Hennepin County 62 freeway to go to my uncle's apartment and how Hennepin County 18 was also a freeway.

I also remember that the bridge that used to cross the Mississippi River at Inver Grove Heights, MN was a free bridge.

I also remember when Illinois's I-88 was Illinois Route 5.

I also remember when Nebraska Highway 38 went on West Center Road and Center Street in Omaha.

Mid-Atlantic / Re: I-495 and I-270 Managed La...
Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 05:56:02 AM
It looks construction on the Legions Bridge could start in 2026 and open by 2032:

https://www.worldhighways.com/wh8/news/us4-billion-bridge-and-highway-project

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.